Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 08:53 PM   #1
Acilius

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default Screen and trackball not working

Please Login to Remove!

I have a problem. I dropped my BB and the screen cracked. The screen froze at the main menu with a white tint. I pulled out the battery and put it back in. My screen no longer worked and was unable to use it. For the last couple hours I have been testing or examining to make sure if anything else is broken. The LED light at the top right corner works and so does the speaker. I am able to tell when I receive new messages because it rings and the LED flashes red. I was able to accept incoming calls and speak with speaker-phone off and on. I was also able to call other people using the voice command feature. I tried to take a picture using the shortcut on the side of the phone and with no luck, I couldn't. I kept pressing the trackball softly and firmly but it would not take one. The trackball and keyboard do not light up like they used to. I know I should replace the LCD screen but what about the trackball? Is it the trackball not working or is it a more serious problem? Also, are the keyboard and trackball lit up by the LCD screen or what? Will this problem with the trackball allow me to get the phone working again or not? Will I need a completely new phone? All help is GREATLY appreciated. Help...

Edit: I have tested everything with my battery and a spare I have when I bought my phone

Last edited by Acilius; 02-19-2010 at 08:55 PM..
Old 02-20-2010, 03:20 AM   #2
Acilius

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default Solved or whatever

Weird that I couldn't get the help from the official site.
ht
tp://forums.crackberry
.com/f52/screen-trackball-
not-working-425436/
Old 02-20-2010, 07:49 AM   #3
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted

This forum is not associated with RIM.