BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 10:39 AM   #21
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Judging by the comments about how it slows things down to a crawl, I'm giving this a MISS and trying Pocket Informant.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:56 AM   #22
DaBlackberryBoy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9850
PIN: URADUMAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
Judging by the comments about how it slows things down to a crawl, I'm giving this a MISS and trying Pocket Informant.
How did PI fair versus agendus? I am in the market as well...
Old 10-20-2008, 07:39 PM   #23
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBlackberryBoy View Post
How did PI fair versus agendus? I am in the market as well...
It's not bad, but it still needs some work. No floating events, which is a big one for me. Another is that the weekly calendar is not customizable as far as layout. I'm used to Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday on the left column and Thursday through Sunday on the right, like a paper date book. I find the layout a bit awkward. I have always relied on the weekly view so this is important to me. Yet another issue for me is that PI-BB doesn't integrate with the built-in PIM on Blackberrys so contacts and calendar entries must be synced in. This can lead to duplicate entries in both if you sync more than just initially. I see the logic for keeping the built-in PIM and PI-BB separate, but I would prefer if they just shared all info. Entering an event in either would ensure it showed up on both calendars. Likewise with contacts. For me, the jury is still out.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:05 AM   #24
roofus
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: PassP
Carrier: Bell

I had Iambic PIM software for my Newton about 11 years ago. I was great! I can't remember the exact name. It was the forerunner of Agendus.

The Newton is still better than the stuff that is out there now with 11 year old technology!

It's too big,monochrome, and doesn't have a phone but just imagine what you would have with the Newton OS running on the modern hardware!

Oh nostalgia

Last edited by roofus; 10-21-2008 at 07:06 AM..
Old 10-21-2008, 08:31 AM   #25
DaBlackberryBoy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9850
PIN: URADUMAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
It's not bad, but it still needs some work. No floating events, which is a big one for me. Another is that the weekly calendar is not customizable as far as layout. I'm used to Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday on the left column and Thursday through Sunday on the right, like a paper date book. I find the layout a bit awkward. I have always relied on the weekly view so this is important to me. Yet another issue for me is that PI-BB doesn't integrate with the built-in PIM on Blackberrys so contacts and calendar entries must be synced in. This can lead to duplicate entries in both if you sync more than just initially. I see the logic for keeping the built-in PIM and PI-BB separate, but I would prefer if they just shared all info. Entering an event in either would ensure it showed up on both calendars. Likewise with contacts. For me, the jury is still out.
This was one turn off for me as well. Agendus was so-so to me, but PIBB has promise, but does not link directly to the native PIM data stores (events,notes,tasks,contacts). I think I will make the switch once this integration is available.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:07 AM   #26
thh

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Swisscom
Thumbs down Agendus - i'm missing Agendus for Palm

I've worked some years with Agendus for Palm.
A great piece of software! Especially the possibility of visualizing categories with different colours (in tasks, contacts AND calendar).

when i switched to BB Bold the first step was to get Agendus for BB!

What a great disappointment!
- Categories only work in tasks and contacts
- poor performance on BB Bold
- Usability (shortcuts, menu structure) is far behind Palm Agendus and also behind build-in BB Apps

Seems that iambic released a BETA versions...
Closed Thread