BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 11:46 PM   #1
rbentivegna

Model: 7100t
Default New blackberry

Please Login to Remove!

Hey guys,

I am new to the Blackberry universe and I am getting ready to make the big jump... the reasons?

I feel very disorganized. I can't quite pull my e-mail, phone and "human" encounters together into one place, and I often end up missing beats because I wrote an appointment in an agenda that I left at home, or something. You know how it is. Therefore, the Blackberry for me would be a tool where I could access e-mails, phone and organizer at the same time. I realize that it is not a PDA, but at the same time I will certainly make serious use of the Calender/To Do option in the unit. Lots of typing.

Would you guys recommend the 7100t? or the 7105t? Or the 7290?

I have the opportunity to pick up a 7100 for $120. It's in really, really good condition.

Comments?

Roberto
Old 02-08-2006, 12:20 AM   #2
Tylar
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

well, I will tell you in advance "welcome to the darkside". You have what I feel are the right reasons for a Blackberry. I know people that have BBs for status or because "they're cool".

I'm on-call 24x7, need email all hours of the day plus a paging scheme, a centralized source for all Outlook related type information and something just to keep me connected/organized. I honestly don't know how I did my job beforehand. With enough tinkering with settings and other items, you should be able to have that thing doing you more favors than initially intended.

Good luck.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:45 AM   #3
digs

Model: None

My order is in as well, for a 7250 available through my large company and their enterprise server. Looking forward to the benefits for the same reasons Tylar mentioned. I was only given the option for a 7250 (Verizon or Nextel are our providors) but even if the 7100 was a choice I prefer the full qwerty keyboards since email will be a heavy usage item.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:24 AM   #4
dkmadrid
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

I have been using a 7250 for about a year now and prefer the form factor more than the 7100, but I think it mostly comes down to personal perference. Is a full qwerty keyboard a necessity for you? Is this really going to be a cell phone that has PIM capabilities for you or are you looking for a device that primarily pushes email? All factors in your decision.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:21 PM   #5
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Before you buy, you need to make sure the service provider works where you will be using the phone. Which BB you get should depend upon who the carrier is and how the coverage is where you live, work, play and/or travel, not the best deal you can get on the device. Make sure you check that out first or you might end up with an expensive paperweight.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:39 PM   #6
mjb1206

Model: 7250

Dubdub,

Great Post !! I can’t count how many of my friends and inquiring minds, that always asks, “Who do you have for your cellular service?” And of course I tell them, just because I choose Verizon, “Oh I can get it cheaper with another provider”. Well, I tell them go right ahead.

The most important thing like you mentioned is, is it going to work sufficient in the geographic area you live, work, travel, and play in. And then of course, does the provider have the services you are looking for i.e.: Type of cell phone, data link, camera, and all the other bells-and-whistles that are offered with the type of device you are looking for.

I’m far from a rich guy, but I have no problem paying a little more for something that works better for me! I have a box full of cell phone and a few PDA, I have tried and moved onto something in my eyes, I thought was better for what I needed. And I guess most of all, you have to feel comfortable with what you are use to operating.

Good Luck With The Choice You Make,

Matt
Old 02-08-2006, 09:37 PM   #7
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbentivegna
Would you guys recommend the 7100t? or the 7105t? Or the 7290?
I'd actually recommend the 8700 but it isn't on your list. The 7290 is rock solid. If you're ok with SureType the 7100 and 7105 are nice.
Closed Thread