Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 06:31 AM   #1
Catram

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: rogers
Default 8520 BB media player issue

Please Login to Remove!

Very suddenly the other day, the BB media player on my 8520 started to act up. Specifically, it refused to run in the background, and more annoyingly, it pauses whenever I stow it in the BB holster.

I have been tearing my hair out trying to get it to stop, but to no avail. I have done several hard resets, changed and rechanged every possibly related option or setting and I even reinstalled the OS; no joy.

I would like to avoid spending $ on another media player, especially when I know this one suits my needs fine, when it is working properly.

Can anyone offer advice, my searching on this and other sites have produced no leads.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:14 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

When you say run in the background, has it worked the way you want before, or is this a problem you have had all along since you started using the device? If this is a problem you have had all along, describe exactly what you are doing.

Regarding pausing when you place the blackberry in the holster, have you experimented? Have you been very careful to make sure you are not pressing a convenience key or something like that?

What about possible conflicts with third-party applications? Do you have any applications (other than the stock RIM/blackberry apps) that run in the background? If so, what about fully exiting/closing everything so that nothing but the stock apps are running?