frazberry

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: digicel
Default NEED HELP Torch not booting

Please Login to Remove!

here is a break down of what i did:
1. wipe the phone using bbsak
2. install update using DM (update was successful and phone restarted and i was able to restore data)
3. i tried to uninstall some apps that get loaded by default with the OS but when the phone tried to restart it went into a 507 error
4. still in DM I once again clicked update and the process began again but this time the phone restarted with black screen and the LED pulsing twice with a pause and then repeating

i've tried to do the install like whats in the nuked 101 tutorial but the thing is the phone is not being recognized by the computer.

sometimes i get the computer to recognize the phone but the the update process hangs because i think the phone start 'tripping' again

please help cause its a friends phone and he has some important information that needs to be restored and we dont have a second bb to transfer the info in the mean time
Old 05-21-2012, 08:07 PM   #2
MERK350Z
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
PIN: 294E926C
Carrier: T-MOBILE
Default Re: NEED HELP Torch not booting

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazberry View Post
here is a break down of what i did:
1. wipe the phone using bbsak
2. install update using DM (update was successful and phone restarted and i was able to restore data)
3. i tried to uninstall some apps that get loaded by default with the OS but when the phone tried to restart it went into a 507 error
4. still in DM I once again clicked update and the process began again but this time the phone restarted with black screen and the LED pulsing twice with a pause and then repeating

i've tried to do the install like whats in the nuked 101 tutorial but the thing is the phone is not being recognized by the computer.

sometimes i get the computer to recognize the phone but the the update process hangs because i think the phone start 'tripping' again

please help cause its a friends phone and he has some important information that needs to be restored and we dont have a second bb to transfer the info in the mean time

hmm lets see so i take it your phone is BRICKED as most in the phone world will say , in all honesty it is really hard to brick a blackberry . try doing this i remember i tried it on my storm 9520 take battery out and hold finger on power button while connecting it and keep holding it till you hear the computer make a sound like you just plugged something in . then real quick install the battery then run recovery or upgrade . see if this works it worked for me
Old 05-21-2012, 08:16 PM   #3
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Default Re: NEED HELP Torch not booting

Error 507 means there is no OS on the device. What apps were you trying to delete? Sounds like you were trying to delete parts of the OS and files either partially deleted or got corrupted.

If a battery pul won't fix it and reboot the device, then you need to try to reload the OS.

You ned to wipe using Jl_cmdr (see the FAQ) and then reload a good OS, not necessarily the latest version.

If the PC doesn't recognize the BB, heck the sticky at the top of the Help section.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Closed Thread