Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 03:51 PM   #1
4ofN

Model: bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: rogers
Default why does todomatrix requrie cell signal

Please Login to Remove!

I'm a little confused. I downloaded todomatrix to try it out, but it doesn't seem to want to start unless I have a cell signal (which I won't always have).

Does anyone know how to run this in disconnected mode?
Old 10-18-2008, 04:22 PM   #2
wu-wei
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: A GADDA DA VIDA
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

ToDoMatrix uses Always*Safe for OTA backups, and you need a data plan to register, even as a trial user.

There might be a way to use it offline, but I'm not aware of any.

I'd check the RexWireless help documents available online. That might provide some guidance.

[edit]

Here's your answer:

I want to use my BlackBerry as a PDA without communications enabled. How can I use REXwireless software?

We are sorry but our software simply cannot be initialized and activated, nor upgraded or backed-up without communications fully-enabled on your device. There is no way to use our software in your scenario.

REXwireless.com/forums • View topic - Can I use REXwireless without an active data plan?

[\edit]

Last edited by wu-wei; 10-18-2008 at 04:23 PM..
Old 10-19-2008, 07:47 AM   #3
4ofN

Model: bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: rogers

Unbelievable
Old 10-19-2008, 08:01 AM   #4
rexguys
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: TMO
Default ToDoMatrix / Communications

There may be a bit of a misunderstanding - you do not need constant communications - the program works great with the BlackBerry being offline for periods of time, no matter if we are talking about a long flight or three weeks on a safari.

We use data communications to initiate a trial, set the trial date, and to download the initial database to the program. Communications are also need to extend the trial date or to activate the program with a purchased activation code.

One of our best features is Always*Safe wireless backup. The user does not have to remember to backup. When changes are made on ToDoMatrix, they are sent wirelessly to the user's AES256 encrypted backup on our servers. If you are that cross country flight or on that safari and don't have cell signal, changes are placed in the queue for the next time you do have wireless data services. Then, if the BlackBerry is lost, stolen, or damaged, the data can easily be wirelessly restored on the next BlackBerry. Clearly, Always*Safe backup and recovery requires communications. Always*Safe is included with a user's one-time license fee for ToDoMatrix.

Lastly, we offer the optional REXdesktop feature, which allows a person access to their ToDoMatrix data on a browser session from a PC or Mac. Changes made on REXdesktop sync wirelessly with ToDoMatrix on the BlackBerry, and therefore, require communications as well. ToDoMatrix works great, whether or not a person opts for REXdesktop.

Cheers,

--the REXguys--

More info:
REXwireless: BlackBerry Software Applications

Last edited by rexguys; 10-19-2008 at 08:04 AM.. Reason: Clarification
Old 10-19-2008, 08:10 AM   #5
wu-wei
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: A GADDA DA VIDA
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted (8800)

Keep in mind that Blackberry has primarily been intended as a wireless device, whereas a Palm or other straight PDA has had wireless grafted on as technology developed. Makes sense that most Berry apps would rely on data.
Closed Thread