BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 09:04 AM   #1
oodles12

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tmobile
Default Unlocked blackberry 9000 wont read sim!

Please Login to Remove!

Just purchased unlocked bberry from ebay and got it in today. the seller had left his at&t card in. when i went to advanced options and then sim card it says SIM CARD: Security Disabled. but it doesn't list these:
Sim:
Network Subset:
Service provider:
Corporate:
under sim card security disabled it just lists the ID and phone number.
however when i put in my tmobile sim card it says "this sim card needs an unlock code. would you like to unlock it now?" when I say yes it asks for the MEP code. I thought it was just a problem with that sim card but I tried another tmobile sim card and it says the same thing. It's not reading the sim and it says invalid sim card. neither of the sim cards have ever been in a locked phone. one of them has been in an unlocked iphone and the other is brand new. PLEASE HELP! Is the phone not unlocked?
Old 01-29-2011, 04:11 PM   #2
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Carrier: Tesco Mobile
Default Re: Unlocked blackberry 9000 wont read sim!

If it is asking for an unlock code, then no the phone is not unlocked.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 01-29-2011, 06:15 PM   #3
Sonict120
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 24a230b7
Carrier: At&t / T~Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by oodles12 View Post
Just purchased unlocked bberry from ebay and got it in today. the seller had left his at&t card in. when i went to advanced options and then sim card it says SIM CARD: Security Disabled. but it doesn't list these:
Sim:
Network Subset:
Service provider:
Corporate:
however when i put in my tmobile sim card it says "this sim card needs an unlock code. would you like to unlock it now?" when I say yes it asks for the MEP code. I thought it was just a problem with that sim card but I tried another tmobile sim card and it says the same thing. It's not reading the sim and it says invalid sim card. neither of the sim cards have ever been in a locked phone. one of them has been in an unlocked iphone and the other is brand new. PLEASE HELP! Is the phone not unlocked?
go to horizion wireles they un lock code for $1o to $20 ive unlock my bold last year from them make sure you tell them you are a member and give them your user name on this forum cause you will get a discount
Old 03-20-2011, 03:16 PM   #4
VaderJr

Carrier: Airtel

Quote:
Originally Posted by oodles12 View Post
Sim:
Network Subset:
Service provider:
Corporate:
If I am not wrong, the phone is still locked. Do one thing. You need to get the MEP code and IMEI numbers from the phone. For IMEI number you need to press *#06#. To get the MEP code, you need to download MEP code reader software. Free software is available on the internet. Just give those details with the phone model number and check for free unlock codes provider (if you are interested to get this free). You might get an unlock code within a day max. Else you can also buy an unlock code service from E-bay.
Closed Thread