Old 07-09-2007, 02:03 PM   #1
ChadTheFrog

Model: Pearl
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Post I feel like you guys slammed the door in my face

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I created a post in the new members section to introduce myself and talk a bit about my blackberry. Apparently, I said "too much" in the post or something I shouldn't have because it got moved someplace... I don't know where. I'm a new user trying to figure out this forum.

Anyway, I'll be requesting the removal of my user account. I was hoping to discuss stuff here, but I guess I just created problems. I'm sure a mod will delete this post as well so we can cover up the untidyness I have caused.

Quote: Originally Posted by ChadTheFrog Quote: Originally Posted by JSanders
Hey, I merged the threads back to the original, yea it may not make much sense at times.

Just create a new New Member thread, please. No big deal.

Are you kidding me? What did I say that wasn't supposed to be posted in the post? It was my 2nd post and "about me"!

No, not kidding. Look at the rest of the New Member threads--short sweet and to the point, saying HI, etc. Dawg was right, it keeps the forum cleaner. He's a good guy, he's not harassing you.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:07 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

No, I did. There is no "you guys" involved.

I doubt anyone will delete this post or your account. I merged the thread because I and another longtime user felt it had a better place in the thread on the same subject where you had already posted (and that is where is still resides, in the same thread of your original post). Please don't take it so personal, no one intended it that way, I am certain.

You are very welcome here, explore and enjoy.

Last edited by JSanders; 07-09-2007 at 02:09 PM..
Old 07-09-2007, 02:16 PM   #3
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T

Welcome Chad....sorry about your bumpy start. You will find very helpful and respectful members here who are willing to help and share information.

E-

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs

Last edited by Thatzmister2u; 07-09-2007 at 02:35 PM..
Old 07-09-2007, 03:35 PM   #4
i robot
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: o2

Hi Chad what BB are you carrying? Haven't heard of the 1234
Old 07-09-2007, 03:53 PM   #5
No Longer Registered.

Hi Chad!

Welcome to the forum.... enjoy your stay.

Old 07-09-2007, 04:20 PM   #6
John Clark
BBF Moderator

PIN: s & needles

Chad,
I can assure you nobody slammed the door in your face. This is an internet forum board. Posting on these boards takes a reasonable bit of "thick skin." Instead of assuming the worst (which was wrong) assume the best, give a little benefit of the doubt. Thousands of posts every day get made here and it's our job to keep them as organized as possible. It's just good "forum etiquette" to not double post your issues. Most of the forum "regulars" log on and hit "new posts" or "today's posts" and all the posts from the day come up regardless of what forum they are posted in. Start another new member thread and just relax...you'll like it here.

I can assure you that you're as welcome here as anyone else. There's tons of info here that will make your BB experience an enjoyable one.

Happy posting! (and searching )

JC

FWIW, we can't remove your username.

Last edited by John Clark; 07-09-2007 at 04:21 PM..
Old 07-09-2007, 04:52 PM   #7
vwpsst20

Model: 8300

hi Chad,

for us 'newbies' its hard to get use to things.. im still trying to figure how to get around! lol

I wouldn't take things so personal... it's just how most forums work, they categorize things as they seem appropriate. nothing to do with you
Old 07-09-2007, 06:33 PM   #8
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

Can we have a group hug and sing kumbaya now????
Old 07-09-2007, 09:02 PM   #9
Demon
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
PIN: 304fcd63

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkHead View Post
Sent you a PM yesterday. Please get back to me, thanks.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:21 AM   #10
Lowrider
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: CBW

Chad......................??????????????????
Old 07-10-2007, 06:29 AM   #11
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkHead View Post
Noooooooo, that's ok.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:47 AM   #12
ChadTheFrog

Model: Pearl

Hi guys.

Thanks for the welcome from everyone. I guess I was a bit quick to say "you guys", when it is really just JSanders I have a problem with; he even said "No, I did. There is no "you guys" involved." in reference to "slamming the door in my face."

I was running a pretty high fever and I've been sick the last 2 days, so maybe that had something to do with my hasty decisions to complain about all this. I shouldn't let one person's actions or unfriendliness impact my decision to chat with all of you. I changed all of my user info because I wanted nothing to do with this anymore, I was just going to leave. I can't find any way to delete my account or this post even. I'd rather the whole incident didn't happen.

JSanders, I don't agree with your decision to move my "Hi - New Member Introduction" post to a different discussion. Was it because I stated what brought me to Blackberryforums.com and because I included the link to where we were discussion that? If that was the problem, it could have been edited or whatever. Instead you seem to claim that my post was too long and I should've kept it shorter? I'm not even sure. I finally found where it was moved to, in the general discussion for a phone I don't even have! I found that link via Google and paid no attention to what it was under - only that it dealt with the problem I had with the "Emergency Call" (please don't take me mentioning this HERE as a reason to move this post!)

I wasn't aware there was a limit imposed by you. Maybe you should put that in the FAQ. The way you treated me right from the start gave me a bad impression of this board as a whole, and that's a shame.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:55 AM   #13
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadTheFrog View Post
Hi guys.

Thanks for the welcome from everyone. I guess I was a bit quick to say "you guys", when it is really just JSanders I have a problem with; he even said "No, I did. There is no "you guys" involved." in reference to "slamming the door in my face."

I was running a pretty high fever and I've been sick the last 2 days, so maybe that had something to do with my hasty decisions to complain about all this. I shouldn't let one person's actions or unfriendliness impact my decision to chat with all of you. I changed all of my user info because I wanted nothing to do with this anymore, I was just going to leave. I can't find any way to delete my account or this post even. I'd rather the whole incident didn't happen.

JSanders, I don't agree with your decision to move my "Hi - New Member Introduction" post to a different discussion. Was it because I stated what brought me to Blackberryforums.com and because I included the link to where we were discussion that? If that was the problem, it could have been edited or whatever. Instead you seem to claim that my post was too long and I should've kept it shorter? I'm not even sure. I finally found where it was moved to, in the general discussion for a phone I don't even have! I found that link via Google and paid no attention to what it was under - only that it dealt with the problem I had with the "Emergency Call" (please don't take me mentioning this HERE as a reason to move this post!)

I wasn't aware there was a limit imposed by you. Maybe you should put that in the FAQ. The way you treated me right from the start gave me a bad impression of this board as a whole, and that's a shame.
JSanders didn't do anything wrong. He wasn't picking on you, or singling you out, or punishing you in any way.
He's a moderator, and a damn good one. Their job is to keep the forum in order, and make it easier for everyone to navigate and find the information they're looking for.
You're obviously quite new to the online forum world, and may not be entirely familiar with how things work.
Bottom line... you're the one making a big deal over this for no reason at all.

After your little tirade, many users went out of their way to try to welcome you to the group, and explain what happened with your posts.
If you still have a problem with JSanders after all of this nonsense... then my suggestion to you is to simply ignore him and don't give it another thought.
You're taking this far too personally and there's no need to.

It's obvious that JSanders doesn't have a problem with you and certainly didn't intend to make you feel unwelcome. If you can't see that now, then that's the real shame here.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:59 AM   #14
Dallastt
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadTheFrog View Post
Hi,

I created a post in the new members section to introduce myself and talk a bit about my blackberry. Apparently, I said "too much" in the post or something I shouldn't have because it got moved someplace... I don't know where. I'm a new user trying to figure out this forum.

Anyway, I'll be requesting the removal of my user account. I was hoping to discuss stuff here, but I guess I just created problems. I'm sure a mod will delete this post as well so we can cover up the untidyness I have caused.

Quote: Originally Posted by ChadTheFrog Quote: Originally Posted by JSanders
Hey, I merged the threads back to the original, yea it may not make much sense at times.

Just create a new New Member thread, please. No big deal.

Are you kidding me? What did I say that wasn't supposed to be posted in the post? It was my 2nd post and "about me"!

No, not kidding. Look at the rest of the New Member threads--short sweet and to the point, saying HI, etc. Dawg was right, it keeps the forum cleaner. He's a good guy, he's not harassing you.
Call the Whaaaablance
Old 07-12-2007, 08:04 AM   #15
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Oh get over it already geez. I cant believe you are still whinning about this.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:15 AM   #16
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

PIN: t low

Chad, this is not about you, it was about where you placed a duplicate post. You have not been victimized, please don't treat it as such. We all learn, I certainly do everyday here.

Again, you are welcome here. I apologize for the appearance I gave that made you feel unwelcome. I believe I have explained that.
I took credit for moving your post, because I don't want you to think the entire board is comprised of meanies like me. I told you from the beginning where I moved your post--to the thread of where you had previously posted the same topic. And it has been explained to you that your account cannot be deleted. I don't understand why you haven't even read those responses from others explaining that.

I don't mind explaining my actions--I have quite enough experience doing so with my wife--but I am through doing it now. Please, if you are feverish or made at me, put me on ignore, enjoy your time here and learn what you may.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:29 AM   #17
swerveit
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800

I ran over a frog once, was pretty upset not as much as the frog, but I was upset.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:37 AM   #18
John Clark
BBF Moderator

PIN: s & needles

You weren't victimized. You weren't picked on. Just forget about it and enjoy the forums.

*Thread Closed*
Old 07-12-2007, 12:41 PM   #19
paulbblc
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: ip 3g
PIN: 8675309

I haven't had the final word in a thread in awhile so...

It sounds as if this was a giant misunderstanding. Chad, as many have mentioned you need to have thick skin around here. Also please don't take what happened personally, trust us, it happens all the time. Isn't the first time this has happened and if you continue posting, which I hope you do, it probably won't be the last it happens to you.

You have no idea how many of my posts got moved or removed.

Let's just put this aside and please enjoy the forums.
Closed Thread