Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 09:37 PM   #1
brownkc
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Carrier: ATT
Default Trouble w/ Apps: BB Appstore, Pandora, Iheartmusic & Urbanspoon

Please Login to Remove!

I just got the new Bold 9700 from AT&T and started downloading some apps. Some of the apps work others seem to just sit and churn. Blackberry AppStore, Pandora and Iheartmusic seem to get stuck in a holding pattern. Blackberry appstore just lingers in the downloading state when I select Categories and the other 2 apps seems to continuously try to connect. Urbanspoon gives me a message it can't make a data connection. Is there a setting I am missing?

Googlemaps, Viigo and Weathereye all started without a hitch and are still running.

I previously used an 8310 and found it was a little slow for streaming music and some apps didn't seem to play nice. I thought the difficult apps may have been locked out by an admin (BES Account) but I am currently not connected to my BES and won't be until tomorrow. I figured this would be a good time to make sure they weren't locking out features needed by some apps. Now, I am wondering if it may be another issue.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:11 PM   #2
jid

Model: 9000
Carrier: tmobile USA

I loaded up the appstore and then it 'migrated' me when i logged in. I was able to get my paid apps w/o issue. a bummer that some of the old BOLD apps don't yet work on the 9700.... but oh well.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:06 AM   #3
brownkc

Quick Update.

Must have been a data issue on RIM's end. Despite giving it Wifi and 3G access last night, I guess it just couldn't sych with the programs. I was able to download everything just not connect. This morning everything is running beautifully. I guess it just needed a good night of sleep before it was ready to come out and play. Now, I will just cross my fingers that when the admins set me up on the BES it doesn't block any of the programs.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:16 PM   #4
brownkc

Last Update.

The Blackberry App World categories, Pandora, Urbanspoon and Iheartmusic programs all apparently require the 3G connection to work. I went home last night and when wifi was activated they would not work. Once I shut wifi off they worked. Mind you this is straight wifi, not UMA, since I am on AT&T. It makes me wonder how many programs this affects.

I spoke with a friend that has an Iphone. He has no problem running the apps on wifi.
Closed Thread