BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 08:32 AM   #1
Mr. Crimson

Default Voice Dialing/Bluetooth Observations from a new 7100T Newbie

Please Login to Remove!

I'm pretty new to the community, and came from the world of regular cellular phone (Nokia 3650) to 7100T Blackberry phone.

So far I'm very pleased with it but for two issues which are almost killers for me:

1) Voice Dialing - I do a lot of calling while I'm waiting in traffic, ( A common issue to be sure), but to have to scroll through the extensive list of addresses is prohibitive in traffic at best. I understand there is some speed dialing functionality, but I'd rather not have to fumble for a key and just hit a button on my headset and say the name/phrase I taught the phone for dialing that number. Does anyone have a suggestion for getting a solution for voice dialing, or at least give me some hope for the future of getting it on this phone?

2) Bluetooth - The only reason I got this phone was because I could use my wireless headset with it. I occasionally, in the past, used my phone as a GPRS connection to the web for my PDA (HP 5455), and although the future use of this phone for me does not hinge on whether it can do this, it would be nice to have that functionality, even if it is a 3rd party application. As well as that, I'd say the next logical thing for connectivity to Bluetooth would be a keyboard.

From what I've read so far, the 4.0 OS version may help in some of these issues. Does anyone have suggestions on how long I'll have to wait? (Not that I'm impatient.) heh

Thanks for your time-

Crim
Old 10-05-2004, 09:05 AM   #2
JesseRPI
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
Carrier: Sprint

I wouldn't hold your breath ;)
Old 10-05-2004, 03:29 PM   #3
bollar
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8800
Carrier: Several

Actually, the 2nd point might already be enabled. You may notice that you have a new generic modem installed after installing the desktop software. If you query that modem while the BB is attached and the desktop redirector is on, it will identify itself as a BB modem.

Now, all you have to do is figure out how to use it!
Closed Thread