BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 06:16 AM   #141
mikeruoc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Location: South FL
Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

I am testing now. Are you deleting or Archiving? I archived an email and it has been 10 minutes so far and it is still on the BB

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOVE View Post
Update: seems like they are working on something...

Still using IMAP only on gmail.

Now when I delete from gmail server, outlook or gmail app, email deletes from blackberry within 5 minutes.

I know its not instant but it is a step up from 3 to 16 hours that it was originally taking.

Anyone else find these results?
Offline
Old 11-28-2007, 06:23 AM   #142
BFEINZIMER
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

BFEINZIMER's Avatar

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Hmm the sent mail has been working for me, though when brought up and replied to from the BB it comes up separate in gmail (non-threaded??)
Offline
Old 11-28-2007, 07:29 AM   #143
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

whsbuss's Avatar

Location: SE PA.
Model: 9800
OS: 4.6.0.304
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOVE View Post
Update: seems like they are working on something...

Still using IMAP only on gmail.

Now when I delete from gmail server, outlook or gmail app, email deletes from blackberry within 5 minutes.

I know its not instant but it is a step up from 3 to 16 hours that it was originally taking.

Anyone else find these results?
But using IMAP does not deliver to the BB in push fashion, right?
Offline
Old 11-28-2007, 07:33 AM   #144
Jaime
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Location: Chile
Model: 8310
Carrier: Claro Chile

How do I make BIS use IMAP instead of POP?

Best,
Jaime
__________________
BB 8310
Offline
Old 11-28-2007, 08:35 AM   #145
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

whsbuss's Avatar

Location: SE PA.
Model: 9800
OS: 4.6.0.304
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
How do I make BIS use IMAP instead of POP?

Best,
Jaime
Listed on the 1st page of this thread.

https://mail.google.com/support/bin/...82&topic=12761
Offline
Old 11-28-2007, 08:42 AM   #146
Jaime
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Location: Chile
Model: 8310
Carrier: Claro Chile

Do I need to set up the sent email filter when I use IMAP?

Best,
Jaime
__________________
BB 8310
Offline
Old 11-28-2007, 10:50 AM   #147
mikeruoc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Location: South FL
Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

My stuff does delete from the BB now. It is taking about an hour which is better than before. But the incoming is delayed anywhere from 2 or 3 minutes to 30 minutes. I hope that changes but it is nice not to have to clean the BB all the time!

Old 11-28-2007, 01:29 PM   #148
JOVE
Knows Where the Search Button Is

JOVE's Avatar

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint

To answer some questions...

Yes, I am archiving from gmail and it deletes from BB.
No, IMAP is still not pushing emails to phone, takes anywhere from 1 - 15 minutes.
Sent messages from BB still do not show up in sent folder on gmail server unless you do some tweaking as described earlier.
__________________
Ryan Mills
The M & M Team
Prudential California Realty
(818) 917-7782
www.TheMMTeam.com
Offline
Old 11-28-2007, 01:36 PM   #149
mikeruoc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Location: South FL
Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

Yeah it is working for me now also but it is taking about an hour for the email to delete from the BB and it has taken up to 30 mins for a new email to show up. Seems better but I switched back. I want my email quick.

Old 11-29-2007, 08:44 PM   #150
Maximus_Prime
Thumbs Must Hurt

Maximus_Prime's Avatar

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT & T

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin3107 View Post
Yes, it does.
It's been working for several months now.
Deletes from BB reflect almost instantly in GMail... however deletes from GMail take hours to reconcile back to the device. It will eventually reconcile though.

This has been discussed and confirmed here in numerous threads.

My gmail doesn't have 2-way sync.
I did a test on it.
I sent 2 emails to my gmail acct,
I read 1 on BB, the other one on Pc. They still count as new messages on each other. ( on BB I still have the 2nd as unread, and the same thing on pc, the 1st one is still unread)

Could you tell me how to make them sync?

( currently my gmail setup is Enable POP and Disable IMAP)

Thanks
Offline
Old 11-29-2007, 08:49 PM   #151
AnthroMatt
CrackBerry Addict

AnthroMatt's Avatar

Location: Mesa, AZ
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0
PIN: 268B3F92
Carrier: at&t

I have never had deletes from GMail reconcile to the BB when using POP. I just witched to IMAP last night and now there is 2 way sync, but the messages are no longer coming instantly to my BB (as others using IMAP have already reported). That's not a big deal to me, as I don't need instant push when I am at my computer (in fact if I delete the message from my IMAP client soon enough it never even ends up on my BB, which is nice), and when I am away from my computer I don't really care that it might be taking 5-15 minutes to get an email.
__________________
GO GATORS!
Offline
Old 11-30-2007, 08:00 AM   #152
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

whsbuss's Avatar

Location: SE PA.
Model: 9800
OS: 4.6.0.304
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthroMatt View Post
I have never had deletes from GMail reconcile to the BB when using POP. I just witched to IMAP last night and now there is 2 way sync, but the messages are no longer coming instantly to my BB (as others using IMAP have already reported). That's not a big deal to me, as I don't need instant push when I am at my computer (in fact if I delete the message from my IMAP client soon enough it never even ends up on my BB, which is nice), and when I am away from my computer I don't really care that it might be taking 5-15 minutes to get an email.
Until RIM support IMAP-IDLE (like they did a few months ago for a brief time) you will not get instant delivery. When you setup an account in the BIS it first tries IMAP @port 143. If not available, then POP @port 110. Both are polled service.
Offline
Old 11-30-2007, 08:47 AM   #153
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

whsbuss's Avatar

Location: SE PA.
Model: 9800
OS: 4.6.0.304
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus_Prime View Post
My gmail doesn't have 2-way sync.
I did a test on it.
I sent 2 emails to my gmail acct,
I read 1 on BB, the other one on Pc. They still count as new messages on each other. ( on BB I still have the 2nd as unread, and the same thing on pc, the 1st one is still unread)

Could you tell me how to make them sync?

( currently my gmail setup is Enable POP and Disable IMAP)

Thanks
Your setup indicates you're using the standard POP gmail setup - instant delivery to your BB and 1-way sync BB -> gmail. What we're sharing here is BIS setup for IMAP on gmail.
Offline
Old 11-30-2007, 05:42 PM   #154
mrhumble1
New Member

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default GMail Sent Message Setup

Greetings,

Would someone please detail how to set up BCC on the Blackberry so my sent messages show up the my Sent Items folder on Gmail?

Thank you,

Jason
Offline
Old 11-30-2007, 05:55 PM   #155
rivviepop
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

rivviepop's Avatar

Location: san francisco
Model: 8320
PIN: n/a
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhumble1 View Post
Would someone please detail how to set up BCC on the Blackberry so my sent messages show up the my Sent Items folder on Gmail?
Offtopic for this thread, but it's dead simple: log into my.t-mobile.com on your desktop browser. Click on the nav bar item at the top labeled "Phone & Accessories", then click on the nav bar on the right labeled "Set up BlackBerry Internet E-mail". Click on the little 'edit' icon to the right of your desired account, and you'll see an "Auto BCC:" field - stick your own email address in there, they'll be BCC'd back and Google will put them in your Sent folder.
__________________
[ Linux & BlackBerry ] http://www.blackberryforums.com/linux-users-corner/
Offline
Old 11-30-2007, 07:15 PM   #156
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

whsbuss's Avatar

Location: SE PA.
Model: 9800
OS: 4.6.0.304
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivviepop View Post
Offtopic for this thread, but it's dead simple: log into my.t-mobile.com on your desktop browser. Click on the nav bar item at the top labeled "Phone & Accessories", then click on the nav bar on the right labeled "Set up BlackBerry Internet E-mail". Click on the little 'edit' icon to the right of your desired account, and you'll see an "Auto BCC:" field - stick your own email address in there, they'll be BCC'd back and Google will put them in your Sent folder.
Maybe its different on T-Mo but on my VZW BIS when I put my address in the Bcc: it places the copy both in the inbox and sent mail.
Offline
Old 11-30-2007, 07:17 PM   #157
AnthroMatt
CrackBerry Addict

AnthroMatt's Avatar

Location: Mesa, AZ
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0
PIN: 268B3F92
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsbuss View Post
Maybe its different on T-Mo but on my VZW BIS when I put my address in the Bcc: it places the copy both in the inbox and sent mail.
Same with Sprint.
__________________
GO GATORS!
Offline
Old 11-30-2007, 10:27 PM   #158
rivviepop
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

rivviepop's Avatar

Location: san francisco
Model: 8320
PIN: n/a
Carrier: t-mobile

The poster lists T-Mobile as his carrier, which I have - the solution works in my setup. Verizon and Sprint issues don't apply, and let's stop threadcrapping - this is about GMail and IMAP, I really shouldn't have replied in the first place.
__________________
Old 11-30-2007, 11:30 PM   #159
mrhumble1
New Member

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Actually...

I appreciate your reply. I think this is on topic because I am trying to make Gmail accessible on my phone via IMAP.

I did try your suggestion already, and I got the BCC in my inbox. Since I don't want all of my sent messages from my phone in my inbox, I removed the setting.

Everything else works fairly well. I get emails on my phone pretty quickly, and after reading them on my phone they are marked as read on Gmail. It still doesn't work the other way around (read mails on Gmail are NOT marked on my phone) but I'm gonna be patient and hope they fix that. However, I really would like my sent items archived on Gmail.

Any other ideas?

Jason
Offline
Old 12-01-2007, 12:29 PM   #160
rivviepop
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

rivviepop's Avatar

Location: san francisco
Model: 8320
PIN: n/a
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhumble1 View Post
Any other ideas?
Let's compare headers from an email - here is one I sent from my device yesterday to a support team, it properly BCC'd to my GMail and went into Sent Items as expected. I do not have any filters in GMail to do this (just double-checked), and I use a Hosted domain which I assume is still POP since I didn't try IMAP with it yet (from reports on this thread I'm holding back, waiting).

(some items masked/altered for my privacy)

Code:
To: support@somecompany.com
Subject: super spiffy email subject to support
From: me@mydomain.com
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 18:19:33 +0000
So you see the BIS server sending a copy to the GMail server (the Received: line) and nothing else, so it was a direct point A to point B email from RIM to GMail. I see no special headers (like an X-google-rim-sent-blahblahblah header) that would designate a relationship between RIM and Google for using the Sent Items folder, so the magic has to be happening at the Google end of things - they "just know" it's Sent and file it accordingly. Also, the recipient (support@) is in my GMail address book already, maybe that's also a factor?

I know that if I send an email from one of my alternate addresses (so the from is not [email address] but [email address]) then the message is *not* placed in my Sent Items, it's put in the Inbox and re-delivered back down to my handheld. I would consider this an "as expected" scenario.