Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 04:52 PM   #1
vinbao

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Smile how the fee is calculated if I use MSN messenger on my Blackberry

Please Login to Remove!

Hi I am new to Blackberry and I just got a curve 8310...I do not have the $30 data plan yet but I am considering to get one later on...I really do not use the internet on my BB that much so one of the main reasons I want the data plan is I want to chat with my friends on my BB...

I am pretty confused how the fee is calculated if I chat on my BB. Looks like I need to go to a Blackberry website to download a Live Messenger so I can start chatting but I would like to know if the exchange of messages will be charged as text messege or data exchange?

If it will be charged as data it will be surely covered by the unlimited data plan but I do not want to be surprised by the bill with a huge amount of $$$ on text messages because I do not have the unlimited text message plan...

By the way, do I HAVE TO have a data plan to be able to use Live Messenger?

Thanks!!
Old 12-31-2007, 05:35 PM   #2
nicky88xx
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
PIN: ask me
Carrier: vrizon

yes you have to have a data plan to use any data connections. i would strongly reccomend it. also i would look inot beejive.com and check out that app. i have it on my blackberry its called jive talk. its one time fee 20 bucks and you can try it for free for 30 days. but deffinatly get the data plan first. jive talk is the best im client in my opinion. and im sure others will agree
Old 12-31-2007, 05:44 PM   #3
vinbao

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks!
I think the BB is useless if I do not have the data plan... but if I use the Live Messenger on my BB, there will be no cost for text messages, right?
Closed Thread