Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 03:56 PM   #1
tboxranger

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Etisalat
Question Etisalat issues

Please Login to Remove!

I was a very satisfied Etisalat customer with my BlackBerry 8900 Curve when I set up the prepaid service and unlimited International BIS in Feb 09. On June 8 I had to transfer my line to my company, ADCO, for a post paid line keeping the same phone number. That is when the real fun started. My unlimited International BIS was downgraded to domestic service and it was not restarted correctly. Over a 2 week period of time I must have made 30 phone calls to the service center and had 10 face 2 face events with the smart lads at the Abu Dhabi Mall office. Only by accident did I finally connect with someone who knew something and was able to turn on my BIS service. All was back working until I got onto a flight to the US via Heathrow on 3 July. Upon landing in the UK I wanted to make a few phone calls and could not connect to a carrier, sms or email. Bummer. The same is true in the US now. I have emailed Etisalat about the issue and all I get is instructions to take my SIM card out and place it into another phone and try it. Well dummy....my US phones are locked and the Etisalat SIM card won't work.

I am wondering if there is something Etisalat has not done when my line was transfered to allow roaming and the BIS when I am out of the UAE? Has anyone out there suffered through this issue before and what is the solution?

cheers,
Chris Smart
Old 07-12-2009, 11:13 PM   #2
RPeppekus
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
PIN: 243E67BC
Carrier: Etisalat

Hi,

The response might be a bit late but:

Etisalat being on postpaid does not automatically allows you to roam. That would be too easy. you have to give them a security deposit of 2000 Dirhams and it takes 1 or 2 days (inshallah) until roaming is really activated...

Hope that helps.
Ralf
Closed Thread