BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 04:54 PM   #1
jbooras

Question Nextel BB 7520 Verichat and webmessenger help

Please Login to Remove!

Hello all..... Glad to be a part of the club.....

I just hope I can resolve these issues so I can enjoy my BB.

I got my new toy last night after transferring service from my I860. The main purpose I will be using the BB for besides email is AIM.

But after realizing that I am paying a higher rate for almost the same service I had and getting less I was not to thrilled to say the leaset. But error on my part for not doing the usual research before jumoping right in.

So I went about trying to find alternate solutions to accomplish what I need. After reading a lot and trying Verichat and webmessenger with no success I found a link that stated it might take up to 2 days for your emaul and web to set up when using Nextel.

Well when I got up this morning Verichat was working or so I thought. I was sending messaged With AIM and getting nothing back. I am able to see my buddies are online and send a message but when they write back they get a message Im not online. Also I noticed when I did get a message (and its the only one I have gotten) it went offline and would not connect again but I was still able to send messages to my buddies.

When trying Webmessenger I dont even get that far it just says server not found.
I already updated to 4.0 and still no dice......

Also I tried to install reqwireless and when I type in a web address it just comes back as invalid IP address....

Sorry for the book for the first post But I hope you all can help me out... any advice would be great.

Jason
Old 04-01-2005, 12:17 AM   #2
killasphynx

Model: 7520

Well, welcome. I just switched last week from the i830.
It took me all of 24 hours to get setup. the first night, i got my cell phone service switched over and added the unlimited email/web plan.
The next day i realized that i couldn't create a webclient account (it kept telling me "invalid IMEI or PIN" or somethign like that) and called them up right away.
Sometimes my wireless get's turned off. do you have yours on? can you make phone calls and such?
if you can, then i'd just call tech support and have them straighten you out cuz maybe your internet access isn't activated or whatever. They told me I had to call them to activate the phone and services.

Can you send emails or PIN messages? you have to have the webclient setup for that unless your using BES.
our (nextel people) webclient can be found at https://webclient.blackberry.net/Web...sp?site=nextel

My PIN number is 4007DCF4. You can try sending me a PIN message if you want.
Go to Compose-> [use once], and press the scrollwheel. go to PIN... and press the scroll wheel. enter my PIN in there and press the scrollwheel, click continue and then you compose it like a normal email. press the scrollwheel and click send.

I just got all this configured myself so it's pretty fresh in my mind still.
If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

I found myself wondering how i got along without this thing after carrying around a phone and palm T3 for a long time now.

Disappointed that There is no built in word or excel editor though. I can view attachments, but can't edit them I'll have to fork over the money to dynoplex because it looks like they are the only game in town right now for that sort of thing.
Verichat's yearly fee is kinda sad, but you do get free upgrades as long as you have a license. Kinda like trillian pro, which i used for a while because i can't stand running four different chat clients to talk to everyone.

nextel is more expensive, but i had so much added on to the plan before my BB, that my plan is actually cheaper now...how sad.

anyways, keep us updated and welcome!

Last edited by killasphynx; 04-01-2005 at 12:38 AM..
Closed Thread