Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 06:27 PM   #1
rbagwell

Model: 8100
PIN: 20560BC5
Carrier: telcel
Default VERY new and SS ( Super Stupid)

Please Login to Remove!

I bought my Pearl about a week ago from Telcel. Phone part works well.

I tried to set up an email account for several days with no success. I asked my granddaughter to help and left the phone with her for a while. She set it and left.

So now I get MANY messages . My gmail address she used is my mail computer address. I would like to cancel that account and use another one I just set up for receiving messages.

The problem is I DON"T KNOW my user ID ! I asked and received my password via the lost password route.

How do I get my user ID ? Each time I attempt to create a new account I am informed that "That PIN already has an account."

THANKS SO MUCH (in advance)
Old 02-20-2007, 06:31 PM   #2
JBaughb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: at&t

call your service provider. they should have a blackberry support team that can tell you what your username is and reset your password for you.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:33 PM   #3
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

Yup, call Telcel..... Sounds like some kind of conflict....

You bought this *new* correct????

No need to say you are new and stupid.... We ALL started using the BB at some point in time....
Old 02-20-2007, 07:05 PM   #4
rbagwell

Yes, I bought it new - and the Telcel office is a block away BUT "Diego" who is supposed to know stuff has 2 hours worth of a line to see him.

I did see a post here go to Options>advanced>service book and did delete the gmail account !! ( Thanks much ) And I did have to pull the battery. But I still am unable to get past the "this PIN already has an account"
Old 02-20-2007, 07:09 PM   #5
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

I am not familiar with TelCel.... Do they have an online BIS account you can access?
Old 02-20-2007, 08:32 PM   #6
rbagwell

Looks like my "reply" was not posted - maybe I hit a wrong key.

Yes, if you go to h**ps://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=telcel

You get a page for logging in but I am unable to do so because all efforts bring me back to the same place - I MUST have an ID. Trying to create an account - simply offers the news that one already exists.

Just spent about 30 minutes on the phone with support at Telcel - nothing they have said worked so far. The simple request for them to supply me with MY ID -( I have the password ) get a long instruction list - none of which works.

I guess I will have to spend the day standing in a line. Oh well
Old 02-20-2007, 08:46 PM   #7
acv
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 2054EB76
Carrier: Telcel

can you call your grand daughter and ask her which user ID she gave you? I'm on telcel too, and personally know what customer service is like. there's a dedicated number like the *111 for blackberry users, let me see if I can find it, or did you already try taht route?

By the way, it is nice to see another Mexican around, I was feeling loney, averybody knows everything about cingular, tmobile and such. maybe is time we share about telcel.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:55 PM   #8
rbagwell

I was told by Telcel to go here: h**p://w*w.datumtelcel.com/default.html and then to "Create Account" - haven't found that option yet.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:07 PM   #9
rbagwell

Hi ACV,

Yes, I asked her and she doesn't know. I did spend several hours trying and I suppose it is possible that I created an account without knowing it. The password is a common one that I often use - but I tried every ID I can think of without success. Options>Advanced>Service Book does offer several IDs - none help with this problem.
( join me waiting in line to see "Diego" who is the Blackberry expert at Telcel Guadalajara - they say- bring a sandwich)
Old 02-20-2007, 09:14 PM   #10
raa0425
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: t-mobile

Have you tried this page:

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=telcel
Old 02-20-2007, 09:52 PM   #11
acv
Thumbs Must Hurt

Sorry to hear rbagwell, I hate waiting in line at any Telcel CAC, apparently it seems like they always giving away someething, the service books won't show your username nor password for BIS, I'll see if I can do anything for you over the phone, I'm in Hermosillo so can't bring you the sandwich sorry.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:21 AM   #12
rbagwell

Yes , raa0425, I tried h**ps://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=telcel but it , too, asks for an ID to log in. I did use that site to recover the password .
Old 02-21-2007, 10:32 AM   #13
rbagwell

I did go to Options>Advanced>Service Book and did remove the gmail icon but the messages are still coming in as usual.

I am getting real good at using the keypad to delete messages.

(acv : too bad you can't bring me a sandwich. I can walk to Telcel and check the line in 5 minutes - but I have the parking lot attendant set up to call me if the line gets down to an hour or less)
Old 02-21-2007, 10:43 AM   #14
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Your username on the account "should" be the name at the front of the "@" symbol in your [email address] account. Go to Options > Advanced > Service Book, and see if you have ANY service book left in there with an "@" sign in the middle. If you do, then that is why you are still receiving emails, she may have forwarded the e-mail to your blackberry address.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:28 PM   #15
rbagwell

I did go to Options>Advanced>Service Book and did remove the gmail icon but the messages are still coming in as usual.

I am getting real good at using the keypad to delete messages.

(acv : too bad you can't bring me a sandwich. I can walk to Telcel and check the line in 5 minutes - but I have the parking lot attendant set up to call me if the line gets down to an hour or less)
Old 02-21-2007, 05:31 PM   #16
rbagwell

Thanks - but I have not 1 @ under "Service Book". I deleted the gmail account that was present that did have an @ . But that entry was my compete gmail address - and that "username" is NOT the ID needed.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:02 PM   #17
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

And you should reboot (pull the battery, etc) the device, and you are still getting messages into the unit. Then at the top of one of those messages, (with message open, scroll up) what does it say adjacent to RECEIVED USING?

That will tell you what message service remains on the phone.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:49 PM   #18
indramilo
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 2053A30B

I'm with Telcel too and the help at *111 Sucks big time!, that's why I prefer to read, i think the problem with your pearl is when the account was created, if you think I can help you, please don't hesitate to contact me, via email, or PM, I'll subscribe to this thread to read all about this issue
Old 02-22-2007, 12:21 AM   #19
rbagwell

All fixed ! I caught Diego before he entered the building - he took care of me in minutes. ( Real nice guy, too - and does HE know his Blackberry !! I'm not at all sure what he did to get my "username" but he did have to call someone in Mexico - and he needed only the cell phone number - who knows what he may have been doing with his computer- but WHO CARES ! It's working like a champ!
Old 02-22-2007, 08:07 AM   #20
acv
Thumbs Must Hurt

too bad he didin't gave up the secret, altough I'm using a very common username and password in mine. great to hear you can set your BB again. I was getting ready to make some sandwichs, still a little sad for that Chivas Tied, o well good times.
Closed Thread