BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 10:24 AM   #21
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

To each his own. Use what works. I have a BB Bold. Sure I like, but would I like to be more iphone like, absolutely. I still have my old Edge iphone that I use for an ipod and a bedside internet browser. I installed some apps and I become more jealous of it everyday. Some of the apps simply blow away what is offered on the BB. Unless RIM gets on ball soon with applications, its going to be tougher and tougher to stay true to BB.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:52 AM   #22
Shaun
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: at&t

Just a friendly warning, this thread will continue as long as the lively discussion doesn't get out of hand and the name calling is kept to a minimum. Whether or not you like the OP's tone is fine, please stick to the topic.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:00 AM   #23
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

The reasons why one phone is better than another is strictly up to the reasons someone picks a phone in the first place.

I, for one, am not 'into' all the entertainment features that an iPhone has, and I don't care for the touch devices (I had an iPhone for about a month, so do have experience).

The features that the BlackBerry offers me are good enough for me. So therefore, I could also say 'My BlackBerry is better than your iPhone', and still be right.

It's all in the eye of the beholder.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:38 AM   #24
gqstatus05
No longer Registered.

Model: 9500
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T iPhone 3G User

Lol. Don't worry I'll be lurking around the forum when you guys need help with your Blackberry issues. I can literally go into a Pearl and Curve and close my eyes and click on a thread that points to a reload of the handheld software.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:02 PM   #25
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqstatus05 View Post
Lol. Don't worry I'll be lurking around the forum when you guys need help with your Blackberry issues. I can literally go into a Pearl and Curve and close my eyes and click on a thread that points to a reload of the handheld software.
??
I had 4 BBs. Have never had to reload the software.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:01 PM   #26
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

gqstatus, I'm going to kindly request that you go boff yourself.

I've got several problems with you, and you're screwing things up for the rest of us iPhone users that also use BlackBerry.

One, the comment in your signature is about as racist and prejudiced as one can be. Two, you seem to be quite the narcissist, and no one likes a narcissist except themselves. Three, based on the blurry MySpace-esque picture in your avatar, you're nowhere close to GQ Status, so please stop faking the funk. Finally, no one here wants or needs help from a know-it-all maricon like you.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:53 PM   #27
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc/dc View Post

I've got several problems with you, and you're screwing things up for the rest of us iPhone users that also use BlackBerry.

One, the comment in your signature is about as racist and prejudiced as one can be. Two, you seem to be quite the narcissist, and no one likes a narcissist except themselves. Three, based on the blurry MySpace-esque picture in your avatar, you're nowhere close to GQ Status, so please stop faking the funk. Finally, no one here wants or needs help from a know-it-all maricon like you.
x100
Old 02-08-2009, 04:49 PM   #28
mriff
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: iPhon
PIN: High
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:

Thank you dc. I was looking for the words. Now I don't have to.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:44 PM   #29
gqstatus05
No longer Registered.

Model: 9500
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T iPhone 3G User

Hey DC do you need a band-aid for your boo boo? Did I get to you or something? Does it hurt to know the truth?

Comprastes esa porqueria y ahora tienes que cagarse y saltar en la caca que se llama blackberry.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:03 PM   #30
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

gqstatus05, watch the language -- again. Whether it's in English or not, you are over the line.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:05 PM   #31
Berry One
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8220
Carrier: WiFi hotspot

Quote:
Lol. Don't worry I'll be lurking around the forum when you guys need help with your Blackberry issues.

Anway my iPhone is supreme and by the way if you guys are looking into one let me know. I happen to be an expert on this as well.
Apple products have very strange impact on some of their users.

Just tell me, why would we need an expert like you if we want to buy an iPhone. Should not it be superior and child's play?
Old 02-08-2009, 06:39 PM   #32
mriff
BlackBerry Mensa

Old 02-08-2009, 08:45 PM   #33
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mriff View Post
Old 02-09-2009, 09:31 PM   #34
Chevyguy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Apple
PIN: Jailbroken

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
To each his own. Use what works. I have a BB Bold. Sure I like, but would I like to be more iphone like, absolutely. I still have my old Edge iphone that I use for an ipod and a bedside internet browser. I installed some apps and I become more jealous of it everyday. Some of the apps simply blow away what is offered on the BB. Unless RIM gets on ball soon with applications, its going to be tougher and tougher to stay true to BB.
I was totally against the iPhone for the longest time!! I just recently made the switch to an iPhone 3G after one and a half years of being an avid BB user. I loved my BB Curve and Bold and told and showed all of my friends its capabilities. I didn't know what i was missing....After jailbreaking my iPhone, it is limitless with its capabilities ,apps,tools, software, entertainment, messaging, etc, etc. I had my blackberry stolen and had no options to track it, i now have various software installed on my i to track it, tested it , AWESOME !!! I will never underestimate another device again until i try it ! Not saying "my phone is better than yours", to each his/her own, but i am more than happy i made the switch and gave the iPhone a chance.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:10 AM   #35
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyguy View Post
I will never underestimate another device again until i try it !
That is the difference between an open minded person and a "fan boy". Congratulations, you are the former.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:58 PM   #36
Serkle K

Model: 9800
PIN: ... --- ...

Quote:
Anyway I just want to brag and tell you guys how awesome my iPhone is (Once you jailbreak it)
Quote:
All I'm saying is that BB needs to come out with a solid software package and correct all the problems it has with it's current models.
Am I the only one that laughed at this?? I mean natively MyPhone is better then that iPhone...Why is it that I only read about how much better the iPhone is AFTER you jailbreak it?? the last time I checked I bought a phone/device because of how it works out of the box, not because I wanted to change things on it to work how I need it to...

BTW, please do me a favor with your iPhone... take a picture in a low lit area, I want to see how well the flash works on the camera! and then send it to me in an MMS, please... Thanx!
Old 02-10-2009, 02:56 PM   #37
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

Serkle - you do realize that the guy has been kicked out of BBF right? he cannot answer you. and everyone has different tastes in their devices.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:24 PM   #38
mriff
BlackBerry Mensa

I couldn't tell. It usually says 'no longer registered'.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:28 PM   #39
CO_BBTechie
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310

Quote:
... and you're screwing things up for the rest of us iPhone users that also use BlackBerry.
Just what I was thinking.

How to recognize humility; When a person has both an iPhone and a BlackBerry, and is happy to help others with either, but brags about neither.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:40 PM   #40
Serkle K

Model: 9800
PIN: ... --- ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by test54 View Post
Serkle - you do realize that the guy has been kicked out of BBF right? he cannot answer you. and everyone has different tastes in their devices.
Sry, I didn't see that... actually I see "My thumbs hurt" under his name

it was more of a redundant question... as we all know the iPhone doesnt send MMS to cell phones, and it doesnt have a flash.

Last edited by Serkle K; 02-10-2009 at 03:43 PM..
Closed Thread