Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 05:37 PM   #1
frmkt

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-MOBILE
Default Bb Bold Killer On The Way?

Please Login to Remove!

I've been "begging" for a new & improved Bold 9000 form factor and went as far as sending suggestions along with many others to "bbsuggestions..."
and it almost seems that RIM forwarded the mssgs to Motorola. They're coming out with a Droid Pro that appears to have very similar dimensions of the 9000 with a 3.1 Touch Screen - DANG! Oh well, I'll be reading the reviews for the device, hands on at the store and might just dive in for shitz & giggles. Motorola is testing real demand from the business user sector and if it flies, I think they'll definitely improve it to a class A device. Sorry RIM: you didn't listen to your fan base and your new theme song just might be "another one bites the dust!"
Old 10-11-2010, 06:08 PM   #2
hrbuckley
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: LEZ10
Carrier: Rogers CA

Looks like a nice device, but it is an Android device. Having developed for, and managed both Blackberry and Android devices for enterprise use I don't see it having that much of an impact on Blackberry. It does nicely take care of the complaints I've had about Android devices up til now though.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:09 PM   #3
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

Personally I think the Droid Pro looks like arse. As far as Android smartphones go I think the original Droid/Droid 2 is about ideal in size and form factor. I have a Samsung Epic 4G and I find the 4" screen very drool-worthy but it makes the overall device just a bit too big. For me, slap the BlackBerry OS onto a Droid and I'd be in heaven.

The Droid Pro is a BlackBerry-styled device following the old Treo model of marrying a touch screen to a full QWERTY keyboard. Interesting idea, but for my money they sacrificed all style for all functionality. These days you need both.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:19 PM   #4
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

Rim does not read this forum for suggestions. If one phone was a do all like you seem to want then this and other sites would not exist.
business security and other business needs are the first consideration Rim has. It is also the biggest use. Consumer devices are second thought.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:14 PM   #5
Xion901
No longer Registered.

Model: XXXXi
Carrier: A Good One

Looks ok but not a RIM killer
Old 10-12-2010, 09:42 AM   #6
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370

All this talk of a "BlackBerry Killer" or "iPhone Killer" is an invention of the blogosphere, desperate to stir up some controversy and boost readership. The fact is the smartphone market is so huge and so far from saturation that it will be a DECADE or more before anyone has to worry about a "killer" product. There's plenty of room for iOS, BlackBerry, Android, and a few more.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:30 AM   #7
Rhyalus
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
PIN: N/A

I agree - the market is plenty segmented for each of these phones to have a target.

They have not addressed my needs though, yet. The Android phones are terrific with their 80211n wifi and 8 MP cameras, but I need full international coverage...

I wish Blackberry would beef up the hardware!

R
Closed Thread