Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 11:43 AM   #1
geek_riot
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Wirelessly posted

I purchased a refurbed 9700 from att premier. When I got it, I popped my sim in and to my surprise the web browsing worked even though I had an iphone plan. The email didn't work so I called att to add bis personal to my account. After they did I still wasn't able to register the bb on the blackberry network. I kept getting an error about suspended service. Anyway, att escalated the issue to rim and they called me today to tell me the blackberry had been reported to them as stolen and was locked out. att premier support is closed and I don't know what to do. I am so freaking mad its unreal. Has anyone else had any similar issues?
Old 05-30-2010, 01:10 PM   #2
kart3r
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone Portugal

Sure its possible that your carrier sold you a stolen blackberry but its also possible to be some customer service assistant error.
i know that when some client calls customer service and wishes to deactivate BIS service, the assistant is asked for the reason to the deactivation, and one is for "Lost/Stolen" that locks the device.If the device was returned by another client after this deactivation, because he did not liked the device for example, they obviously will sell it again, this time to you.
Hope you got luck solving this problem.

Cumps
Old 05-30-2010, 04:17 PM   #3
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

Find an ATT company store or device support center( not a vendor) and with the proper receipts in hand tell them this same story and it will be replaced. You do have paperwork donxxx8217;t you?
Old 06-21-2010, 02:29 PM   #4
aivieandres

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: at&t

omg ! maybe it was my phone -______- mine was stolen and i want it so bad . now im plannin to get a refurbished blackberry bold 9700 same as the one that was stolen =\\\ now I know not to buy a refurbished one. -__-
Old 06-21-2010, 09:41 PM   #5
Soapm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO

Suspended service, did you pay your bill?
Old 06-30-2010, 12:13 PM   #6
RJE

Model: Torch
Carrier: Telus

I was sold two stolen Blackberries in one year from two different, reputable dealers. The first was an 8900, which the dealer admitted later was bought brand new from a guy who walked in off the street. The second was a Storm 2, branded to Telus, that was provided to the store by their supplier. A contact I have at Telus told me that stolen Blackberries finding their way into stores has become an epidemic.

What I can tell the original poster is that RIM will not permit you to ever register that phone on their network. Your carrier has to give you a new phone.

Last edited by RJE; 06-30-2010 at 12:18 PM..
Closed Thread