Old 11-04-2008, 01:14 PM   #1
thecountof
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2 Uk
Default Pocketmac and Entourage 2008 oddities

Please Login to Remove!

New to the Blackberry bold and new to Pocketmac too so I am a little confused.

And in fact, just upgraded to Entourage 2008 a day ago!

Ok, in my Tasks, I've only really had a few in there in Entourage, but for some reason, when I synced for the first time I almost had 1000 tasks. When I looked closely, it looked as though calender events were in there? why is this?
Anyway, I just deleted them all from within Entourage, and am now trying to sync "just" Notes - and its syncing whilst we speak, already been spinning for about 30mins!

The other thing is that notes is not syncing well either, in fact none from Entourage are appearing on the Bold, only another load of Calender events on the Bold and again, 1000 of them?

can anyone clarify f I am doing anything wrong?

thanks for any help, as I have spent the last few days on this already.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:56 AM   #2
WFLDEng611
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iPhon
PIN: Used to
Carrier: AT&T

As you have seen tasks don't sync very well and notes do not sync at all. For your tasks I would try another piece of software from RexWireless. It might leave you a little fragmented, but it is the easiest way that I have found.

REXwireless: BlackBerry Software Applications
Old 11-06-2008, 07:36 AM   #3
j_hnsn17_81

Model: 8130
Carrier: US Cellular
Default new to this also, but try this . . .

I know that it took me a bit to notice that Entourage treats "tasks" and "to do" items differently, the former being the traditional list and the latter including everything from the tasks list and things like emails and calendar items that have some sort of follow-up or reminder attached to them. That might explain why the task list is much shorter than the to do list.

Just a thought . . .
Old 11-07-2008, 08:44 PM   #4
jfkeith
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700

Pocketmac, Entourage 2008, and BB are not very compatible at this point. I'm using an 8820 and I've had all sorts of issues, you never really know whether or not it's going to work well. Poke around the boards here and there's a lot of good info for Mac users, but Entourage 2008 really isn't meant for BB syncing, 2004 would be a little bit better.

Goood luck
Old 11-09-2008, 12:18 AM   #5
methamp
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
Carrier: Alltel

It's pretty bad. I use it to "restore" my contacts but aside from that, screw PocketMac and Missing Sync. Run a VM (Parallels Desktop or VMWare Fusion) of good ol' Windows XP for your syncing.
Old 11-09-2008, 03:24 AM   #6
thecountof
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: O2 Uk

sorry, I don't understand. How can I run Parallels? When I use Enourage extensively and have done for many years. How will your solution work for me?
Old 11-11-2008, 02:34 PM   #7
jfkeith
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecountof View Post
sorry, I don't understand. How can I run Parallels? When I use Enourage extensively and have done for many years. How will your solution work for me?
Parallels is a program that allows you to run a virtual machine of Windows XP/Vista on your intel mac without having to partition your drive and runs all windows programs fine. So what you would be able to do is run Windows and take care of all your syncing using Desktop Manager, which would be easier than messing around with the mac.

Have a look here: Mac Virtual Machines and Virtual PC. Automation and Virtualization Software for Desktops, Servers, Hosting, SaaS - Parallels

There is also a lot of good info on this site and on many others about how to get this up and running. It's worth it if you are really sick and tired of having sync issues.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:44 AM   #8
jacobp
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkeith View Post
Parallels is a program that allows you to run a virtual machine of Windows XP/Vista on your intel mac without having to partition your drive and runs all windows programs fine. So what you would be able to do is run Windows and take care of all your syncing using Desktop Manager, which would be easier than messing around with the mac.

Have a look here: Mac Virtual Machines and Virtual PC. Automation and Virtualization Software for Desktops, Servers, Hosting, SaaS - Parallels

There is also a lot of good info on this site and on many others about how to get this up and running. It's worth it if you are really sick and tired of having sync issues.

Hope this helps.
But the solution you propose would result in syncing my BB contents to MS Outlook in Windows. I use Entourage in MacOS.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:22 PM   #9
gixxer_kidd

Carrier: ATT

I sync fine using Pocketmac with Entourage 2008, Macbook Pro, and BB Bold with USB. I have everything set to two way sync notes, calendar, tasks, contacts all sync fine. Only issue I had was syncing sent messages on the BB back to entourage. I had it running for about 15 mins and didn't think anything was happening so I killed it. Other than that everything works as expected. Spent all night trying to get it to sync using BT but had zero luck.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:31 PM   #10
jacobp
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-Mobile
Default PocketMac not syncing all contacts

I am attempting to sync my BB 8320 Curve with my new iMac using PocketMac 4.1 with Entourage 2008. For each module, I have syncing setup as one-way, with the BB overwriting the Mac and "all categories" selected. Syncing seems to be working fine with Calendar, Notes and Tasks, but not Contacts.

The odd thing that I am noticing is that PocketMac only syncs 400 of my 1300 contacts. It also does not sync any contacts from my BB that have photos associated with the contact. I read in the PM 4.1 notes that contacts with photos will only sync with Address Book, not Entourage. So I tried syncing the BB with Address Book and still only 400 entries are synced and none with photos.

Can anyone give me your thoughts as to why only one-third of my contacts are being synced.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:43 AM   #11
james12345

Carrier: orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer_kidd View Post
I sync fine using Pocketmac with Entourage 2008, Macbook Pro, and BB Bold with USB. I have everything set to two way sync notes, calendar, tasks, contacts all sync fine. Only issue I had was syncing sent messages on the BB back to entourage. I had it running for about 15 mins and didn't think anything was happening so I killed it. Other than that everything works as expected. Spent all night trying to get it to sync using BT but had zero luck.
ALL I WANT TO DO IS SYNC SENT MESSAGES FROM BB 8320 INTO MY SENT FOLDER ON ENTOURAGE 08 MAC........... WHAT A NIGHMARE!!!!!

ANYONE GOT A STRAIGHT FORWARD ANSWER TO PROBABLY THE MOST COMMON USE FOR THIS BB THING.

THANKS V MUCH.
Closed Thread