Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 02:32 AM   #1
WebsterR

Model: 9000
PIN: --
Carrier: Vodafone
Default Losing memory

Please Login to Remove!

Some users of our company own a blackberry 7230 and all have the same problem after using their BB for four months. All e-mails dissapear and a few will be kept in the inbox. So when they have 100 e-mails in their BB inbox, they will dissapear and just a few lucky emails ( 4 or 5 ) will remain in the Inbox. When you look in the status menu, no more memory is available.

When you send them a new mail: they get it in their inbox and 2 other older mails will dissapear. Strange. I thought their memory is just full, but when you reset the BB, you memory is avalable again just for a few days.

Someone had this problem too?

small detail: they are running version 4
Old 08-01-2005, 08:30 AM   #2
vinniet
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMO

Yes I have the same problem. You pretty much explained it to the money. Some say its the themes (not sure you are using one). It seems sometimes a reset help releave some memory.

It might be a program other 7230 are using that is eating it up. I have many programs on mine. Right now I seem to have a lot of it and over 12 days while before that I had only a day.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:01 AM   #3
DavidE
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebsterR
When you send them a new mail: they get it in their inbox and 2 other older mails will dissapear. Strange. I thought their memory is just full, but when you reset the BB, you memory is avalable again just for a few days.
When the memory is low, a BlackBerry will delete its older messages.

Here's a quote (http://www.pdastreet.com/articles/2...-How-to-Do.html) from How to Do Everything with Your BlackBerry by Curt Simmons :

"When memory begins to run low, the BlackBerry has to make room for new, incoming messages. To find the room it needs, the BlackBerry begins deleting the oldest messages in the Messages folder; however, messages stored in your Saved Messages folder are not deleted. In order to avoid the potential message loss, it is important that you keep your Messages folder tidy—delete messages you don’t want and save messages that you do want. These housekeeping actions will help ensure that you do not lose e-mail that you might need."

By resetting the device, you can reclaim some of the memory your programs didn't release properly. That makes it less likely the BlackBerry would have to force-delete any more messages--at least for awhile.

DavidE
www.davidenglish.com

Last edited by DavidE; 08-01-2005 at 09:04 AM..
Closed Thread