Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 01:07 PM   #1
skip17

Model: 8220
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Smile Import/Export

Please Login to Remove!

I just bought an 8220 Blackberry Pearl Flip and would like to get my contacts into it. The two problems are. #1 I have two address books (Personal and Business) now in .mdb file format in Microsoft Access that nobody can help me get out of there and into the Blackberry. #2 and much harder is that I don't have my own computer because I live in a big building with a large computer room just down the way and I use their computer room for everything and when I finish updating my contacts I just take them with me on my flash drive (I do back up all the time as needed) so I don't have any data on the different pc's I use everyday in that room. If I had a mobile way of doing this it would be great but I don't for now. The best I'm working on is to get the contacts into Excel in .cvs format and maybe into the Blackberry that way once in awhile then delete the Excel file and keep working with my Access books. But if there was a better way or a 3rd party softway I could maybe keep on my flash drive, that would be better. Anyone have idea's. And I also just found out this # 8220 Blackberry Pearl Flip dosn't have a FAX FIELD by mistake I guess by Blackberry but I sent them an email about that before. It has to be a mistake on their part as both T-Mobile and the T-Mobile Blackberry tech dept. agree with me on this so lets see about my email and maybe they can help me get a patch or something to get the fax fields installed on my new Blackberry before I put anymore contacts in. I have almost 600 personal and almost 600 business contacts too and would like an answer on this quickly.
Thanks,
Skip17
Old 01-03-2009, 08:53 PM   #2
fsager
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
PIN: 27FC9D56
Carrier: T-Mobile

Hey skip,
The best I can offer you is to try to export your Microsoft Access DB into CSV format and import it to a gmail account and sync it with your blackberry.

Here is the format of the Google Contacts CSV file. How to do the export and map the fields I couldn't tell you since I don't have MS Access or Windows for that matter (I'm on the penguin).

Code:
Name,E-mail,Notes,Section 1 - Description,Section 1 - Email,Section 1 - IM,Section 1 - Phone,Section 1 - Mobile,Section 1 - Pager,Section 1 - Fax,Section 1 - Company,Section 1 - Title,Section 1 - Other,Section 1 - Address,Section 2 - Description,Section 2 - Email,Section 2 - IM,Section 2 - Phone,Section 2 - Mobile,Section 2 - Pager,Section 2 - Fax,Section 2 - Company,Section 2 - Title,Section 2 - Other,Section 2 - Address,Section 3 - Description,Section 3 - Email,Section 3 - IM,Section 3 - Phone,Section 3 - Mobile,Section 3 - Pager,Section 3 - Fax,Section 3 - Company,Section 3 - Title,Section 3 - Other,Section 3 - Address
Once you get your contacts exported to CSV, import it to gmail and run the google sync client from google to sync the contacts to your phone.

The 8220 does have a fax field with the latest OS. If you can upgrade it to v4.6.180 then you should have it there in the address book.

I hope this at least gets you headed in the right direction.
Closed Thread