Old 03-12-2013, 06:08 PM   #21
NoBox
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT&Verizon
Default Re: Playbook Education

Please Login to Remove!

Thanks for the info. With the "I will overcome no matter how bad the obstacle" attitude here I was hopeful there would be a method that did not involve a Web server somewhere. Guess not.

This issue is all part of the Blackberry mystery. In this specific instance phones synch but tablet does not. When asked blackberry just says: "It doesn't do that". Duh!

Did discover what I think is the reason for the screen behavior. Sometimes it just stops. Whether internally slow or waiting on the Internet is don't know. I do know now that tapping more frequently and with more force isn't the answer.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:16 AM   #22
Bacchus15
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Note3
Carrier: Rogers

My contacts comes from either hotmail or gmail and when bridging with my phone i get them, same with calendar. The Playbook will merge the local calendar and the one it's gets from your email address like gmail or other.

On a personal note i don't use it since they are all on my BB9900 and with the Bridge I get them all so no need to have them at both places. IMHO.

I have a wifi printer at home and it is an HP so either I use the HP e-print software (which is not that good I admit) but no it wont do exactly what you want.

I think Blackberry's ideas are often misunderstood(some would say misleading). I think (starting to hurt lol) that the idea was to be Eco-friendly and not waste paper to "print" instead you: "Digitally print content from your PC directly to your BlackBerry PlayBook or BlackBerry 10 device"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackberry
Digitally print content from your PC directly to your BlackBerry PlayBook or BlackBerry 10 device

Print To Go eliminates the need for physical printouts by wirelessly and securely sending digital printouts to your BlackBerry® PlayBookxxx8482; tablet or BlackBerry® 10 device. Access all your digital printouts in one convenient location and easily view and sort them however you want, wherever you want.
Clearly this concept was misunderstood by many, including me. Again IMHO!

No the bad stuff about the Playbook:

- The browser needs serious help, we need to be able to control it more like on a PC (wishful thinking), we need to be able to control the cache and maybe some plugin to get rid of the adds. It use to be able to open pdf document from the browser on version 1.0 now in version 2.0/2.1 this ability is gone, it will ask for acrobat, which is already on the playbook but no link to it.

- When enabling/disabling the wifi the playbook with hang for a few seconds, mine anyway.

- the buttons on the top with time, like the volume control practically don't work anymore, they are not broken but i must press harder to make them work. However if you use a pen, no problem.

Besides that works like a charm!
Old 03-14-2013, 11:05 AM   #23
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

You can clear the brower cache, local storage, use private browsing, clear history, delete cookies, etc. in the browser settings. You can also block pop-ups or not, disable javascript, flash and turn off load images. There are other options too.

Mine will automatically download PDFs to the PlayBook if I try to open in the browser, I'm not sure if that's what you meant.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:09 PM   #24
NoBox
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT&Verizon

Not just in the browser, although it does happen there sometimes. My slow performance comment is general. Sometimes it just stops, hangs awhile and then goes again. I'm guessing the PlayBook is just doing its' own maintenance thing. Other times, like when using the Overdrive Media Console, I think the delay is with the application. But, generally, performance is very good.

Guess at this point, after a month's use, I'd have to say, at the price, it is a good value and performer. I am not at all unhappy I bought them.

Though, every time I use it my opinion that BlackBerry had their heads up and locked when they designed features, user interface and customer support protocol is reinforced.

Last edited by NoBox; 03-14-2013 at 10:11 PM..
Old 03-21-2013, 10:10 PM   #25
Bacchus15
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Note3
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by daphne View Post
You can clear the brower cache, local storage, use private browsing, clear history, delete cookies, etc. in the browser settings. You can also block pop-ups or not, disable javascript, flash and turn off load images. There are other options too.
I know but i meant for example on a flash video, on a pc you can right click -> parameters and increase the limit on local storage. But logically a tablet is limited in case of memory so it could lead to some issues. but still...

Quote:
Originally Posted by daphne View Post
Mine will automatically download PDFs to the PlayBook if I try to open in the browser, I'm not sure if that's what you meant.
Exact, I would prefer to read them in the browser, but that just me.