BlackBerry Forums Support Community

View Poll Results: Will you/Have you moved away from your BlackBerry?
Absolutely Not! BlackBerry Forever. 150 29.53%
I am considering it, moving to the Android Platform 112 22.05%
I am considering it, moving to the iPhone Platform 83 16.34%
I am considering it, moving to the Windows 7 Platform 21 4.13%
I have. I moved on to the Android Platform, Goodbye BlackBerry! 32 6.30%
I have. I moved on to the iPhone Platform, Goodbye BlackBerry! 24 4.72%
I have. I moved on to the Windows 7 Platform, Goodbye BlackBerry! 1 0.20%
I won't consider a move yet, I have faith RIM will come out with a competing device. 84 16.54%
I have no desire to use my mobile phone as a multimedia/app station. BlackBerry is best for me. 42 8.27%
My BlackBerry was issued to me, I have no choice in the matter. 18 3.54%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-19-2011, 11:11 PM   #161
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: Will you move away from BlackBerry?

Please Login to Remove!

For many of us the keyboard and email is enough to keep us using BlackBerrys. They're also pretty good with voice calls and PIM functions. Notes and tasks as well. My BB is not a toy or an entertainment center so I'm not interested in watching movies on it, nor do I use the browser for more than looking something up quickly. For music I prefer a dedicated mp3 player, in my case an iPod. But that's just me.

Of course you need a BlackBerry data plan with a BlackBerry. But you need a data plan with an iPhone or Android device too. Prices are about the same for either kind of data plan. And with a BlackBerry, because they are so much more efficient with data use than any other platform out there, your monthly data allowance will go much farther.

As for app selection, there may be less of a selection than some other platforms, but there is far less useless junk out there. BlackBerrys are more business-oriented than any other platform so there is still a bias tossers business apps. If you're looking for games or multimedia then BlackBerrys are probably not for you. Although I was recently dismayed to find a fart app for BlackBerry as well as a vuvuzela app. That made me sad.

As far as web browsing, there is no denying that's one of BlackBerry's Achilles Heels. The new WebKit/Safari-based browser in OS 6 is supposed to be a big step forward, but there is no denying that they're coming from way back in the pack.

There is definitely less unbranded/unlocked BlackBerry sellers than any other phone. That's because RIM relies on the various carriers to sell and support BlackBerrys. I've often thought a dedicated BlackBerry store would be a cool idea, but I don't know if they could be profitable. Competing with carriers and their subsidized prices would be tough.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 12:20 AM   #162
akssaket

Model: 8110
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Airtel

hi,
please help me regarding my pearl 8110 GPS. How can i navigate my son with my given pearl 8110? please reply ASAP.

Thank u......
Alex
Old 03-21-2011, 12:04 PM   #163
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

First, you've hijacked another's thread. Bad.

Second, you've posted to a user-to-user support forum. It can take a while before anyone sees your post, and assuming anyone understands your question (I know I don't) and knows the answer, they will respond if and when they want.

Third, if you repost your question in your own thread, take some time beforehand and formulate your post so that it is clear what you are asking to do. And search before you post. Odds are your question has already been asked and answered.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 03-23-2011, 09:11 PM   #164
steakman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
PIN: 2826774b
Carrier: Telus-Personal/Rogers Work

X2 ^. Before you go posting in the first thread you see..., kindly take the time to "scout out the horizon" so to speak. It isnt exactly rocket science...?

As for moving to a different platform..I totally agree with the sentiments provided by Rambo47. Those of us that use this product typically do so because it is business first...and amenities second. BES is awesome. BIS is great. "Docs to go" among a few other apps are simply excellent. For music, i have no issue with my bold 9000. For me, having to keep 3 different devices for every application is a pain in the (_/\_)..!

As for the much vaunted GPS..forget it, too damned small to see or use in a vehicle, prefer my Tomtom for that...but overall, you'll never see me (at this stage of the game), with an android or apple device.

cheers,

stk

Last edited by steakman; 03-23-2011 at 09:12 PM..
Old 03-25-2011, 05:52 PM   #165
PaulM
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9810
PIN: 28ae483a
Carrier: the "new" at&t

I chose "I won't consider a move yet, I have faith RIM will come out with a competing device".

I've been a BB user since the 8100 and since have had the 8310 and now 9700 on OS6. I was able to steer my wife away from wanting an iPhone to the 9800 that she currently has.

I like BB's because of their stability and relative simplicity, coupled with the fact that I absolutely despise the iPhone. I don't do twitter, facebook, myspace, or any of that other crap. I don't need all sorts of senseless apps and I don't need a movie player.

I make calls, I send texts/emails and surf the net. BB's do all of this exceptionally well, so I'm happy. Although I really like my 9700 with OS6 and really don't care much for touchscreens, I'm seriously considering a move to the 9800 purely for processor/memory improvements and screen size. I've looked at some other devices but none of them really catch my eye at all, so for now I'm sticking with BB.

64GB PB - OS 2.1.0.840
9810 - OS 7.1.0.714 unlocked
9800 - unlocked/ bathtub victim
9700 - sold ?
8310 - unlocked
8100 - sold
Old 03-26-2011, 04:04 AM   #166
Attila The Hun
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T,Orang

I have both the BB9800 and the iphone 4
to sorf the internet thats imposible with the BB the e mail shaws on the iphone better
I would mishmash this two in one
Old 03-27-2011, 03:26 PM   #167
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrisflohr View Post
Changing the sim card is a pain in the ass if you dont have the tool
I hear ya. Paperclips are so hard to come by these days.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:50 AM   #168
chiefbroski

Model: 9530
Carrier: Telus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
For many of us the keyboard and email is enough to keep us using BlackBerrys. They're also pretty good with voice calls and PIM functions. Notes and tasks as well. My BB is not a toy or an entertainment center so I'm not interested in watching movies on it, nor do I use the browser for more than looking something up quickly. For music I prefer a dedicated mp3 player, in my case an iPod. But that's just me.

Of course you need a BlackBerry data plan with a BlackBerry. But you need a data plan with an iPhone or Android device too. Prices are about the same for either kind of data plan. And with a BlackBerry, because they are so much more efficient with data use than any other platform out there, your monthly data allowance will go much farther.

As for app selection, there may be less of a selection than some other platforms, but there is far less useless junk out there. BlackBerrys are more business-oriented than any other platform so there is still a bias tossers business apps. If you're looking for games or multimedia then BlackBerrys are probably not for you. Although I was recently dismayed to find a fart app for BlackBerry as well as a vuvuzela app. That made me sad.

As far as web browsing, there is no denying that's one of BlackBerry's Achilles Heels. The new WebKit/Safari-based browser in OS 6 is supposed to be a big step forward, but there is no denying that they're coming from way back in the pack.

There is definitely less unbranded/unlocked BlackBerry sellers than any other phone. That's because RIM relies on the various carriers to sell and support BlackBerrys. I've often thought a dedicated BlackBerry store would be a cool idea, but I don't know if they could be profitable. Competing with carriers and their subsidized prices would be tough.
I generally agree. But I don't understand why people say that ipods and iphones are better for media and stuff, while blackberries are not. I use my bb for songs, videos, pictures all the time with no problems. I even think I can navigate through songs faster and more efficiently with my Storm. It may not has as fancy a UI though...

It may not sound like much, but I find that I can't switch to any other phone easily because of the blackberry menu button. I use it so much, it would be a hard habit to change. The ability to switch applications, flag an email, change any options, message anyone using any medium...etc...seems faster than any other device. Maybe I'm just not open-minded to other platforms, but I think bb os' menus are faster and more organized than backtracking and pressing different buttons to get to different screens just to do ONE function....
Old 04-02-2011, 10:41 AM   #169
kevinlittell

Model: 9300
Carrier: ATT

I just bought this 9300 after 5 years with the same Motorola RAZR and a long list of disposable flip phone so its my first experience with a phone that will do anything besides make calls and take crappy little pictures that are only suitable as background noise on the tiny little display of the point of origin.

I love this phone.

I'm wasn't looking for a huge bill, movie quality display or audiophile music....I needed a keyboard and the ability to make a call every one in awhile. It took me 2 hours to figure out how to navigate thru this entire phone, 2 days too do it quickly and 3 days later I'm adding apps and changing wall paper. I put Yahoo maps, a tip calculator and activated a yellow pages app....Thats all I need on a phone. The movies I prefer to watch on a screen that is at least 60 inches across,web browsing is better on a 27 inch HD display and music belongs on a sound system that is at least 5.1 dolby surround sound IMHO of course.....

Lightwieght.....Simple to use....I've already dropped this thing on concrete 3 times and it's still running....

I think they have a good product and not everyone wants a pocket entertainment system. Personall I have other things to do day to day then stare at a little 4 inch screen.

Now, If I can just figure out how to get the facebook/twitter and myspace off this phone I wont have to bypass them everytime I hit the menu screen!

I wasnt looking for a digital baysitter.

Last edited by kevinlittell; 04-02-2011 at 10:48 AM..
Old 04-05-2011, 01:13 PM   #170
Webhead68
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650

I moved away and I'm kind of glad I'm moving back by the end of this week. I kept finding myself trying to make my HCT EVO more BlackBerry like. Nothing can beat the way the BB syncs everything in Outlook. I needed two different apps on my EVO to sync email, calendar and notes and the one that synced the notes didn't do it wireless. I've been off of this forum for a while but I'm back now and looking forward to getting to know my new phone.

The firmware has changed quite a bit since my Sprint 8330 Curve but with the help of the good people on this forum I'm sure I will get it figured out.

Retired
Nextel 7520
Nextel 7100
BlackBerry 8330 Sprint
Sprint HTC EVO (I know it's not a BB but I dumped it for one)
Old 04-07-2011, 11:42 AM   #171
jasbart
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Any time I consider moving to an iPhone I borrow my wife's iPhone and try to use Apple's Address Book and Calendar. For those two reasons alone I have to stay with Blackberry.

Jim
Old 04-08-2011, 04:21 AM   #172
avelasqu
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: T-Mobile

I went from 9700 to HD2 to 9300 to myTouch 4g to 9700 to Nexus S and now back to a 9780, all within the last 12 months. I keep thinking I need to play Angry Birds, Wordfeud and Words With Friends and use GTunes for free music, then the Android affair fizzles and its back to the trusty BB. I think I need to own one of each. Blackberry for the office during the week and Android for the weekend play time.

Hmm...
Old 04-08-2011, 04:33 AM   #173
avelasqu
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
I'm still on the fence about sticking with my Evo or going back to my BlackBerry full time. If Sprint got a version of the Torch it would be a no-brainer. But my Bold's 2.4" screen is just a bit cramped, and my eyes are not what they used to be. Plus a full-screen calendar on the Evo is a thing of beauty. I never really got used to the BlackBerry calendar app.
I totally agree here. A Torch on T-Mobile's network would be a no-brainer.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:44 AM   #174
sandeepkumar

Model: 8300
Carrier: Executive

Only one time am moved away from BlackBerry and then again came back i have no reason to leave the product at this time past 14 months am using BB.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:11 PM   #175
fourstringfuror
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Q10
Carrier: VZW

Never leaving BlackBerry.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:21 PM   #176
BigA
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iphon
PIN: Prick

Loyal Blackberry user from 2005 - 2010. Now moving the entire company's 55 users to the iPhone. RIM's lack of innovation, quality and platform. Apple has what we need for messaging, emailing, applications and the personal experience. Wake me up when Blackberry can produce a device that won't break in 2mo of use (hint 9300, Tour's track ball, Storm's touch screen) we are done spending money to replace broken devices, upgrading devices just to get the latest platform update. Or when RIM can get applications that are actually useful.
For RIM they will always be catching up to Apple and Google period and maybe even Microsoft with WinMo 7+..
Buh Bye RIM it was interesting while it lasted.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:55 PM   #177
Attila The Hun
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: AT&T,Orang

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigA View Post
Loyal Blackberry user from 2005 - 2010. Now moving the entire company's 55 users to the iPhone. RIM's lack of innovation, quality and platform. Apple has what we need for messaging, emailing, applications and the personal experience. Wake me up when Blackberry can produce a device that won't break in 2mo of use (hint 9300, Tour's track ball, Storm's touch screen) we are done spending money to replace broken devices, upgrading devices just to get the latest platform update. Or when RIM can get applications that are actually useful.
For RIM they will always be catching up to Apple and Google period and maybe even Microsoft with WinMo 7+..
Buh Bye RIM it was interesting while it lasted.
Loyal Blackberry user

"Loyal Blackberry user from 2005 - 2010." I am allmost there too,
I see all my freand with those nice big screen fast and front face camera for video calls,
And I am stuck with old under power phone,
fill bad, I have to wait until RIM will come out with new phone that the massage stuck on comming soon for ever.
Than who is loyal to who me to RIM? or RIM to me?????
Old 05-11-2011, 08:31 AM   #178
boldgrimreaper

Carrier: Rogers

Even though everyone has their own personal experiences with their BlackBerry, I love my xxx9742;, and you couldn't pay me to use any other competitor's phones...I did use my friends iPhone 3GS for approx 3 months and I hated it.
As soon as my BB Bold 9700 arrived in the mail I was so exited I loved it xxx8594; away and I don't care if the screen isn't big enough or faster.
I've been using different phones for several years, only to return to BlackBerry!
I love the keyboard, the display screen very clear sharp and precise graphics.
I rarely play games, but I love to bbm, after all, that's what sets BB uniqueness ...the BBM.
Now I see RIM has come out with the Bold 9900, and I can guarantee Ill be owning that model as soon as I can get my hands on it.
Thank you for this wonderful site also! A+
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 05-11-2011, 01:35 PM   #179
avelasqu
CrackBerry Addict

Once again, I ditched my 9780 and got the Sidekick 4G. I love the SK4G keyboard, but the Android interface is too slow for me. I will hold on to this until the BB 9900 releases and thats where I will stay. I realized that I dont play Angry Birds or Wordfeud as much as I thought I would. It's more of a want than a need. And in that case, Blackberry is what I need and want.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:11 AM   #180
autumndeas
No longer Registered.

Model: CURVE
Carrier: VODAFONE

I'm definitely not a BlackBerry forever and looking forward to change to android or iphone but will surely return back to BlackBerry if i don't find it suitable. I consider BlackBerry as the best phone for business purposes.