BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 12:53 AM   #21
BallHawk3
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

I've used Telenav and that works great. I think its an excellent alternative, but there is a monthly fee. I was actually happy with it and prefer it over the actually GPS units.

I will admit, it ain't the same, but the handheld units are different enough to make me want to go out and buy one, I would rather have it built in the phone.

However, the built in OEM nav systems that come built in the cars KICK ass and I think that blows everything else out of the water.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:37 AM   #22
jnyost
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallHawk3 View Post
I've used Telenav and that works great. I think its an excellent alternative, but there is a monthly fee. I was actually happy with it and prefer it over the actually GPS units.

I will admit, it ain't the same, but the handheld units are different enough to make me want to go out and buy one, I would rather have it built in the phone.

However, the built in OEM nav systems that come built in the cars KICK ass and I think that blows everything else out of the water.
Can you explain how a built-in unit can kick everything else out of the water?
Old 01-03-2008, 01:58 AM   #23
BallHawk3
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnyost View Post
Can you explain how a built-in unit can kick everything else out of the water?
cause its built in, large screen, don't have to worry about charging it, and the fact its built into the practically WHOLE system of the car. You got the radio playing and nagivation going, everytime they speak to give direction, music goes mute. It's nice to be able to control everything on one screen. And the voice activate system is very nice, some even have bluetooth built in. The honda nagviation system has been my fav one I'ved used, and thats been since 2003!

I prefer it, granted they do make non oem system like it that run $1000+ that look pretty niftty, i don't have any experience with those but i'm sure it close.

me, if I were ever to buy a car again, i'd make sure it comes with the built in nagivation.

And if your going to talk about price, I don't think that matters when your purchasing a car for at least 20k (i don't think any car under 24k mrsp as option for nagivation, cheapest I can think of is Honda Civic). And heck, become a better negoiator

Last edited by BallHawk3; 01-03-2008 at 02:00 AM..
Old 01-05-2008, 10:13 PM   #24
jnyost
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallHawk3 View Post
cause its built in, large screen, don't have to worry about charging it, and the fact its built into the practically WHOLE system of the car. You got the radio playing and nagivation going, everytime they speak to give direction, music goes mute. It's nice to be able to control everything on one screen. And the voice activate system is very nice, some even have bluetooth built in. The honda nagviation system has been my fav one I'ved used, and thats been since 2003!

I prefer it, granted they do make non oem system like it that run $1000+ that look pretty niftty, i don't have any experience with those but i'm sure it close.

me, if I were ever to buy a car again, i'd make sure it comes with the built in nagivation.

And if your going to talk about price, I don't think that matters when your purchasing a car for at least 20k (i don't think any car under 24k mrsp as option for nagivation, cheapest I can think of is Honda Civic). And heck, become a better negoiator
I'll still take my standalone unit over a built-in any day. Being portable trumps all in my opinion... I can take my Garmin Nuvi from my vehicle to my wife's, to my coworkers, etc. You can't do that with a built-in. Makes it pretty worthless to me.
Closed Thread