Old 02-24-2011, 05:06 AM   #1
Kenzii

Model: 9520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Default Desktop Manager wants to delete outlook calendar

Please Login to Remove!

Hi All,
Just got a new blackberry and sync'd first time through the DM to outlook 2003. All calendar entries and address book entries copied across correctly.

I tried last night to sync again - and it wants to delete all my outlook entries. I googled the problem and checked that its set to keep appointments 'forever'

At the moment I cant allow it to sync as it will delete +250 entries.

Please help

Thanks
Old 02-24-2011, 06:32 AM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: Desktop Manager wants to delete outlook calendar

It sounds like you have multiple calendars and your default is not what you thought it was, or you've accidently changed it, or it changed with something else you did.

If you have multiple calendars, check and see which one you have been using--i.e. which one has entries and which one(s) are empty. If you have entries in multiple calendars and you did not do it on purpose and do not what the entries spread between calendars, you'll need to move entries to the calendar you want to use as default. See last paragraph below.

Once you decide on which calendar to make default, open options > advanced options > default services, and change both the default CICAL and default CMIME to the one (and email address) you want to use. Do not choose facebook, desktop, or anything other than an email address.

Now open calendar options and in turn highlight each of the calendars that are not the default, and type move, and respond yes that you want to move all entries to the default calendar.

Now try a sync again. If you don't like the action that will be taken if you accept at the prompt, cancel and then re-sync.

Last edited by aiharkness; 02-24-2011 at 06:33 AM..
Old 02-24-2011, 07:38 AM   #3
Kenzii

Hi, thanks for the reply.
I cant check on the blackberry at the moment but I'm pretty sure that there should only be 1 calendar. I will get the user to check the defaults as suggested.
In outlook there is only the one calendar.
Thanks
Old 02-24-2011, 11:12 AM   #4
Calebrity
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9900
Carrier: Virgin mobile

what I would suggest is that there is a setting in the Calnder options to delete entries after a certain time frame mainly 30, 60, 90 or none. switch that to none and that could help out.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:10 AM   #5
Kenzii

just spoke with the guy who is having this issue as he is not in the office at the moment. he says that he can find 2 email accounts - which stems back to the first reply.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:38 AM   #6
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Calebrity's suggestion is a good one, too. At least so user knows the playing field, he should review the calendar option settings on the device and the sync settings in Desktop Manager.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 03-24-2011, 10:13 AM   #7
Kenzii

Typically - the user got this working by changing over the CAICAL as suggested..Now the problem has come back since that blackberry was faulty.

The calendar wants to remove 187 calendar entries. He said that he has the entries in the calendar as his work email account but also has the ability to save with his personal email account.

Everything that I tried previous has been tried this time around aswell.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:02 PM   #8
jaszman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9300
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks aiharkness, I had a recent problem with my BB calendar syncing with Outlook 2007, couldn't figure out what was going on with it wanting to delete alot of entries from my outlook. Saw you post and realized that the problem was the recent addition of a work calendar in an effort to try to organize info from my calendar.

Made your suggested changes to cical/cmime and all is well in the world of syncing my BB again.

Many thanks for your helpful post.

PS I might just delete the work calendar later, it really didn't help with my organization in the way it thought it would, and I don't really use it now.
Closed Thread