Old 12-17-2008, 09:48 PM   #1
ScottRPriester
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: STORM
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VERIZON WIRELESS
Default VZ Nav/Google Maps conflict

Please Login to Remove!

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but I discovered a glitch in using the VZ Nav tonight. I was trying to navigate and it kept telling me that my navigation timed out and gave me an error. It worked the first time I had the phone but I got that error ever since. I remembered shortly after I received it, I downloaded Google Maps, and decided to see if removing that program would help. I removed Google Maps, the phone rebooted and I was back to navigating with VZ Nav.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:55 PM   #2
hudres
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
PIN: n/a
Carrier: verizon
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottRPriester View Post
Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but I discovered a glitch in using the VZ Nav tonight. I was trying to navigate and it kept telling me that my navigation timed out and gave me an error. It worked the first time I had the phone but I got that error ever since. I remembered shortly after I received it, I downloaded Google Maps, and decided to see if removing that program would help. I removed Google Maps, the phone rebooted and I was back to navigating with VZ Nav.
I have used VZ Nav quite a bit lately. I found that when it gives you that error message, the easiest thing to do is to back out of the program (to the home screen bu repeatedly hitting the menu key, not the "red phone button" and restart it. This fixes the problem about half the time. Sometimes I do a battery pull which works very well. I have seen no conflict with Gooigle Maps 2.3.2 at all. I think it was coincidental in your case. 73
Old 12-18-2008, 08:14 AM   #3
ScottRPriester
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudres View Post
I have used VZ Nav quite a bit lately. I found that when it gives you that error message, the easiest thing to do is to back out of the program (to the home screen bu repeatedly hitting the menu key, not the "red phone button" and restart it. This fixes the problem about half the time. Sometimes I do a battery pull which works very well. I have seen no conflict with Gooigle Maps 2.3.2 at all. I think it was coincidental in your case. 73
It seems more than coincedental to me. I received my phone last Friday, and immediately used VZ Nav and it worked just fine. I believe within the next couple of days I downloaded Google Maps and I started receiving the error. Nav worked just fine after removing Google Maps.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:15 AM   #4
chroma

Default Time out

Sorry, but removing google maps doesn't correct the problem either. I don't think anybody knows what to do about this - even Verizon.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:03 AM   #5
ScottRPriester
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by chroma View Post
Sorry, but removing google maps doesn't correct the problem either. I don't think anybody knows what to do about this - even Verizon.

I posted that back in December; since then the new version of Google Maps has been downloaded to my phone and there is no interference at all. They both work well.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:20 PM   #6
chroma

Default VZ navigator

I found that when my blackberry is connected to the bluetooth on my car the VZ navigation will time out. I can't use both at the same time, only one at a time.
Closed Thread