BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 03:40 PM   #1
mikey1
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: rogers
Default How to do a "wipe" and load software ?

Please Login to Remove!

i am looking for instructions on how to do a complete "wipe" of my 9780 and load the specific software that i select?

i used jlcmdr or whatever its called....that wiped my bb clean no problem....but then when i tried to load the latest software by using the links here and using the apploader it would not do it....

the only way i could load new software was to run the desktop manager/software and that would only let me load the software from my specific carrier....

is this normal???
Old 09-17-2011, 04:09 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: How to do a "wipe" and load software ?

Did you delete the vendor file as instructed? Did you search and make sure you deleted every instance of the vendor file?
Old 09-17-2011, 04:44 PM   #3
mikey1
Thumbs Must Hurt

yes i did delete the vendor file and i deleted EVERYTHING off my PC before starting including the entire RIM folder...after i update using the desktop software then the apploader will work....
Old 09-17-2011, 04:48 PM   #4
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

To wipe using Jl_cmdr, see our FAQ. For reloading the OS, see the section for your device, 8300 according to your profile (9700 according to the post) and select an OS for your specific device. the instructions are also there. Follow them exactly.

And please update your profile if you are now using something other than an 8310.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 09-17-2011, 05:02 PM   #5
mikey1
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
To wipe using Jl_cmdr, see our FAQ. For reloading the OS, see the section for your device, 8300 according to your profile (9700 according to the post) and select an OS for your specific device. the instructions are also there. Follow them exactly.

And please update your profile if you are now using something other than an 8310.
i have followed the instructions exactly, thats why i am asking for further advice....im not looking to be spoon fed here....

i dont see why the info on my profile has anything to do with my questions....i also have an 8310....

what difference does it make whats on my profile when im asking specific questions about the 9780 and even specified that in my post??

i am also posting the questions in the bold section so its pretty obvious by my post what phone and model number i am refering to....

what did you not understand??
Old 09-17-2011, 05:15 PM   #6
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1 View Post
....but then when i tried to load the latest software by using the links here and using the apploader it would not do it....
So all instances of the vendor file are gone....I think you need to give some detail on what you are doing and what you see happening. You download and run the OS package, run apploader....and what happens? Error messages?

Also, don't take this the wrong way, but I have to ask. Are you sure your BlackBerry is the model that you think it is, and did you download the OS for that model?

Last edited by aiharkness; 09-17-2011 at 05:18 PM..
Old 09-17-2011, 05:28 PM   #7
Dubdub
Appleinator

Quote:
i have followed the instructions exactly, thats why i am asking for further advice....im not looking to be spoon fed here....

i dont see why the info on my profile has anything to do with my questions....i also have an 8310....

what difference does it make whats on my profile when im asking specific questions about the 9780 and even specified that in my post??

i am also posting the questions in the bold section so its pretty obvious by my post what phone and model number i am refering to....

what did you not understand??
Kindly drop the attitude. We don't need it.

You asked for instructions on how to wipe. That is what is in the links. I saw that you tried Jl_cmdr, but posted the link just in case. You also asked for instructions on loading the OS. I told you where those were. I am not a mind reader.

It makes a difference the next time if you forget to say which model. We like our members to keep their profiles up to date.

You would be surprised at how many people post in the wrong section. And there are several different Bold models. Knowing the exact model and OS plays a big role in trying to diagnose problems.

-->>Twitter

Last edited by Dubdub; 09-17-2011 at 05:32 PM..
Old 09-17-2011, 05:29 PM   #8
Dubdub
Appleinator

Have you tried BBSAK to see if that will load the OS correctly?

-->>Twitter

Old 09-18-2011, 07:15 AM   #9
mikey1
Thumbs Must Hurt

well to answer the questions....

yes i am sure my phone is a 9780 and im sure i have downloaded the proper software for it....i have verified this by the file name that i download which starts with "9780" and its the newest version in the stickies above....

i start by deleting all blackberry downloads off my computer.....i even completely delete the entire research in motion folder....

next i wipe my bb using jlcmdr which works fine....

next i download the software from the link above in the stickies....

next i double click on that file and it loads it to my computer and creates the research in motion folder....

i have loaded many files before so i know the process....

next i delete the vendor file....then in the same window double click the loader....

the loader works normal until i get to the window where it normally lists all of the apps and software....in this window i get a messege that says something like "no software on device contact your service provider"

the only way i can load ANY software is to use the desktop manager/software....but using the desktop software it will only allow my to load the latest software from my specific carrier....it wont let me load the software that i have downloaded above....

so basically my question is....how can i load the latest software in the stickies immediately after i do a wipe??....or is it even possible??
Old 09-18-2011, 07:28 AM   #10
Motorcycle Mama
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon

What you still keep avoiding answering is if you have searched your entire computer for other instances of the vendor.xml files. Some of the newer installations put copies in other places on the computer.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:29 AM   #11
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Quote:
well to answer the questions....

yes i am sure my phone is a 9780 and im sure i have downloaded the proper software for it....i have verified this by the file name that i download which starts with "9780" and its the newest version in the stickies above....

i start by deleting all blackberry downloads off my computer.....i even completely delete the entire research in motion folder....

next i wipe my bb using jlcmdr which works fine....

next i download the software from the link above in the stickies....

next i double click on that file and it loads it to my computer and creates the research in motion folder....

i have loaded many files before so i know the process....

next i delete the vendor file....then in the same window double click the loader....

the loader works normal until i get to the window where it normally lists all of the apps and software....in this window i get a messege that says something like "no software on device contact your service provider"

the only way i can load ANY software is to use the desktop manager/software....but using the desktop software it will only allow my to load the latest software from my specific carrier....it wont let me load the software that i have downloaded above....

so basically my question is....how can i load the latest software in the stickies immediately after i do a wipe??....or is it even possible??
You indicate you deleted a vendor.xml file......That's why I asked above if you deleted ALL vendor files. I was thinking of http://www.blackberryforums.com/blac...ml#post1171299. Check out that post and see if it is the answer.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:33 AM   #12
mikey1
Thumbs Must Hurt

Okay I will check that out today, thanks
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 09-20-2011, 11:27 PM   #13
jDMJeRk
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Okay I will check that out today, thanks
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
lol, So what did you end up doing? Were you able to fix it?
Closed Thread