Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 09:44 PM   #1
kf6cmp

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Blackberry always ISSUE

Please Login to Remove!

I had a Blackberry 8310 and It was issue after issue. Needing for the battery to be pulled for a reboot. But when it was time for a new phone I figured that maybe it was the 8310 that had a prob. So I got the 9700 and guess what, the same things. It will stop texting and freeze; it will stop being able to use the blue tooth features; The camera will stop functioning properly and on and on and on with the problomes. I have call AT&T and Blackberry and all I ever have gotten is "I'm sorry for your inconvienence". Wow i have been very disipointed with these phones. All the hype. I bought into it. My young adult children told me when getting my 9700 to not get it and Get an Iphone. I didnt. My wife also got the Iphone with my kids and they all love them even my wife who switched from her blackberry, She wasnt sure she would like the iphone, She LOOOOOves it! Unless someone can tell me of a software down load or such, Im ditching Blackberry forever. Signed Disapointed.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:57 PM   #2
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

Do you have a memory card? Sounds like you're running out of free internal memory. The 83xx BBs suffered from memory leak but that was addressed in later models and with OS 4.6. By the time RIM released OS 5.0 memory leak was all but unheard of. How many apps did you download and install on the 9700?
Old 06-20-2010, 10:13 PM   #3
kf6cmp

Yes I have a memory card and the problomes were happening before I ever loaded an app. I now have 8 apps. The phone should be able to handle all. Again Its doing very simular things that my old (8310) phone did. Im not a software engineer but I do have a bit of experience with computers and software. I would say that the phones capabilites are beyond the softwares abilities. It reminds me of windows 95 crashes back then. just an observation.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:14 PM   #4
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

Moved to Rants and Raves
Old 06-20-2010, 10:30 PM   #5
kf6cmp

really, is this an inproper area or ???? I thought general discusions was genral not spacific. Im not ranting if that is what you are implying, i actully want my blackberry to work. So again is there any fix. This not spam and I hope you can take my compaint as not ranting but as true need of help. I know by the internet that these issues are not unique to me. So hope you are in the proper spirt of this discussion. This should not insult anyone, we should never feel loyal to any company just try to improve.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:25 PM   #6
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

There is nothing wrong with ranting, if that's how your feel. Your original post did not sound like you were asking for help - it sounded just like a rant. Also no one is implying your post is spam. You can still get help in this section, if that's what you want.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:46 AM   #7
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

Quote:
Unless someone can tell me of a software down load or such, Im ditching Blackberry forever.
Sounds like a rant (and a threat of leaving) to me.

So you are fully aware, this forum is not owned or operated by Research in Motion. It is privately operated and everyone here is a volunteer.

So, climb off the pious soapbox, and if you want help, you may be able to get it.

So you ha 9700, correct?
What version of the Operating System is running (Options / About will tell you).
How much free space is on the BB (Options / Status will tell you).
What applications are you running outside of the basic BlackBerry apps?

Answer these and stop venting your frustration that you are having problems with your BlackBerry.

P.S. I have had the same 9700 since before the day they were released with none of your issues.

Last edited by NJBlackBerry; 06-21-2010 at 06:13 AM..
Old 06-21-2010, 06:11 AM   #8
dane_c1987
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8520
Carrier: T-Mobile

If you're running eight different apps at the same time then this could be a factor, especially if they require a lot of internal memory to do so.

Try quitting the apps that you don't need enabled all of the time to boost memory/performance. It's a very basic solution but often it works.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:21 AM   #9
the-economist
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: Vodafone Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by kf6cmp View Post
Unless someone can tell me of a software down load or such, Im ditching Blackberry forever. Signed Disapointed.
There is no such piece of software to improve your bb's performance. What you can do though is exit properly from the bb button menu any application you're done using (so to release the memory space), and reboot once a week or so (using quickpull or manually pulling the batt) so to correct possible memory leaks or applications that haven't exited properly.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:40 PM   #10
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7

Got to say I agree with you. The whole BB OS is a bit of a kludge. That's what happens when you take what was basically a two way pager and try to make it to something it was never designed to be. Apologist here will say the BB is superior and that if you don't think the same, that you must be anarchist or something. I been using BBs for 4 years now and I'm basically done. Switched my SIM cards today and my iphone is back to primary. RIM can try to cling to the Enterprise-BES model, but that won't go on forever. RIM's CEO seems a bit clueless on the whole "vision" thing and if he is allowed to continue to steer the ship, I see a big ice burg in his companies future.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:10 PM   #11
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Welcome back troll.
Got your iOS4, with multitasking - a new apple invention - installed?
Old 06-22-2010, 07:28 PM   #12
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
Welcome back troll.
Got your iOS4, with multitasking - a new apple invention - installed?
Yup, and it's running great!!
Old 06-22-2010, 07:31 PM   #13
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

That's so great. You have a minimally useful upgrade which will keep the fanbois happy for hours.

All hail apple.

Sad...
Old 06-22-2010, 08:04 PM   #14
wabbit
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Droid
PIN: PONG???
Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kf6cmp View Post
I had a Blackberry 8310 and It was issue after issue. Needing for the battery to be pulled for a reboot. But when it was time for a new phone I figured that maybe it was the 8310 that had a prob. So I got the 9700 and guess what, the same things. It will stop texting and freeze; it will stop being able to use the blue tooth features; The camera will stop functioning properly and on and on and on with the problomes. I have call AT&T and Blackberry and all I ever have gotten is "I'm sorry for your inconvienence". Wow i have been very disipointed with these phones. All the hype. I bought into it. My young adult children told me when getting my 9700 to not get it and Get an Iphone. I didnt. My wife also got the Iphone with my kids and they all love them even my wife who switched from her blackberry, She wasnt sure she would like the iphone, She LOOOOOves it! Unless someone can tell me of a software down load or such, Im ditching Blackberry forever. Signed Disapointed.
welcome to owning todays smartphones. they all have issues.

from apple to blackberry to htc they are all flawed due to quick market rush.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:36 PM   #15
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
That's so great. You have a minimally useful upgrade which will keep the fanbois happy for hours.

All hail apple.

Sad...
That's pretty funny considering the pitiful upgrades RIM has served up to us over the last few years.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:35 AM   #16
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
That's pretty funny considering the pitiful upgrades RIM has served up to us over the last few years.
You come on here incessantly to bash RIM. What happens to people who dare stray from the Apple Doctrine? It simply isn't allowed.

Again, as has been asked and never answered, if you hate RIM and the Blackberry so much, and have consumed as much Apple Koolaid as anyone, WHY ARE YOU HERE?

Outside of the obvious fact that you enjoy being a troll, of course.

Boy, this takes long to type on an iPad since it doesn't have arrow keys on the keyboard to help you navigate and fix typos. Of course when I asked about that on Macrumors I got shot down.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:46 AM   #17
devnull

Model: I747
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
I been using BBs for 4 years now and I'm basically done. Switched my SIM cards today and my iphone is back to primary.
Since you are no longer a blackberry user, what is the point of you coming here now and antagonizing? It serves no purpose. Would you please stop?
Old 06-23-2010, 08:20 AM   #18
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
Since you are no longer a blackberry user, what is the point of you coming here now and antagonizing? It serves no purpose. Would you please stop?
My guess is Steve Jobs sends him to BlackBerry forums to share his Kool-Aid and get them to convert.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Old 06-23-2010, 02:47 PM   #19
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

It is all part of their plan to convert everyone to their religion.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:56 PM   #20
wabbit

Model: Droid
PIN: PONG???
Carrier: verizon

look it took what 4 years of milking customers to make an iphone some what do what a crappy moto q could do in 2000... good stuff.

cant wait for iphone 5 and os 5.0! wonder if apple is in the 90's yet of mobile computing.

those 1970-80 apps i had on an atari / c64 are really awesome! (NOT!)

Last edited by wabbit; 06-23-2010 at 05:57 PM..
Closed Thread