BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 08:33 PM   #1
angryuser7
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default FREE Zen Bold theme with 20 user customized home screen icons, resized! today area!

Please Login to Remove!

Theme name: ZenTwenty
Theme author: [email address]
Theme credits: I'm not sure where the wallpaper is from. If anyone know, let me know so I can credit them!
Supported Device Model(s) and OS: Blackberry Bold OS 4.6
Download Link: http://bolduser7.bo.ohost.de/ZenTwen..._ZenTwenty.jad
Theme Cost: FREE (but donate please!)

I thought I would share my first bold theme:

It's called "Zen Twenty". As the name suggests the home page holds twenty user defined icons, 10 on the top and 10 on the bottom. The icons are based on whatever your first twenty icons are in the application page and are all resized to 60 by 60, EVEN THIRD PARTY APPS!

When an icon is highlighted, the application name appears on the bottom briefly. There is also the profile icon on the top left for a total of 21 icons.

The middle area is a today display area, so if you mouse over messages or calendar you will see up to seven entries. Due to some quirks however, you can only scroll down and select one of the seven entries if the today icon you want (calendar/messages/call log) is in the first or second top left positions. So personally I have my first icon as messages and my second as calendar.

The rest of the theme was left alone and should be pretty standard. Hope you enjoy. Would love to hear your comments. This took me quite a bit of time to make, so if you enjoy it and can afford to donate, I'd really appreciate paypal donations to [email address]!
Old 02-10-2009, 05:43 AM   #2
tannis00
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 7280)

What a great theme! You've really managed to max out the usable space on the home screen, and still provide "today" functionality.

My one and only suggestion is to find a way to highlight the icon that is selected. Some third party icons don't have a secondary image (such a Yahoo! Messenger), and it's difficult to tell that they are highlighted.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:56 PM   #3
angryuser7
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by tannis00 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 7280)

What a great theme! You've really managed to max out the usable space on the home screen, and still provide "today" functionality.

My one and only suggestion is to find a way to highlight the icon that is selected. Some third party icons don't have a secondary image (such a Yahoo! Messenger), and it's difficult to tell that they are highlighted.

glad you like it! It's a hard problem to solve... the only way to fix that, is to not resize the 3rd party icons, which defeats the purpose of the theme. I've thought about making one row resized and one row not...but I'm not sure how good that will look.

Sorry!
Closed Thread