Old 09-27-2008, 04:25 PM   #1
9thline
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Angry Rogers!@#$% (resurrected post)

Please Login to Remove!

I had this up earlier this week but someone got a little sensitive and sent me a few nasty posts (which by the way had no effect on my feelings - LOL!) and the thread was disabled. My intention here is not to attack certain professions, it's a well deserved dig at Rogers' incompetent system (again, no individual is attacked) I think a lot of people are interested in this story. So, I edited this down and hopefully nobody will take this personally as it is NOT my intention to upset the forum members:

I find it really interesting that there aren't more rants about Rogers in this section. What's even more interesting is what I have to go through with Rogers to try and get the Blackberry Bold. This is a long rant and I probably wasted too much time writing this but I hope my experience will help others.

So here it goes. I'm not technically eligible to get a Bold because I signed up only last December and I can't get a hardware upgrade on my Curve until Dec 08. Okay fine, I signed an agreement, whatever. But for some stupid reason, they'll upgrade me to an iPhone for only $200 rather than a Bold for $400 so I called to complain.

I managed to get a special promotion since I had all TV / Internet / Home Phone / Wirless with them, but they didn't have any Bolds in the call centre so I had to wait.

That was a month ago today, but Monday I was able to place an order and they said to expect it today or tomorrow.

THEN...

This morning I tried to text and it bounced back as undeliverable. I tried again and got the same result. Then I sent an email and it hung with that globe icon. So I tried phoning my landline, and my call was automatically directed to accounts receivable, who, after getting my account info asked me what my call was about! Man my blood began to boil, I wasn't even trying to call them!!! It turned out that because I had just joined Rogers Wireless in December, I was on this credit limit for $200. There was a pending charge of $400 on my invoice so if I go over $200, they yoink my service. She said if I wanted my service back, I'd have to pay for the Bold immediately with my credit card. I am set up with automatic bank payments so I told them to just take it out of my account now. They said they can't do that because it is automated and won't withdraw my money until the 1st. I asked them to raise my credit limit. I had to talk to customer service for that so they put me on hold. 25 grueling minutes later, a CSR finally picked up.

I explained it all over again and she repeated what Accounts Receivable told me. So I told her to just cancel my order, that I don't want the damn phone for the BS Rogers was putting me through. They're making $300 a month off me with all these services and they decide to suspend my wireless service without notice because somebody failed to mention that if I order the Bold, I would have to pay them immediately or this would happen. She then put me on hold for 5 minutes to talk to someone about canceling my order.

She gets back to me. Sorry, I can't do it because the Bold is in transit. I asked, what do I have to do to get my wireless service back? She said she can put a temporary credit limit of $300 on my account but I have to pay them $100 right away. I asked if there was any other way I could get my service back. No. Was there anyone else I could talk to? I was put on hold another 5 minutes before she was back on the line, "Sorry to keep you waiting, you can talk to someone in customer relations, but they're not open until 9am" (it was 8:15 am at that point.)

Fine, I realized she wasn't going to budge so I gave up, told her I'll call Customer Relations later when they open.

So I'm driving to work plotting to have all my services removed, wondering how I am going to tolerate Bell once again, considering maybe they improved since I yanked my 2 phones from them in 2007. I couldn't take it anymore so I called Accounts back and got a different person on. We went through the same conversation, and when he said that I had to pay for the phone to get my service back, I told him that I am extremely pissed off and I'm about to fork out $400 to break my contract with Rogers and switch everything to Bell. Right away, at 8:30am I was transferred to someone from customer relations (I was told by the CSR that they weren't open until 9 yet it was 8:30, was I lied to?)

I was put on hold for 1 minute and all of a sudden, they cancelled my credit limit and my wireless service was ready once I rebooted, just like that. She apologized profusely and they saved me from switching back to Bell. My Bold arrives tomorrow.

All I can say is, this new "Bold" bloody well better be worth the high cost and hassle I had to go through. I'm an Apple fanatic and it's amazing considering how Rogers is so overly automated to the point where I can only speculate that they probably train their CSRs to not show any acknowledgement that Rogers makes stupid mistakes. After all this, I still rejected the iPhone due to my loyalty to Blackberry!

So the best advice I can give other Rogers subscribers is, if you don't get what you deserve from Customer Service, hang up immediately, call back and keep calling back until you get someone who has the guts to show empathy despite what Rogers may not want them to do. That of course if you really don't want to go to Bell or Telus!

Thanks for reading!

*Update, I've had the Bold for a few days now, I'm still waiting to determine if it was worth it!
Old 09-27-2008, 04:26 PM   #2
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Model: 9530
PIN: G Pong Champ
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.

This time everyone lets keep this without insults.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:48 PM   #3
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Wirelessly posted (off to see the wizard)

Agreed

I feel for the OP's experience but I also think many have had similar experiences with most of the carriers.

I find it very peculiar that one can talk to one rep and get nothing then talk to another and get almost anything.

Working from the retail side at a wireless carrier I see it all the time customer service sends a customer in to get a deal that we in the store cannot give the customer. There is a huge communication gap between care centers and retail store and the specific markets and as long as there is situations such as the OP's will continue

Last edited by ezrunner; 11-11-2008 at 05:51 PM..
Old 11-11-2008, 05:47 PM   #4
necromantic

Model: 8120
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

Ugh.. Rogers. Don't even get me started.

I hope the bold works out for you.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:06 PM   #5
complexx
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

Does Canada have a beaureau that regulates the business practices? In the US we have the Better Business Beaureau, where if you feel you've been treated unfairly, you can report the incident to them. If you have something like this, I would definately make a formal complaint.

You should have been protected from this situation in the first place. The only event that should give them a right to interrupt your service is your lack of payment in a timely manner. I would ask for credit to compensate for the lack of service, poor quality control of their own protocols, and your general discomfort.

Just my opinion. I'm sure they will say, "we can't offer you credit for this situation." which will be hillarious, because they can offer you credit to buy the services, they can so easily remove the necessity for credit when a problem arises, but now when you want something back for you trouble, that will be difficult...
Closed Thread