Old 03-26-2008, 05:09 AM   #121
mizditz101
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: iPhne
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirexInc View Post
ok so that says it right there. the first thing they say when selecting a password is not to use information about your personal life. obviously if this guys can always guess your password maybe its because your picking passwords that to well associated with you.
I'm not even going to go on about this. You don't know the guy... it's hard to explain. A 12 digit number is NOT associated with me or my personality, but he knew that also. He's one of the ones that we're so close... He's saved my life a few times because he's known that I was about to do something stupid. Even now he has a knack for texting me right at the time I'm having an issue of some kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirexInc View Post
i did 4 years in the Navy. i dont know where you friend work for the supposed govt but like i said the blackberry is the ONLY approved device for official govt job at the military/intelligence sector.
Funny, the Army has a contract with Motorola. They give their employees Motorola phones because they are contracted to them.
I've asked about this.. because I wanted to know why his boss gave him such a crap phone. And it's because they 1- have a contract with Moto. 2- didn't want information on his phone. They do pay a percentage of his phone bill, but he still doesn't get work email on his phone. Not that they matter but their email accounts don't allow it.. He can't even access his email account other than on a few specific computers anymore

I may be paranoid, but this is how I grew up... Not only is the email on my computer empty, but so is the email on my phone... I grew up with my dad being in the public eye.. and I mean public. I learned very young to keep your personal life and info as personal and close to you as you can...
"super secure device" or not.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:13 AM   #122
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Watch out for the Black Helicopters.
Wow...
Old 03-26-2008, 05:18 AM   #123
VirexInc
No longer Registered.

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizditz101 View Post
I'm not even going to go on about this. You don't know the guy... it's hard to explain. A 12 digit number is NOT associated with me or my personality, but he knew that also.

Funny, the Army has a contract with Motorola. They give their employees Motorola phones because they are contracted to them.
I've asked about this.. because I wanted to know why his boss gave him such a crap phone. And it's because they 1- have a contract with Moto. 2- didn't want information on his phone. They do pay a percentage of his phone bill, but he still doesn't get work email on his phone. Not that they matter but their email accounts don't allow it.. He can't even access his email account other than on a few specific computers anymore.

what is this guy psychic? come on you expect me to believe this guy will ALWAYS guess your 12 digit password ALL the time? obviously if he is guessing your password then they are not random passwords.

ok there are different branches of the govt and different civilian contracts the govt has with them. you answered my question though when you said he doesnt get his work email on his phone because ALL GOVT email uses a CAC (common access card) system to be able to view the email. also you must have registered DOD certificates on your device to be able to get access to that email and they are different then the generic DOD certificates that are installed in desktop manager. ok so let me rephrase then. the blackberry is the only device authorized by the govt that they use to send and receive govt email.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:33 AM   #124
mizditz101

No he's not psychic. It was one time he guessed that password... and even though it wasn't associated to me in any way, it was one that if I gave you one word to google, you could find it. He didn't know that that's what it was, but he knew how long it was, and he figured it's something I would do. This is what we did to each other during school. I was able to get a few of his as well.
It's not psychic as much as it is almost one of those twin vibes going on I guess you could explain. It's just always how we've been. It's the reason I can't look him in the eyes when there's something on my mind, because he knows at that point what it is thats bugging me. I'm his open book I guess you could say.

and @ NJ, I know that's how it seems.. even my friends have said that on occasion..so meh.

But more than me having extreme paranoia (it's not that bad) and thinking pretty much everything to do with the government is a conspiracy (think about it) I grew up pretty much around celebrities. I learned that you just stay away.
what added to that even more was moving to Montana, where not only was my dad on the radio DAILY and 95% of the population within a 60mi radius heard his voice, everyone knew I was his daughter. It took them a while, because my dad doesn't use our last name (for that exact reason) but once a newspaper used his real last name, my life became severely public. Before I knew I had a boyfriend, not only did my dad know, the whole town knew. Where it wasn't the case before they learned who he was. Hell, my GRANDMA even knew, and she lives in Utah. I don't keep stuff on my phone because I still have that ingrained in my head. I constantly had stuff getting spread about me because someone read half of a text I either sent or received.
I got pulled over ONCE, and texted someone about it, EVERYONE knew.
Whats great was my dad had called within 30seconds of me getting pulled over, because about 8 other people drove by and knew that it was my bronco with a cop behind it. I do believe that it was because of my dad's job that I got out of the ticket, which is a perk, but it has its severe downside because not only are those things printed in the paper there, the whole school knew by the time the first bell rang that I wasn't there because I got pulled over...

It's been a fact of my life since I was little. I was a poster child for KNIX in Arizona. I always had their shirts on (because I ruined my own) and I was ALWAYS at concerts/autograph signings associated with the KNIX station.
I've been on stage, I've been on the radio, I've been on TV in front of the WORLD... It's just what I do to get away from it all. I don't hide myself.. I still go out and have fun.. but it's lead me to be extremely cautious, because I know who watches me. I have stories of even being here in Utah and people knowing everything I say and do... *shrugs* it's a part of my life.. and with what I'm going to school for, it's not going to end any time soon...
Old 03-26-2008, 05:37 AM   #125
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Look out - they are behind you!!

I can't move this to Rants and Raves since it is there.
Maybe it should be in Off Topic.

Cause it now has NOTHING to do with BlackBerrys.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:39 AM   #126
mizditz101

Well, I was even the OP of this topic.
I TRIED to get it back from razrs... It just didn't work...
I posted saying I was getting my new phone... and it just went insane from then...
Meh, do what you feel necessary, I could care less
Old 03-26-2008, 05:44 AM   #127
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Oh yes you do...
Closed Thread