Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 02:44 AM   #41
just4747
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VZW

Please Login to Remove!

King Solomon, you really suck at figuring things out, lol. As JGBerry and sense21 and others stated in specifics, everything you complained about is almost nonexistent for most users who know anything. Re-read JGBerry's post replying to all your complaints. Everything he said is correct and none of us have those problems you have at all. He covered everything so I have nothing else to add to rebuttal with besides what he said already.
I mean you try to access e-mail via web access via the browser (just use push); and think you can't stream video from the web; and think you can't put videos on the memory card; and call pressing one button to skip a song tedious (are you serious?); and call the phone call quality bad; and call the trackball inaccurate without adjusting its settings first??? Come on dude, spend a little freakin' time searching through the options and settings for everything, it'll open a new world up.
Seriously, nothing works better than the new BBs and there's no reason any of those things you mentioned should be occurring at all! Jesus some people just...

Last edited by just4747; 07-21-2008 at 02:49 AM..
Old 07-21-2008, 08:54 PM   #42
kjjb0204
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasunst3r View Post
I hear Verizon is quite notorious for crippling their phones and monetizing everything possible. I have the BB Curve 8320 on T-Mobile, and my three days with it only reinforced my notion that T-Mobile is very liberal with their phones and allow you to do whatever it is you want to do. Perhaps you should indeed ditch your carrier, but don't give up on BB.

I had Tmo for 3 days and determined I'd rather have superior network coverage and data speeds and switched to Verizon. By the way, the only thing Verizon locks down on my BB is GPS. If Tmo serves your needs, go for it. In my neck of the woods, Tmo coverage is the worst of the major carriers. Verizon's coverage is lightyears ahead of any other carrier in New England, so that's what made the decision easy for me.

For the OP - I would agree with most here that you didn't give these suggestions a try. I like my 8330 even more than my last BB, an 8830. Yes, the 8830 felt solid as a rock. I attribute that to the weight. The 8330 is smaller and lighter. Trackball works just fine.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:46 PM   #43
lemmy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: Verizon

I am undecided on my 8330 from Verizon. The trackball isn't that great. It is like the stupid Ipod wheel. Yoiu move it 1/2 turn and it doesn't move at all and then the next 1/4 turns and it moves 5 positions. Also, I have been unable to view youtube videos as well. when I click on the video thumbnails load, but I click on the video and nothing happens. I haven't tried using it as an mp3 player though. I think the speakerphone is great and works better than any phone I have tried. However the reception of this phone is horrible compared to any Motorolla or Palm phone. My signal at work will go from -80 to-110 and then back to -90 in seconds. It is just all over the place.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:50 PM   #44
lemmy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300

Ok, I just tried youtube one last time and it worked. I have gone there 4-5 times since I got this phone and this is the first time it has worked.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:04 PM   #45
RandyWA

Model: 8330

Quote:
Originally Posted by 003402 View Post
. . . A visit to the Apple Store and a demo by the salesperson of the Iphone sealed its fate. He could not type a message to save his life. I left there with an Itouch and a warm fuzzy feeling that I was due a new blackberry....
My wife and I were in Las Vegas a week ago and went to the Apple Store at the Fashion Show Mall, and for the life of me I can't see what all the hoopla is about the I-Phone. We both tried to type a message and could not do very well at all. Now we've got upgrades for a Verizon Blackberry Pearl and a Curve due for delivery via FedEx by Noon tomorrow. We hope to have a good experience.
Closed Thread