Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 09:43 PM   #41
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

Please Login to Remove!

Ohhhhhhhhh, you not an addict I can see???
Old 01-18-2007, 09:59 PM   #42
No Longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucejr
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Catts gotta do what a catts gotta do.
That's right! And who is to say that I would need a life. I got nine of those *giggles*

I bet that LunkHead somehow sometimes is an "animal" .. might not have 9 lives .. hehe .. but sure is a CrackBerry Addict.

Old 01-18-2007, 10:04 PM   #43
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinesecatt
That's right! And who is to say that I would need a life. I got nine of those *giggles*

I bet that LunkHead somehow sometimes is an "animal" .. might not have 9 lives .. hehe .. but sure is a CrackBerry Addict.
Yes i can get crazy... I was in our narcotics unit for 5 years and bought crack and meth daily.... Not to mention my 'other' wild side
Old 01-18-2007, 11:35 PM   #44
No Longer Registered.

ooohhhwwwsss.. tell me about the 'other' wild side
(this might not be the perfect thread to discuss this wild side)

Old 01-18-2007, 11:53 PM   #45
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

yeah, wasn't there a hookup forum somewhere? And I think Lunky started it. But be careful Lunky, you'll make Brucejr jealous! I know cats have 9 lives but....all at once? he he he
Old 01-18-2007, 11:57 PM   #46
No Longer Registered.

HAHAHA.. you really made me laugh there John.

I am purchasing some inventory here and read this post, had to stop what I was doing...

Yeah Lunky, be very careful. I might be talking about the "59" or "79" kind *giggles*

Old 01-19-2007, 06:52 PM   #47
brucejr
BlackBerry Master

Model: 666
Carrier: ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark
yeah, wasn't there a hookup forum somewhere? And I think Lunky started it. But be careful Lunky, you'll make Brucejr jealous! I know cats have 9 lives but....all at once? he he he
Tee Hee!! In my line of work Lunky I gets to work with the Meth heads, and others. I try to get them to buy into the "straight and narrow." I tried ot play the part in this little bit I did for a friends college movie.

Best of Campus MovieFest Movies

Won first place so I guess I was convincing. It is called "The Project." Tell me what you think Lunk.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:45 AM   #48
BBFreak
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: If you knew me you would have it!
Carrier: T-Mobile

This is hillarious. I break those rules daily along with many others not listed like typing while driving and reading while driving, lol.

Looking to buy or sale used car audio?
www.caraudioclassifieds.org
Old 01-22-2007, 01:09 PM   #49
Hostile

Model: 8530
Carrier: Verizon

I have the pouch-style holster for my 8700c and I wear it on my belt if I have an untucked shirt to cover it up. Otherwise I clip the holster to the inside of a front pocket.

As for the BT headset, I just bought one. Don't want grease smudges on my new screen and it's definitely better while driving.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:27 PM   #50
kathrynhr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Dr01d
Carrier: Veri$on

I think this article more accurately describes the phone/Berry etiquette problems we all encounter:

CNN.com - Where are your wireless manners? - Oct 18, 2005

The "cell yell" is the most obnoxious thing ever, IMO.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:26 PM   #51
DallasFlier

Model: 9800
PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bond
Life is about balance, and there is a time and place for everything.
Why yes it is, the difference is that there's no rule out there that says YOU have the monopoly on what's "balance" for anyone but YOU.

Quote:
While bluetooth headsets are usefull, I find myself laughing at guys who walk down the street with them on yakking away like they are "cool".. (THAT'S besides the point that I don't want to hear half your stupid conversation as you walk down the street anyways! So shut up already!)
That ain't cool.. That is trying to BE cool.. And you're loosing. Cool is something you ARE naturally, not something you can make yourself. Nope, it's the cool wannabes who have bluetooth headsets and proudly show them off. Yes, I have one, and yes I use it when I'm driving. Otherwise, not so much.
I don't use my bluetooth headset to look "cool", to you or to anyone else. I use it because it provides better communication to both me and those who I'm talking to - and I asked a number of them to compare and make sure that was the case. I use one of the smaller ones on the market, and don't leave it in my ear all the time between calls, but I do use it for about 95% of my calls. My conversations while walking down the street are not about you - it makes no difference if the person I'm talking to is walking beside me or at the other end of a phone connection. Should you attempt to eavesdrop on the conversation and are upset because you can only hear half, that's your issue, not mine. And if YOU find yourself without anything better to do while out in public than looking around and laughing at people using their bluetooth headsets rather than holding the "calculator" to their head - well, I'll refer you back to that "balance" statement you made.

Quote:
The dinner table is NOT the time or place for a blackberry. Pay attention to your wife / husband / SO for gods sake.
On that one, I'll agree with you - whether it be a personal dinner with my SO, or a business dinner - or a business meeting, for that matter. The BlackBerry goes on "silent" during such occasions, unless I'm expecting a very important and very specific call, in which case it goes on "vibrate." If I do have to check it, I'll excuse myself and get up from the table and go elsewhere before pulling it out to check. Taking calls or reading/responding to email/text at the table shows a lack of courtesy and respect to those dining with you, whether it be family or business acquaintences.

Quote:
People seem to have forgotten what it's like to have a personal relationship with another person face to face and not via some "device"... Its frikkin stupid if you ask me.
Again, my friend, its all in the "balance" that you mentioned earlier. Phone calls to my SO, little text messages during the day - enhance the personal relationship. OTOH, someone here a while ago asked if there were any "bluetooth IM" programs available for the BlackBerry and I suggested that if within 33 feet of the other person, that you might consider just walking over and talking to them instead! Balance.... And, some might say that calling actions of those who disagree with you "frikkin stupid" indicates a lack of balance in and of itself.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:32 PM   #52
DallasFlier

Quote:
Originally Posted by foner
Please don't endeavour to tell me how connected I should be to my loved ones because that would be extremely presumptuous even for innocuous internet chat. 42 years old, 5 kids, lovely wife, lovely life. I think i'm doing okay, with the life/berry balance thing as i'm sure many others are here as well.
Very well put!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foner
This is just my wicked awesome CTU / 24 ringtone! Not really that big a deal if you ask me.
ROFL! I use the CTU/24 ringtone also, and it worked well until a week ago, when I discovered a problem! I sat down to watch the 24 premiere, and kept thinking my cell phone was ringing!
Old 01-22-2007, 03:41 PM   #53
blakeatl

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

Jim Bond.......cool is having a blackberry and a family you can provide for.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:00 PM   #54
apple85
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Tour
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasFlier
Very well put!

ROFL! I use the CTU/24 ringtone also, and it worked well until a week ago, when I discovered a problem! I sat down to watch the 24 premiere, and kept thinking my cell phone was ringing!
I NOTICED THAT PROBLEM TOO!! I kept looking for my phone and looking at a blank screen going "I know I heard it ring" then realizing oh it's ANOTHER back noise CTU ring tone going off in the show. Anyone notice that they have that freaking ringer going off more and more this season?

BACK TO THE Original topic, I saw something disturbing the other day while at lunch. A guy took his 2 young kids to brunch, bought them hot chocolate etc then wehn they sat down the first thing he did was bring out the blackberry. I didn't see him set it down for the next 15 minutes I ate lunch. My girlfriend noticed to and had a look of disappointment on her face so I made sure NOT to bring mine out to respond to anything. It was a saturday mid day, I'm sure whatever he was doing could have waited 15 minutes while he spent time with the kids.
All I know that is personally I love the thing but I'm moving away from being so attached to it. Using it when I'm bored (IE Dr Office etc) or out on my own and there is something I need to reply to. Weekends there is a extended response time unless I'm expecting a urgent email.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:27 PM   #55
DallasFlier

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple85
I NOTICED THAT PROBLEM TOO!! I kept looking for my phone and looking at a blank screen going "I know I heard it ring" then realizing oh it's ANOTHER back noise CTU ring tone going off in the show. Anyone notice that they have that freaking ringer going off more and more this season?
Yep, we'll see how tonight's episode goes. I've used that ringtone for months, and conditioned myself to associating that sound with my cell phone (while the program was in recess.) I'm thinking I may need to either change my ringtone or lay the phone beside me when I'm watching 24, so I can glance over and easily confirm its not ringing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple85
BACK TO THE Original topic, I saw something disturbing the other day while at lunch. A guy took his 2 young kids to brunch, bought them hot chocolate etc then when they sat down the first thing he did was bring out the blackberry. I didn't see him set it down for the next 15 minutes I ate lunch. My girlfriend noticed to and had a look of disappointment on her face so I made sure NOT to bring mine out to respond to anything. It was a saturday mid day, I'm sure whatever he was doing could have waited 15 minutes while he spent time with the kids.
All I know that is personally I love the thing but I'm moving away from being so attached to it. Using it when I'm bored (IE Dr Office etc) or out on my own and there is something I need to reply to. Weekends there is a extended response time unless I'm expecting a urgent email.
Yep, its guys like that who have TOTALLY lost the "balance" that has been mentioned here - and they're the ones that stoke the "Crackberry" reputation and potentially make us all look bad. I love mine, and the way it keeps me in touch, but time with SO and family shouldn't be constantly interrupted by the BlackBerry - or any other phone for that matter!
Old 01-22-2007, 11:11 PM   #56
brucejr
BlackBerry Master

Model: 666
Carrier: ?

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

True, it is a tool in my life, not the other way around. You have to set boundaries. Granted my type of work requires me to be more available than most, but even then I have a set boundary that my beloved BB does not cross. My BB helps me be more productive without "chaining" me into a dependent relationship.

Last edited by brucejr; 01-22-2007 at 11:12 PM..
Old 04-06-2007, 02:34 AM   #57
Arcane

Model: 8100

good joke
Old 04-06-2007, 02:50 AM   #58
BallHawk3
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700

I'm guessing those fools over at askmen.com are usinf treos.

There just jealous they can't show off their phone cause its never working.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:32 AM   #59
thelongmile
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
PIN: 205b61b7
Carrier: TMO Uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathrynhr
There are a million ways to ignore and/or irritate your family at the dinner table.

yes........ this is normal.....
Old 04-09-2007, 12:31 PM   #60
celeste
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T
Default Agent Smith

Any guy wearing a bluetooth earbud becomes "Agent Smith" in my book. Especially if he's in a suit and wearing sunglasses. -And I will make fun of him behind his back -- Sorry, but true, I just can not help myself. Love finding humor in everyday things
Closed Thread