BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 04:19 PM   #1
tsalonia
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon
Default Unable to sync with DM via Bluetooth anymore.

Please Login to Remove!

Hello, I have a Verizon 8703e and am running DM 4.2 SP1 on Windows Vista. I was successfully sync'ing with DM via Bluetooth for quite some time, until recently. I made sure the desktop and the device were successfully paired. When I went to the Bluetooth Configuration inside DM to re-add my device, I receive the error message "Blackberry Device Manager is unable to locate any Bluetooth devices that support Blackberry Bluetooth desktop services. Please verify that your device has been properly configured and click Search Again." My desktop can see my BB via Bluetooth, but DM cannot.

The changes I have made recently are: 1) I installed the latest device patch 4.1.0.377 from Verizon, but the bluetooth sync was working after that, 2) I installed a couple of apps on the 8703e to test: Idokorro Mobile Desktop and WebMessenger Message Alerts. These are the only things I can think of that could have effected the BT sync'ing. I even uninstalled the apps, but not the patch, and tested, but to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas?
Closed Thread