BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 03:47 AM   #1
praveens
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
PIN: 12345
Carrier: Airtel
Default How do i delete single application if it was downloaded with multiple cod file?

Please Login to Remove!

i downloaded multiple cod files using single jad file.when i try to delete single application it deletes whole application.How do i delete single application if it was downloaded using single jad file with multiple cod file?..
Old 07-16-2008, 01:02 AM   #2
shraddha294
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMobile

i dont' think we can do that ... not very sure though
Old 07-16-2008, 07:45 AM   #3
holy3daps
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T
Default Removing Modules From BlackBerry

Hi!

If you have a BlackBerry JDE (Java Development Environment) you can do a number of things with an application called "javaloader" in the "bin" directory.

1. Connect your BlackBerry to your PC via a USB cable
2. Using a command-line window, navigate to the "bin" directory of the JDE (if the JDE's bin directory is already in your PATH environment variable, this step is unnecessary)
3. type "javaloader" at the command prompt. This will show you the list of commands available for the application, some of which you may wish to use in other situations.
4. the command "javaloader -u dir" should execute the "dir" command against the BlackBerry device attached via USB cable. You will get a long list of module names, so it might help to do "javaloader -u dir > modules.txt" to create a file that records that list
5. Somewhere on the list (I think it's alphabetized) there will be the COD modules you're interested in removing.
6. the command "javaloader -u erase -f MODULE_NAME" will remove the module named MODULE_NAME from the device. Note that MODULE_NAME is exactly as it is in the list provided by the "dir" command.
7. If you know the names of all the modules you want to remove, just keep doing "javaloader -u erase -f NAME" for each one. If you don't know the names of the modules you want to remove, you will need to track those down.

Good luck! Be careful, though - javaloader is a brute-force method of working with your device.

Cheers,

karl
Develops for BlackBerry
So next phone will be........an iPhone 3G!
Old 07-17-2008, 03:28 PM   #4
arv
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone

We can backup a cod files before we try to delete the cod files.
use this to backup:

javaloader.exe -u save filename.cod

*-u is for usb connection*

btw, you can get javaloader file from JL_cmdr program,
so you don't need to download hundreds MB of JDE file and the Java SDK.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:43 PM   #5
xion
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
PIN: 30bc04e7
Carrier: Sprint-Nextel
Default yahoo module remove with JL_CMDER 1.9.0

I have a used Blackberry 7100i. I can not get Yahoo messenger to load on the phone. From this forum and others I have learned that I need to use java loader to remove a module from a previous version of Yahoo messenger. this module is net_rim_yahoo_messenger. I downloaded and installed jl_cmder v1.9.0 and can take screen shots, see event log. It is my understanding that from my vista laptops DOS command line i need to go to the bin file and then type javaloader -u erase -f net_rim_yahoo_messenger to remove the module in questions. My issue is that once I get to my computers command line it will not allow me to switch to the "bin" by typing "bin" and enter. I do not have a lot of practice with my command line editor. What can I do to erase this module?

On a side note, I do not see the module in question in the module list located in options/Advanced Options/Applications/Modules
Closed Thread