BlackBerry Forums Support Community

View Poll Results: How much will you pay for the 8300 right away?
$300 USD 22 28.57%
$400 USD 18 23.38%
$500 USD 15 19.48%
$600 USD 4 5.19%
Ninjas are cooler than Pirates, but Pirates would win in a fight 18 23.38%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 06:42 PM   #21
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Please Login to Remove!

I ain't paying nuthon gonna make my Boo buy it fo me
Old 03-29-2007, 07:14 PM   #22
Malkier
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8310
Carrier: ALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkHead
Hummmmmmmm......... If it has wifi and a keyboard similar to the 8700...... I'd pay $499
The keyboard is very similar to the 8700, much nicer to type on the 8300 then the 8800.

Ah too slow to vote, oh well its USD anyway, would of had to go pirates then
Old 03-31-2007, 02:50 PM   #23
BMWLotAttendant
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: none
Carrier: Verizon

I'd pay $300-$350 easily. I desperately need a new phone.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:44 PM   #24
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

My vote is for pirates cuz I dont want an 8300!
Old 03-31-2007, 08:00 PM   #25
ruechel
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: T-MOBILE

i am happy with my 7290. i need a blackberry to do what it was originally conceptualized to be: a wireless emailing device enabling its user/owner to move about freely without having to be tied to an office/home computer. all this WIFI, camera, GPS, 3g versus edge, etc., etc. IMHO is for people with too much time on their hands. OK so you might save 2 dollars using wifi and fiuguring out some way to make free phone calls that way or whatever. (if you can afford the 8300 i think that will be the last of your worries.) camera?? who wants to take crappy unusable pics with a Blackberry??? (i am biased i guess since i am a photographer)

i like the 8300 and may at some point upgrade to it when the time comes and i don't have to pay an exorbitant amount just to have the newest gadget. besides i LOVE the trackwheel and might just wait for the 8700g to be cheaper and get that one. fast enough for me.

life is short. look up from your blackberry screen sometime and you might just get laid.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:12 AM   #26
rivviepop
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8320
PIN: n/a
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruechel
all this WIFI, camera, GPS, 3g versus edge, etc., etc. IMHO is for people with too much time on their hands.
Wow where to begin with this whole post -- I'll choose the above. I'm glad you have innate knowledge of what every single person does with their mobile device. (see how nasty that sounds? that's about how much I appreciate your comment)

Quote:
OK so you might save 2 dollars using wifi and fiuguring out some way to make free phone calls that way or whatever.
Or you might use WiFi while you're on the move to SSH into the main mail server, repair a problem, and get 50 employees who are using that server back up and running. But since you already know what everyone does for a living, that was obvious and you chose to gloss that over.

Quote:
camera?? who wants to take crappy unusable pics with a Blackberry??? (i am biased i guess since i am a photographer)
I have over 180 "crappy" phonecam pics on my Flickr. Discuss how I would have captured those moments if I had no camera at all with me.

Quote:
life is short. look up from your blackberry screen sometime and you might just get laid.
This is completely inappropriate and uncalled for; you should be ashamed of yourself for even degrading your intelligence to post such a thing. You most likely wouldn't say that to me (or anyone else) in real life, what makes you think it's ok to say such a thing in this forum?

EDIT: btw, please be sure you read the rules of this forum, you directly violated rule #2.

Last edited by rivviepop; 04-01-2007 at 12:15 AM..
Old 04-01-2007, 08:39 AM   #27
ruechel
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: T-MOBILE

i never violated a single rule in this post - neither did i single out or attack anyone. if you're referring to i said "in my humble opinion" what i consider acceptable in terms of quality is my business, period. if you're happy with your pics, great. that's fantastic. go ahead and flickr away. (i said i was biased..isn't that disclaimer enough?) i am merely suggesting that a phone camera will NOT yield good results. it doesn't., PERIOD. if any of you cherish those moments you might have with your family and friends i would suggest you capture them with a real camera. you'll be glad you did later, trust me (we're way off course here i apologize)

your comment on WIFI doesn't convince me at all. out of a 100 users how many would be confronted wih a problem like that?

However, you did insult me pretty good (not that i have a problem with that - ) so i suggest you read the rules over as well.

Lastly, i would say those things to you in person anywhere anytime. why wouldn't I?

Last edited by ruechel; 04-01-2007 at 08:46 AM..
Old 04-01-2007, 09:41 AM   #28
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!

I would pay more than anyone has offered for a fully operational Papa Bear that worked on the Cingular network. Over $1000, easy. Email me of send me Pm.

This is fact!

Last edited by greggebhardt; 04-01-2007 at 05:10 PM..
Old 04-01-2007, 09:53 AM   #29
wayneholbrook

Model: 9000
PIN: 20D214AB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruechel
i never violated a single rule in this post - neither did i single out or attack anyone. if you're referring to i said "in my humble opinion" what i consider acceptable in terms of quality is my business, period. if you're happy with your pics, great. that's fantastic. go ahead and flickr away. (i said i was biased..isn't that disclaimer enough?) i am merely suggesting that a phone camera will NOT yield good results. it doesn't., PERIOD. if any of you cherish those moments you might have with your family and friends i would suggest you capture them with a real camera. you'll be glad you did later, trust me (we're way off course here i apologize)

your comment on WIFI doesn't convince me at all. out of a 100 users how many would be confronted wih a problem like that?

However, you did insult me pretty good (not that i have a problem with that - ) so i suggest you read the rules over as well.

Lastly, i would say those things to you in person anywhere anytime. why wouldn't I?

OKHOW ABOUT WE ALL GET BACK TO THE THREAD. WHEN IS THIS 8300 GETTING HERE?
Old 04-01-2007, 02:10 PM   #30
ryangoo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneholbrook
OKHOW ABOUT WE ALL GET BACK TO THE THREAD. WHEN IS THIS 8300 GETTING HERE?
agreed. However, why in the world would someone go into a forum which is solely based on the excitement and anticipation of a new blackberry with things like gps, wifi, and a camera, and come in and say that they don't want one, and further insulting those that do. Obviously someone with "too much time on their hands".
Old 04-01-2007, 03:54 PM   #31
wayneholbrook

Model: 9000
PIN: 20D214AB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangoo
agreed. However, why in the world would someone go into a forum which is solely based on the excitement and anticipation of a new blackberry with things like gps, wifi, and a camera, and come in and say that they don't want one, and further insulting those that do. Obviously someone with "too much time on their hands".

I argree again.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:57 PM   #32
Institute
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Mobile

300-350
Closed Thread