BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 02:01 PM   #21
IanHummel
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

I'll be faced with a serious dilemma if T-Mobile gets the 8320. Because in all honesty, I could care less about WiFi, thus making the 8320 a 8700 with a camera and memory card slot. In that case, I would rather buy a unlocked 8800 off Cingular and swap the camera for the GPS. The GPS is the most useful feature to me. The fact that T-Mobile would once again miss on a BB with GPS, much less the fully loaded BB that many of us have wanted for some time now would really rub me the wrong way. All I can say at this point is if the Papa Bear comes out for Cingular and not T-Mobile, that may just be my last straw with T-Mobile and their very sub-par phone selection.

Last edited by IanHummel; 04-03-2007 at 02:08 PM..
Old 04-03-2007, 02:39 PM   #22
BMWLotAttendant
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: none
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBuckeye
Well at least now all the T-Mo people will quit there crying about who gets it first.
Hey now! You'd be doing the same thing, if you got screwed on the 8800 when they said it would probably go to your provider.

Yes, getting the 8320 will quiet me.....you are right.
Now, I just can't wait till I get it....that's the problem.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:49 PM   #23
GIjoe

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

I am sorry, but I am going to be defecting to Helio for the new Ocean thats coming out next month. T-Mobile is just to damn slow rolling out 3G and dependable phones.. the DASH blows and they need a more useful bb in their lineup.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:03 PM   #24
ryangoo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIjoe
I am sorry, but I am going to be defecting to Helio for the new Ocean thats coming out next month. T-Mobile is just to damn slow rolling out 3G and dependable phones.. the DASH blows and they need a more useful bb in their lineup.
haha. helio.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:22 PM   #25
GIjoe

Yeah, have you seen the reviews of the service? Dont knock it, the device does everything and more of any blackberry. Just because it doesnt say BLACKBERRY doesnt mean it doesnt do what a BB can do oh yeah.. AND MORE.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:45 PM   #26
Outrigger

Model: 8820

can we keep on topic please?
Old 04-03-2007, 06:45 PM   #27
dopestar
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: ATT

I can say is that I love my 8700G especially the Google Map application.. I have dropped this sucker so many times and yet it has not failed me...now I wonder how good the83XX series would be with my clumsy self dropping it ... but i hope which ever series is given to TMO that it comes with the video capablity (viewing at least).

Countdown to 83xX series for TMOBILE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-03-2007, 07:48 PM   #28
wayneholbrook

PIN: 20D214AB

I hope the release date is sooner then May 7. Based on BG report it was going to be a few weeks from the last few weeks of March.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:37 PM   #29
ryangoo

Quote:
Yeah, have you seen the reviews of the service? Dont knock it, the device does everything and more of any blackberry. Just because it doesnt say BLACKBERRY doesnt mean it doesnt do what a BB can do oh yeah.. AND MORE.
i'm not laughing at the device. I was merely laughing at the thought of someone pulling that thing out at a business meeting in place of a blackberry. I mean its great and all that you can find your friends and check myspace wherever you are, but try getting some decent 3rd party apps for it, you know. . work stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneholbrook
I hope the release date is sooner then May 7. Based on BG report it was going to be a few weeks from the last few weeks of March.
In any case, I don't think we can expect anything earlier than May 7th. I mean, any sooner and you would think RIM would have shown something at CTIA, esp. w/ RIM having the keynote.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:04 PM   #30
Galvatron
No longer Registered.

Model: 8800
PIN: 240582A8
Carrier: tmobile

sweet my starvation for new tech is over soon. wi fi sick pleas have hsdpa too edge only gets you 100kbs. hmm i wonder ho many shares i can buy hmm time to take a trip ti the loca ml branch
Old 04-04-2007, 07:00 AM   #31
IanHummel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron
sweet my starvation for new tech is over soon. wi fi sick pleas have hsdpa too edge only gets you 100kbs. hmm i wonder ho many shares i can buy hmm time to take a trip ti the loca ml branch
Why are people even mentioning HSDPA and Blackberry in the same sentence right now?

IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN RIGHT NOW!!!
Old 04-04-2007, 07:05 AM   #32
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Funny Thing is.....RIM will release this device we will be satiateted and then have we all forgotten "the perfect device" that is in the far of horizon too. Won't be long before we are all clamoring for it!! I LOVE THIS STUFF
Old 04-04-2007, 08:00 AM   #33
ryangoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrunner
Funny Thing is.....RIM will release this device we will be satiateted and then have we all forgotten "the perfect device" that is in the far of horizon too. Won't be long before we are all clamoring for it!! I LOVE THIS STUFF
Ha yep. I remember thinking that ericsson t68 was going to be the answer to all my wants/needs. As new tech comes out, magically our needs suddenly include them.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:03 AM   #34
Outrigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanHummel
Why are people even mentioning HSDPA and Blackberry in the same sentence right now?

IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN RIGHT NOW!!!
Maybe you should calm down just a tad. People know it won't have 3G, however, keep in mind its a public forum where others have a right to express their opinion.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:41 AM   #35
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrunner
Ya that would bother me a great deal as well. perhaps each Bear is meant for different companies?
That would piss me off even more.
That's the most likely explanation for the existence of the three models that you've been looking for...

Quote:
All I can say at this point is if the Papa Bear comes out for Cingular and not T-Mobile, that may just be my last straw with T-Mobile and their very sub-par phone selection.
IMO basing your choice of a carrier on devices is a mistake -- especially with GSM carriers. However, that's your choice to make. Read HoFo and you'll find phone selection complaints on all sides of the fence(s).

Quote:
Except operate outside the US (for those of us with GSM BB's). Nor do I see device management features for corporate environments. Please check your facts next time. They're clearly not designed for the same market niches...

Last edited by takeshi; 04-04-2007 at 09:56 AM..
Old 04-04-2007, 12:42 PM   #36
Brad00111

Model: 8300C
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWLotAttendant
Knowing release dates, you might as well push it back to July 4th. Then we can all celebrate Independance Day and the 8320 release to T-Mobile.
I have a feeling that we will see launches before June, I think RIM wants to contend with the Apple iPhone and will try and release right around if not sooner than the date the iPhone launches.

Just a thought though......

RIM 950 > Nextel 6510 > Nextel 7520 > Cingular 7100 > Cingular 8700 > Cingular 8800 > Cingular 8300
Old 04-04-2007, 01:17 PM   #37
Outrigger

Well, I just got off the phone with a Tmobile CS, now I know that you really can't rely anything on what they say but I asked about the 83xx that might come out in May and whether or not she has heard anything of that sort figuring that if its going to come out in May and we're already in April, they MIGHT know something. To my surprise, she said she knows for a fact that the 8800 will be out in May which makes sense since Cingular has the 90 day exclusive. But, if thats the case, I don't see Tmo releasing the 8800 and the 83xx in the same month. She said the 8800 is simliar to the current Pearl so I know she wasn't talking about anything else EXCEPT the 8800. I really hate to see cingular come out with the 8300 first and having ANOTHER 90 day exclusive because Tmo only charges $40 for BES and 300 free sms and cingular charges $50 with no sms. I'm just waiting to switch to Tmo. For what its worth, I thought I'd share this.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:56 PM   #38
wayneholbrook

PIN: 20D214AB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outrigger
Well, I just got off the phone with a Tmobile CS, now I know that you really can't rely anything on what they say but I asked about the 83xx that might come out in May and whether or not she has heard anything of that sort figuring that if its going to come out in May and we're already in April, they MIGHT know something. To my surprise, she said she knows for a fact that the 8800 will be out in May which makes sense since Cingular has the 90 day exclusive. But, if thats the case, I don't see Tmo releasing the 8800 and the 83xx in the same month. She said the 8800 is simliar to the current Pearl so I know she wasn't talking about anything else EXCEPT the 8800. I really hate to see cingular come out with the 8300 first and having ANOTHER 90 day exclusive because Tmo only charges $40 for BES and 300 free sms and cingular charges $50 with no sms. I'm just waiting to switch to Tmo. For what its worth, I thought I'd share this.
That would be real bad news, what a let down that would be if that were to be the case. I have to put my stock with BG, he is the one that broke the news of the 8300 coming to T-Mobile within a few weeks, and that was almost 2 weeks ago. His info has always been solid. At least I hope he is right.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:04 PM   #39
Outrigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneholbrook
That would be real bad news, what a let down that would be if that were to be the case. I have to put my stock with BG, he is the one that broke the news of the 8300 coming to T-Mobile within a few weeks, and that was almost 2 weeks ago. His info has always been solid. At least I hope he is right.
Well, I wouldn't place too much stock on the Tmo CS. I hope you're right.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:23 PM   #40
bill0701

Carrier: T MOBILE

I am new at this so please excuse me if I screw this up!

I was just on the phone with TM customer service for a problem with my daughters Sidekick 3 and I asked the rep what new BB phones they will be offering soon. She told me that they received a note today that the phone will be the 8320. the only option she would tell me about what the fact that the phone will have the camera. She told me 4 weeks or less from today.

FOR WHAT ITS WORTH!!!!!!!!!!!1
Closed Thread