BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 12:16 PM   #21
brucejr
BlackBerry Master

Model: 666
Carrier: ?

Please Login to Remove!

Don't care who gets it first really. TMO gets it first, great. Cingy gets it first great also. I'll get one either way. If with TMO I will get it unlocked.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:28 PM   #22
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
Don't confuse T-Mobile US with the global company Deutsche Telecom...

Remember, there is more to the world than the US. Regardless of what Nextel told you in the past.

Such bitterness....
I am really not bitter and could careless who get it first. It is funny to watch some of these people sweat!

Like I said my 8700 is back on my belt while the Pearl and 8800 sit in the drawer. I was going to be first in line for the 8300 but I have waited so long and the 8700 is feeling good.

I promiss not to confuse T-Mobile US with the global company Deutsche Telecom. I do not know who Deutsche Telecom is and do not care!

Lighten up NJ!

Last edited by greggebhardt; 05-02-2007 at 02:29 PM..
Old 05-02-2007, 02:40 PM   #23
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Deutsche Telecom is pretty big but AT&T is about a 25% larger in Revenue in 2006, and has 25% more employess than DT... but you're talking billions in $$s and Euros, so it's outta my league, lol. And all that before they brought Cingular on board.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:24 PM   #24
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370

So what we're looking at is a release in the next 2 - 3 weeks, on T-Mobile or Cingular or both, and only with a camera. No WiFi, no GPS. Maybe on later revisions. Or not.

I won't be jumping on this. If I can find one for < $200 I'll bite, but that probably isn't going to happen for a while and I don't care either. I'm OUT until Poppa Bear.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:42 PM   #25
Sophist
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggebhardt View Post
I am really not bitter and could careless who get it first. It is funny to watch some of these people sweat!

Like I said my 8700 is back on my belt while the Pearl and 8800 sit in the drawer. I was going to be first in line for the 8300 but I have waited so long and the 8700 is feeling good.

I promiss not to confuse T-Mobile US with the global company Deutsche Telecom. I do not know who Deutsche Telecom is and do not care!

Lighten up NJ!
NJ, I think you forgot to include the sarcasm alert in your message.

Greg, if you don't mind my asking ... how old are you?
Old 05-02-2007, 05:47 PM   #26
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophist View Post
NJ, I think you forgot to include the sarcasm alert in your message.

Greg, if you don't mind my asking ... how old are you?
Old enough to see the humor!
Old 05-02-2007, 07:56 PM   #27
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370

If the "Curve" is to be the 8300, perhaps the "Poppa Bear" model will be "Apogee". Leaves room for a middle model to be "Perigee".
Old 05-02-2007, 09:36 PM   #28
CavMan

Model: 8300
Carrier: Cingular
Default Totally agree

[QUOTE=greggebhardt;525964]That would be great for everyone!

As far as me, I had the Pearl and had been using the 8800 for months but just switched back into my 8700c. Boy I love that keyboard. I also still think the trackwheel has merit even though I know it is dead!

I, too, went through the pearl, 8700 and 8800 and am now back with my 8700 (our IT guys are unbelievably tired of sending me BES activation passwords - ha). The keyboard on the 8700 is tremendous and I really hope the 8300 has the same feel/spacing. It looks similar to the 8700 in the pictures and that has me excited. The camera is the icing on the cake.

The 8300 can't get here soon enough. Oh, and for what it is worth, our BES server team all want the 8300 too! A few of them are going to WES on Monday in Orlando and they are hoping to get their hands on one to test while there.

Anyone think we will see a similar gap in timing from announcement to retail availability of the 8800? The 8800 was announced on 2/12 and I think some people in Texas were able to purchase them from Corp. stores on Saturday the 17th of February despite the official launch day being the 21st (if my memory is correct). I would love it if we could get our hands on one from a store at the end of next week. Is that crazy?
Old 05-02-2007, 11:18 PM   #29
Steve
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint
Default What's in a name?

What's in a name?

When I think of the Curve as a Blackberry device name, I just don't get it. The Pearl has meaning when you consider the trackball.

So for fun, I thought of some slogans that RIM could use for get the Curve name out there.

"Learning Curve" - It's steep! Visit BlackberryForums.com to learn how to use one.

"Dangerous Curves" - Don't text and drive!

"Curve Ball" - Another throw by Naomi Campbell!

Steve
Old 05-02-2007, 11:43 PM   #30
mrpropaganda

Model: 9630

Looks like AT&T...

---

By BRUCE MEYERSON, AP Technology Writer 36 minutes ago

NEW YORK - BlackBerry maker Research in Motion Ltd. is introducing its third new model in less than a year, a mid-sized device geared toward consumers who might prefer a full keyboard for typing text rather than the abridged one on the popular Pearl.
ADVERTISEMENT

The Curve, named for its smooth edges, will be offered first by AT&T Inc., though no launch date or pricing was disclosed in a news release Thursday.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:03 AM   #31
mrubin1

Model: 8100
Carrier: tmobile
Default Cnet Review

cnet says att too. review is up.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:32 AM   #32
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

[QUOTE=CavMan;526759]
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggebhardt View Post
That would be great for everyone!

As far as me, I had the Pearl and had been using the 8800 for months but just switched back into my 8700c. Boy I love that keyboard. I also still think the trackwheel has merit even though I know it is dead!

I, too, went through the pearl, 8700 and 8800 and am now back with my 8700 (our IT guys are unbelievably tired of sending me BES activation passwords - ha). The keyboard on the 8700 is tremendous and I really hope the 8300 has the same feel/spacing. It looks similar to the 8700 in the pictures and that has me excited. The camera is the icing on the cake.

The 8300 can't get here soon enough. Oh, and for what it is worth, our BES server team all want the 8300 too! A few of them are going to WES on Monday in Orlando and they are hoping to get their hands on one to test while there.

Anyone think we will see a similar gap in timing from announcement to retail availability of the 8800? The 8800 was announced on 2/12 and I think some people in Texas were able to purchase them from Corp. stores on Saturday the 17th of February despite the official launch day being the 21st (if my memory is correct). I would love it if we could get our hands on one from a store at the end of next week. Is that crazy?
Every time I change devices I have to send my new PIN to all of my fellow BB users. As far as delivery, we should have before the end of the month, very soon now.
Closed Thread