Old 04-10-2007, 05:56 PM   #1
thelongmile
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
PIN: 205b61b7
Carrier: TMO Uk
Default TMO Uk... Come on people!

Please Login to Remove!

Ok, in love with the blackberry 8800 but for gods sake i've had a week of nonsense since getting it

Ring on Monday last week to get the phone sorted
yes you can have that, and yes you can have the unlimited data package for it, you don't have to have the instant email service to use email on this phone
It's not in stock,I'll call you back when it comes into stock

after two days i finally get hold of someone to send me the phone and apparently I get a 5 pound discount per month as part of one of their offers.
so they send it to me, and on the Thursday I get my shiny new BB 8800
turn it on,
"cannot receive data"

Ring them up (call 5 by this time)
sorry noone enabled any data services on your account when you ordered it, but you HAVE to have the instant email service in order to use email on the BB
great, so I have that enabled.

Next day I get my porting pack number to transfer my old number to TMO
(Call 6) Yes sir, that will happen in about an hour, give us a call back if that doesent happen

(Call 7) That didnt happen
I was apparently "mis informed", it will happen on tuesday

Tuesday (today)
I get a text saying, "your number will be ported on the 17th of this month

hence me being furious at this point

(Call 8)
I'm upset, I complain, I say I was sold the phone under false pretenses, and that I've been lied to on several occasions, and I still didnt get the data plan I actually wanted.

"no problem" TMO UK girl says,
"I cant speed up the porting, but I'll give you the first month free, and give you data usage for 2.50 a month instead of 7.50 and give you that month free"

Thanks very much I say

Text message received, "Your new data plan is free for the first month, and will be charged at 7.50 a month thereafter"

(Call 9)
My exact words "This is getting beyond a joke, and I quite frankly want to tell you (T-mobile) to stuff it and give me my money back"

So I speak to manager after manager after manager and eventually get told, that the data plan I was put onto, is 7.50 a month and that they were just pricing it at 2.50 with the plans 5 pound discount.

Was I told this? WAS I HECK!

So a little ranting later,and I eventually get the offer of, we will do it for 2.50 for the life of the plan.

FINALLY I have the plan I wanted, costing me a little more, but still in comparison to other providers.

Ok, so this one was resolved after a breathtaking 9 calls spanning about an hour each. I have the plan I want with heavy discounts, and a month free

But my rant is the service? ONLY when I asked for the customer service manager did something get sorted, did I get the right information, and did I get a decent answer, but ONLY after all of that

Is this really what my life with TMO uk is going to be like?

They are basically the only ones that do this blackberry... except for vodafone who have terrible signal coverage and terrible service and generally are a rip off price wise.

ARGHHH FFS call center staff
Old 04-17-2007, 04:36 PM   #2
thelongmile
Thumbs Must Hurt

finally they transfer my number... without telling me..

im very worried about the quality of service im going to get...
Old 04-18-2007, 08:00 AM   #3
catwoman66
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: Vodafone (Italy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelongmile View Post
finally they transfer my number... without telling me..

im very worried about the quality of service im going to get...
It's pretty bad in Italy too you know, instead of setting me up with my BB they caused my phone a massive debt, it then took them a month to sort this out, (in the meantime they didn't recharge my credit) I couldn't even use my new BB I wanted to move back to the uk where I originally come from, but perhaps it's just the same... hope you're enjoying your BB now, I haven't put mine down in the 5 months I've had it, cat:
Old 04-22-2007, 08:26 AM   #4
thelongmile
Thumbs Must Hurt

thanks for the comments, i cant put mine down either, but im shocked at TMO's customer service...
Old 04-23-2007, 10:39 AM   #5
catwoman66
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: Vodafone (Italy)

By the way what are the prices for data plans in the uk, I think in my case Italy doesn't do too badly I pay 23€ = £15 per month for mail plus internet (200mb) extra for voice but it's quite cheap I don't spend much on calls anyway...cat
Old 05-20-2007, 09:30 AM   #6
thelongmile
Thumbs Must Hurt

its quite expensive and tmo offer some of the better deals out there at the moment.

Update people:
Aftr all this, ive been greeted with snot nosed advisors that have nothing better to do than annoy who they are talking too, but as well as that, ive had the misfortune of looking at my first bill, and i've been overcharged, big time.

letters been sent to complaints, and im not bloody happy, so i'll be looking to cancel or get a substantial discount.

God alive i hope this isnt what i have for the next 18 months
Old 05-21-2007, 11:42 AM   #7
Pearly White
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: None
PIN: Lost my BB..... *sob*
Carrier: T-Mobile (UK)

Funny, Tmo UK have been good to me, never really had any probs with them at all, plus they let me have 4 running contracts
Closed Thread