Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 09:46 PM   #1
sonydude23
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 97/98
Carrier: at&t, Sprint, Verizon, T-Mo
Default Stereo Headphones

Please Login to Remove!

Has anyone else found that the headset jack is a little "crappy" on the 8800. When I listen to music I have to move the jack around to get decent sound.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:55 PM   #2
SchmutzBerry
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8800
Carrier: Evil Mr. Rogers

no.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:19 PM   #3
kompressor

Carrier: Rogers

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

Was your unit made in Canada? I've heard of and experiencd for myself issues with the Canadian manufactured units. I have heard of people having issues with "creaks" on the upper corners. Myself, I had a unit that was randomly rebooting - I exchanged it the day after I bought it, and the new (Mexican made) unit works just fine. I have heard that the Mexican and Chinese units do not creak.
As a proud Canadian, I am quite disheartened by the poor build quality of Canuck units. It makes sense though - our labour costs more, so the Canadian manufacturing plants may be cutting costs in the QA dept.
Kompressor
Old 04-09-2007, 08:33 AM   #4
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Nope -- no problem with my headset jack.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:00 PM   #5
publicpersona

Carrier: Cingular

Really? No problem?

I've tried several ways to get stereo sound out of my 8800 media player. There was an adapter at Radio Shack that someone had suggested (google search) but it only had 3-conductors. That didn't work. Then I ordered a Seidio Standard Audio Adaptor for BlackBerry 8800. The description for that said that it was to adapt stereo earbuds to the 8800, but the result was still one channel only.

I know that RIM sells a stereo earbud, but I'd prefer to have an adapter so that I could use noise-cancelling headset and also connect to a receiver/amp.

What really works?
Old 04-10-2007, 07:48 PM   #6
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: ATT

Did you follow Seidio's instructions to plug the headset into the adapter, then plug the adapter into the 8800? If you didn't, you get mono.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:59 PM   #7
thelongmile
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 205b61b7
Carrier: TMO Uk

the headset port I find is very very stiff
Old 04-10-2007, 09:01 PM   #8
publicpersona

Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRider
Did you follow Seidio's instructions to plug the headset into the adapter, then plug the adapter into the 8800? If you didn't, you get mono.
I'll be damned! That worked!

I don't remember any instructions with it, but I may be mistaken. I really didn't think to look for instructions for an adapter.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:12 AM   #9
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Carrier: at&t

Ha, as usual RTFM... I didn't even think to mention that as I've been doing that from day one with my adapter.

The jack is a bit stiff and you do have to make sure it's fully inserted but it should be pretty obvious if you're not inserting it all the way.
Closed Thread