BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 05:01 PM   #41
gumbyj5
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: ?

Please Login to Remove!

It is has to do with blackberries because i am wondering how i set up the BWC to forward the sent mails to gmail. It is really frusturating when people comment destructively on how others are posting questions. We are here to learn more about BB not forum procedure. So can somone with some insight please answer my post.

Thanks
Old 06-28-2005, 06:05 PM   #42
jwaters
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel

I don't think you can forward from the sent box. If you email from the BB it won't go to gmail.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:22 AM   #43
deezmfnutz

Model: STORM
Carrier: vzw

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbyj5
It is has to do with blackberries because i am wondering how i set up the BWC to forward the sent mails to gmail. It is really frusturating when people comment destructively on how others are posting questions. We are here to learn more about BB not forum procedure. So can somone with some insight please answer my post.

Thanks
Alright I am getting sick of this thread. Please, PLEASE, read my earlier post where I outlined the steps necessary to set up sent copies from your BB to be stored on your GMAIL account. Read it, and then read it again and again until you understand it. THEN go to your gmail account and BIS/BWC account and TRY to set it up. If it does not work then ask a A SPECIFIC question. I will NOT explain it from scratch again I have already done so earlier in this thread, however, if you have problems I would be happy to answer a specific question.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:24 AM   #44
deezmfnutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwaters
I don't think you can forward from the sent box. If you email from the BB it won't go to gmail.
You think wrong. It can be done with ease, please read my earlier posts in this thread.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:03 PM   #45
dkf747
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8520
Carrier: TMO

I've set it up the way you explained about a week ago. Now I notice that there are no new messages in the BWC. Even if the message is sent to [email address]. Is that supposed to happen? Did I screw something up?
Old 06-29-2005, 06:16 PM   #46
ems275
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Verizon
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
Pin me with your email address and Ill invite you to get a gmail account I have 50 to give away
I use yahoo and the spam is unsurmountable that it fowards when set this way, I have tried several times to sign up for g-mail, but obviously it is closed. Any chance I could get an invite too?
Old 06-29-2005, 07:02 PM   #47
dkf747
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747
I've set it up the way you explained about a week ago. Now I notice that there are no new messages in the BWC. Even if the message is sent to [email address]. Is that supposed to happen? Did I screw something up?
Sorry. The BWC wasn't showing any recent messages. After I did a search for a message I sent this morning, it suddenly started working again. (scratches head).
Old 06-29-2005, 09:13 PM   #48
jwaters

Quote:
You think wrong. It can be done with ease, please read my earlier posts in this thread.
OK, I read the previous post and can't get it to work. Here is my setup, can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I have a pop3 account [email address]. I have this set to forward all mail to my gmail account. I have my gmail account set so that when it receives email from [email address], it skips the inbox, archives it and sends it on to my blackberry. My blackberry "sent" is set to [email address] in my BWC.

I set a filter in gmail that says, From:jwaters@livcoems.org skip inbox and apply label Blackberry Sent.

I send an email from my blackberry and it doesn't show up in gmail. I see it in the sent folder on the BWC but it doesn't show up in gmail at all.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:43 PM   #49
ems275
Thumbs Must Hurt

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezmfnutz
I use foward so I get instant e-mails no need to wait for the 15 minute pop delay. YOU CAN EASILY set-up the google filters to allow ONLY inbox mail to go to your blackberry and keep spam on your google account only. To set this up use the following filter parameters. Ignor any warnings about it being invalid, it WILL work!
---
Matches: in:inbox
Do this: Forward to [email address]
---
where xxx = your blackberry account userid
where yyy = tmo/vzw etc

I keep my gmail settings such that it forwards AND keeps a copy on my gmail account. The set-up works great and is better than POP IMHO. Enjoy yourselves *****es!
Question on this Process:

1. Do you have Gmail set to foward or pop?
Because when I have it on foward it won't allow me to save the filter w/ a foward.

2. When you set up the filter where does Matches: in:inbox go, meaning which block, from, to subject etc...
Because I can't get it to work.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:06 AM   #50
dkmadrid
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems275
I use yahoo and the spam is unsurmountable that it fowards when set this way, I have tried several times to sign up for g-mail, but obviously it is closed. Any chance I could get an invite too?
Get me a message and I'll invite you, I've got plenty of invitations.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:15 AM   #51
ems275
Thumbs Must Hurt

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmadrid
Get me a message and I'll invite you, I've got plenty of invitations.
Thanks for the offer Dawg already hooked me up, but thanks anyway.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:13 AM   #52
dkf747
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have. The set-up is VERY simple.

<snip>
---
Matches: from:(xxx@yyy.zzz) Sent wirelessly via BlackBerry from T-Mobile.
Do this: Skip Inbox, Apply label "BLACKBERRY SENT"
---

Where [email address] is the email address that you have set-up for your blackberry from: header. By default this would be [email address] However using the BIS/BWC you can change this to whatever you please e.g. [email address] or [email address] etc etc. The key is that the address in the gmail filter MUST match the address of your BIS/BWC from: field. The addition of the sent wirelessly via Blackberry from T-mobile. Is just an additional modifier so that only my sent mail from my blackberry goes in the blackberry sent filter.

Other than those 2 filters you do not NEED anything else. It should work like a charm. Give it a try if you have any questions or problems please post in this thread for the benefit of everyone who is reading it.
I've got it set up but it isn't working right. Gmail skips the inbox, but when i send a message it goes to my BB and then the gmail filter puts it in my sent folder. How do I prevent it from sending a copy to the BB. Help?
Old 06-30-2005, 02:02 PM   #53
mattchamp
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: att

anyone still need a gmail hook-up? let me know...
i too have like 50 to share...
Old 06-30-2005, 02:51 PM   #54
deezmfnutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems275
Question on this Process:

1. Do you have Gmail set to foward or pop?
Because when I have it on foward it won't allow me to save the filter w/ a foward.

2. When you set up the filter where does Matches: in:inbox go, meaning which block, from, to subject etc...
Because I can't get it to work.
EMS, thank you for trying to set it up via my directions! Your problem is simple you MUST use the following filter IN CONJUCTION with the sent mail/auto/bcc filer so that you do NOT get duplicates of the sent messages sent to your blackberry.

---
---
where yyy = tmo/vzw etc

Do NOT turn on auto-forward and archive in the the gmail set-up turn it OFF. Then use the filter above. That way you will ONLY forward inbox items to your blackberry. Spam and your blackberry sent fiter (which is set-up to SKIP inbox) will NOT appear on your blackberry handheld; they will remain ONLY on your gmail account. Using the in:inbox filter is CRITICAL to get things working right. Otherwise your set-up appears sound. Try the above filter (after turning off gmail forward and archive). It should work like a charm. Let me know if you have further troubles.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:06 PM   #55
ems275
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
EMS, thank you for trying to set it up via my directions! Your problem is simple you MUST use the following filter IN CONJUCTION with the sent mail/auto/bcc filer so that you do NOT get duplicates of the sent messages sent to your blackberry.

---
---
where yyy = tmo/vzw etc

Do NOT turn on auto-forward and archive in the the gmail set-up turn it OFF. Then use the filter above. That way you will ONLY forward inbox items to your blackberry. Spam and your blackberry sent fiter (which is set-up to SKIP inbox) will NOT appear on your blackberry handheld; they will remain ONLY on your gmail account. Using the in:inbox filter is CRITICAL to get things working right. Otherwise your set-up appears sound. Try the above filter (after turning off gmail forward and archive). It should work like a charm. Let me know if you have further troubles.
deezmfnutz, thanks for the clarification, but I still have a question.

where in the filter set up screen do I put "in:inbox filter " and what is the the "sent mail/auto/bcc filer". As of now I am not getting dups on my BB.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:10 PM   #56
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

When is this thread going to be locked?
Old 06-30-2005, 08:36 PM   #57
Rip2632
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

ems275, here's what I finally worked out via trial and error from deezmfnutz' instructions.

Do NOT use forwarding in Gmail. Make sure it's off.

Create a new filter and put "in:inbox" in the "Has the words" text box. Click next step, and IGNORE the pop-up telling you it won't work. Check the box labelled "forward to" and type in your BB mail address (as Deez pointed out, it'll be [email address], where xxx = your username and yyy = your provider abbreviation)

Create another filter in Gmail with whatever your sent from address is IN YOUR BB MAIL OPTION...by default, it'll be the [email address] address, but I have changed mine to my gmail address. So, I put "xxx@gmail.com" in the "From" text box of my new filter, AND THEN (unfortunately, I think) you have to put your BB mail sig. (Sent from Verizon Wireless Blackberry, for example) in the "Has the words" text box. I had to do this to keep the mail I sent from my BB separate from the regular Gmail I sent...So, make sure the sig. you use in your BB mail is the same text you put in the "Has the words" box.

Click Next step, and check the "Skip Inbox" AND "Apply the Label" boxes...use a label like deez suggested, "Blackberry Sent"

Click Update Filter and you should be good to go...

(You can, I suppose, eliminate the sig. steps in the second filter and just keep up with the sent mail folder in Gmail...basically I just want to keep those in my account, so I might change my second filter to remove the sig.)
Old 06-30-2005, 09:55 PM   #58
ems275
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip2632
ems275, here's what I finally worked out via trial and error from deezmfnutz' instructions.

Do NOT use forwarding in Gmail. Make sure it's off.

Create a new filter and put "in:inbox" in the "Has the words" text box. Click next step, and IGNORE the pop-up telling you it won't work. Check the box labelled "forward to" and type in your BB mail address (as Deez pointed out, it'll be [email address], where xxx = your username and yyy = your provider abbreviation)

Create another filter in Gmail with whatever your sent from address is IN YOUR BB MAIL OPTION...by default, it'll be the [email address] address, but I have changed mine to my gmail address. So, I put "xxx@gmail.com" in the "From" text box of my new filter, AND THEN (unfortunately, I think) you have to put your BB mail sig. (Sent from Verizon Wireless Blackberry, for example) in the "Has the words" text box. I had to do this to keep the mail I sent from my BB separate from the regular Gmail I sent...So, make sure the sig. you use in your BB mail is the same text you put in the "Has the words" box.

Click Next step, and check the "Skip Inbox" AND "Apply the Label" boxes...use a label like deez suggested, "Blackberry Sent"

Click Update Filter and you should be good to go...

(You can, I suppose, eliminate the sig. steps in the second filter and just keep up with the sent mail folder in Gmail...basically I just want to keep those in my account, so I might change my second filter to remove the sig.)
Rip2632, Thanks so much for the detailed set up instructions. IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM. Thanks for the quick help.
Old 07-02-2005, 02:53 PM   #59
dkf747
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747
I've got it set up but it isn't working right. Gmail skips the inbox, but when i send a message it goes to my BB and then the gmail filter puts it in my sent folder. How do I prevent it from sending a copy to the BB. Help?
No help? Well I helped myself. It now works fine. The way the filters were explained were not clear. After a bunch of different ways, I got it to work.
Old 07-02-2005, 02:56 PM   #60
jwaters

Finally got it to work too! Thanks!

Next question is, does anyone know of a way to set Gmail so it won't send the Blackberry Sent messages when I access through POP? They go straight to a BB Sent folder on Gmail, however I still download them on Outlook. I searched Gmail and it did say that all email is downloaded except that which is in Spam and Trash, however I thought maybe someone knew of a trick that would only download mail that is in the Inbox when accessed through POP.
Closed Thread