Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 01:17 PM   #1
TKR99

Model: 7130v
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2 (UK)
Default 7130v Duhhh question :)

Please Login to Remove!

Ok - so, just to help an old granny out, can you please all not fall about on the floor laughing at me - but how the heck do I get my Sim card inserted to this phone??? I'm upgrading from the older style BB which had a nice little holder the card went into - nice and easy - but this one has nothing like that and although I can see where it should go, I can't figure out how to get it in without bending it in some way or damaging it as there doesn't appear to be a holder. It's an Ebay job, but the seller only mentioned an entirely separate fault with it (clickwheel) and said he'd been using it fine so presume he'd no problem fitting a card. I've searched endlessly online and on the BB site docs but no pics and actually no info anywhere of any value much to help me. I'm sure once you tell me I'll certainly be going DUHHH but you know how it is with old people and new technology so a shade of patience would be appreciated.

TIA, TKR
Old 07-08-2009, 03:31 PM   #2
TKR99

Default Sorted :)

Wish I could have just deleted that last post, but this forum seemingly doesn't allow me to even edit my own post after a certain time but a friend found me the correct manual for it so I'm sorted However, no doubt will be on again at some point with another just as silly question!
Old 07-08-2009, 05:01 PM   #3
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Why not share the solution in case someone else has a similar problem?

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 07-08-2009, 05:10 PM   #4
TKR99

Default Solution

Couldn't imagine anyone else being so techodumb as me, but just in case.

A friend sent me the link for the proper manual that shows the pictures of how to insert the Sim, and it was indeed just that simple thing of not realising that the little bar I saw going across the pins was all the card needed to go under, and that if I put pressure on to push the card in underneath it then it would go fine.

Seem's I can't post a link now either which I can appreciate as I run a forum myself, but suffice to say it's on the main blackberry site under a listing of
/BlackBerry_7130v_from_Vodafone_-_Getting_Started_Guide.pdf so hopefully that will get others pointed in the right direction.
Closed Thread