BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 08:37 AM   #1
billyk09

Model: 8820
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Improving 8820 Bluetooth Performance?

Please Login to Remove!

Is this possible? I am a new 8820 owner using a stereo Bluetooth headset (Moto S9 HD). I've used S9's for over a year with Verizon phones (LG Voyager, Env) and the LG's had BT performance that is at least double that of the 8820.

My 8820 drops the signal unless it's line of site, even when it's used in my office and located just a few feet away. In comparison, when used inside, my LG phones never dropped the signal, as long as I stayed within the same general interior space as the phone. This was the case even when the room I was in was huge. When used outside, all of my previous phones would drop the signal occasionally unless it was primarily line of sight, as there are no walls to bounce off of.

So is there any way to improve BT performance on the 8820? Is there a setting of BT strength? (I can't find one!) Does it matter if you pair at a distance vs right next to the 8820? Any tricks from seasoned BB users?

Thanks!
Closed Thread

Posting Rules