Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 05:14 PM   #1
jabone
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Bold
Carrier: ATT
Default Help - switching BB

Please Login to Remove!

I have had my personal BB7100 for almost a year now. About 2 months ago I switched gigs and didn't get the new corp. BB until today. I paired the 7100 with the corp BES, which forced a password, blocked ports, etc. Is my only option to getting my BB7100 back to "normal" a hard reset of the device?( Settings, Options, Security, "Wipe Handheld")

Thanks,

John
Old 11-02-2005, 09:45 PM   #2
BB_0wned
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7290

You switched gigs?!?!? You paired the 7100 with the corp BES??? What are you trying to say here? Do you mean, your new 7100 was added to a BES and you have a new IT policy which is forcing a password,etc?
Old 11-03-2005, 07:31 AM   #3
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Wiping out a BlackBerry will not wipe out the IT Policy. Part of the BB security. You should contact the BlackBerry support group at your new gig and ask them to push a default policy (without any of their customizations) and then you should ask them to remove you from their BES, unless you are willing to live with their policies.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:09 AM   #4
jabone
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Bold
Carrier: ATT

I have a personal 7100. When I started the new job they said that I could add my 7100 to the BES because TMo was taking 2 months to ship new hires the corp issued BB. Now I have my corp issued BB and want to reclaim my 7100.

For example, new company has blocked verichat on my 7100. I would like to re-enable that.

Thanks.

John
Old 11-03-2005, 09:42 AM   #5
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

Regardless of whether you can live with their policies at the moment I would have them push a blank policy and have them remove your personalBB from the BES. If you dont when the time comes that you are no longer with the company or decide you cannot live with their policies any longer you are going to have a hell of a time reclaiming it. And what happens in most cases is that we do not anticipate our needs lets say 6 months down the road and by the time you realize you should have done it it is ussually too late. Act now while the iron is hot or regret later. A personal blackberry should never be added to a corporate environment, you can always get your work emailed forwarded to it if you have to.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Closed Thread