Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 09:10 PM   #1
Bamellis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9850
Carrier: Sprint
Default May be a strange question but.... need help with email

Please Login to Remove!

I searched and could not find my answer.I hope I make sense... I just upgraded from the 8350i to the 8530 and so far I only have one problem, I run a forum for a band. I use my BlackBerry to check in to that forum regularly. Since I am the administrator, my email address is the same one that I use for the topic reply emails. I like to be able to just click on links in the topics that I am watching. Since setting up this phone I never receive any emails that come from my own email address. Since it is not me, but my forum that sends them I want to change that. Any idea how I can fix this??
Old 01-11-2010, 10:03 PM   #2
southwestcomm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Many

Did you create a new BIS account for your device? The iDEN and CDMA BIS systems are different.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:46 PM   #3
rtfdjohn

Model: 8530
PIN: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamellis View Post
I searched and could not find my answer.I hope I make sense... I just upgraded from the 8350i to the 8530 and so far I only have one problem, I run a forum for a band. I use my BlackBerry to check in to that forum regularly. Since I am the administrator, my email address is the same one that I use for the topic reply emails. I like to be able to just click on links in the topics that I am watching. Since setting up this phone I never receive any emails that come from my own email address. Since it is not me, but my forum that sends them I want to change that. Any idea how I can fix this??
With my 8530, (from an 8330, from an 8350i) I logged on to sprint.blackberry.com, logged in, and it asked if I wanted to change to my new device, then it allowed me to do so.
Since you were originally on an 8350i, I suspect you'll need to register for a new account at SPRINT (not nextel now) .blackberry.com, give it your pin, etc...and it should allow you to set up your mail.

Now, when I first came over to sprint, I had to make the first setup of my mail via the phone, not the web, and it took a few days for the web to catch up and allow me to log in and make changes.

Try the email setup feature of your phone, it should walk you through getting your mail, especially if it's not a blackberry email address. (ie: [email address])
Old 01-13-2010, 01:01 AM   #4
Raptor_01

Model: 9630

I had to run thru my email setup a couple of times to get it to finally work.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:29 AM   #5
Bamellis
Thumbs Must Hurt

I am not on BIS. I will see if setting up a new account will help! Thanks!
Old 01-13-2010, 10:49 AM   #6
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

If you never setup BIS, you never setup an email account, therefore you wouldn't ever get emails.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 01-14-2010, 09:20 PM   #7
Bamellis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Apparently I had a moment there! I have my email set up. I don't use a BES. I have a sprint.blackberry email address from when I had the 8350i. The problem is with my gmail...

I downloaded the gmail app and I can see my messages that way. I've tried everything and can't get anything that comes from my gmail address to show up any other way. It worked fine on the 8350i. I wonder if the problem is with gmail or if it's a new BlackBerry feature. I can see why some people might not want to get email's from their own address but when you run a forum and all of the topic replies are set up from that address they aren't really from me.

So far that is my only complaint about the phone.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:11 PM   #8
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

No, thats a gmail thing.
It will not allow blackberry to push emails from your account.
i.e. m@gmail, will not allow forwarding of emails from m@gmail sent to m@gmail.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 01-15-2010, 10:14 AM   #9
Bamellis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thanks!! I have considered setting up a new address for the forum that isn't gmail. If I weren't afraid it would go to people's spam folder, I would do it! At least the gmail application works.
Closed Thread