Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 05:04 PM   #1
eric0668
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8705g
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Totally Confused About the Setup of The Media Card

Please Login to Remove!

I finally got the media card half way working in that I can access it thru my computer/manage/disk management. does not show up on My computeer. I have a post on that (if anyone can help there, you'd be a life saver)

but regardless, I can open the BB contents and the media card contents. I see just what I want to see. I don't think this is a hidden file issue

I see music ringtones pictures etc.

But when I goto send a mms, I attach audio, I am taken to mms tunes first, I guess that is in sample music or sample music hidden (not an issue) but I go up, then I see a Ringtone and a ringtone. I could guess on what the difference is, but I really don't know where I am.

Not as easy to explore when in the middle of a message. Can someone guess where I was and can I delete one of those ringtone or Ringtone files to keep my OCD mind at peace

thanks as usual

Eric
ScreenGuardz (www.screenguardz.com)
TatSkinz (www.tatskinz.com)
Old 08-18-2008, 05:07 PM   #2
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

It probably doesn't show up under My Computer due to a driver letter assignment conflict:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...tml#post689933

When the BB is connected to the PC you will NOT see the media card from the media app and the BB does NOT have access to the card. Disconnect from the PC and the card will show up on the device again.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:23 PM   #3
eric0668
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
It probably doesn't show up under My Computer due to a driver letter assignment conflict:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...tml#post689933

When the BB is connected to the PC you will NOT see the media card from the media app and the BB does NOT have access to the card. Disconnect from the PC and the card will show up on the device again.
John thanks a lot. I am really searching and looking. The BB does not have a drive that anything else has, unless like hidden files, there could be hidden storage devices on that device manager. It has H: I have a, b, c and d of course, e and f are my cd and dvd, g is my Dell Jukebox, and then the H for the BB

And the BB was actually not connected. I think the problem lies in, and feel free to clarify and add to this, when I was doing a mms, I think when I hit attach audio, it pulls up all audio on the entire device

Therefore, I saw the empty Captital R Ringtone on the BB with nothing in it, as well as the small R ringtone folder on the media card. So I don't want to delete anything is that correct.

(Not worth a full post, since putting all music on last night, I have been listening to it and while showing it to a friend it DID turn off one time, do you recommend I follow your directions for removing, formatting, etc..)
As for under
Old 08-18-2008, 05:26 PM   #4
John Clark
BBF Moderator

It doesn't show up under "My Computer" as "BLACKBERRY (H"
Old 08-18-2008, 05:32 PM   #5
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

I had seen users who could not get their media card to appear on the PC as a removable folder who had to rename a current device (like your e or f drive to a higher letter like M or N, so the BlackBerry could take the lower letter, e or f.

Rename your E to M, and them reboot and see.

Last edited by JSanders; 08-18-2008 at 05:35 PM..
Old 08-18-2008, 05:34 PM   #6
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Also, if you haven't already, format the card while in the BB using the "format card" option in the Media card options on the device. That names it and sets all the folders up as they are supposed to be setup.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:43 PM   #7
eric0668
CrackBerry Addict

I will try both options, JC's first as I would prefer to leave the other drives alone, but No JC as to your original ? you got it right. It does show up on the Disk Management, and I Can access it, so not the biggest of problems, certainly easier than using Roxio. I do have to even jiggle the USB to get it to show up there, but it does eventually. So I don't think that is the problem. I will try the other solutions. Formatting first since I had the restart problem when playing music

thanks. will get back, btw, JC, thanks again, I would not even have the opportunity to use these cards if not for you and of course Steven at Horizon Wireless. I got it a couple days ago. You are a cool guy
Old 08-18-2008, 05:46 PM   #8
John Clark
BBF Moderator

If you have to "jiggle" the cord, that's a problem.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:48 PM   #9
ronaldgoode

Model: 8820
PIN: N/A
Default Is "Mass Storage" activated?

If you've formatted your microSD card, also make sure "mass storage" mode is on.

Other than that, does your computer indicate that your phone is connected? If not, you may have a problem with the USB cable.

Hope that helps,

Ron
Old 08-18-2008, 05:50 PM   #10
eric0668
CrackBerry Addict

I wasn't thinking it was. I was thinking 'once connected...connected' The rest should work.

I am copying everything now to my desktop from my card to format, which I will do either way (btw, I never knew the validity of cds or dvds about losing a layer everytime u rewrite, but in formatting over and over does that damage a micro sd?

But when I get back from my parents and it is done copying, I will try one of the usbs in the back.

Thanks John
Old 08-18-2008, 06:59 PM   #11
barbwyr
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310

You're not using a USB hub are you? BB's don't like hubs, they need to be plugged directly into the USB port.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:08 PM   #12
eric0668
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbwyr View Post
You're not using a USB hub are you? BB's don't like hubs, they need to be plugged directly into the USB port.
Thanks Barbwyr, and all, no, no hub. But I just got it with all of your suggestions, and it was the usb wire. not the port, thank god, I like using the one on the front.

thanks
Old 08-19-2008, 07:21 AM   #13
DyMndSkiR
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: 22F1E255

Do you have any network drives assigned? I have had problems in the past with network drives taking up drive letters and interfering with removable drive letters. If you have any network drives, try disconnecting them before you plug in your BB, then see what happens.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:52 PM   #14
eric0668
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyMndSkiR View Post
Do you have any network drives assigned? I have had problems in the past with network drives taking up drive letters and interfering with removable drive letters. If you have any network drives, try disconnecting them before you plug in your BB, then see what happens.
No I am just on a home, single computer.

I am glad you, or someone wrote back tho, bacause while it by chance worked the first time I put the new cable in, it was strictly by luck. It Still is not working

No Network drives. I am on a single, home computer.

I did get it to work one more time by getting some non existent drive g:, renaming it like m (per above) but that only worked once. And at that, I fear I may havemessed things up by adding an extra drive that also doesn't exist. That is, if possible--if XP would have even let me.

Is there a way to get it back. I believe I have an M and an R and I don't know which one even exists Can I have XP refresh the list of drives. Should the right click 'refresh' over disk mgmt take care of that, or the right click 'scan for hardware changes' under device manager?

As far as once they are returned, maybe it is that front usb port, I will try others. thanks
Old 08-19-2008, 03:00 PM   #15
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

^^Same fix I suggested, but you aren't going to listen, are you?

smfh.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:05 PM   #16
eric0668
CrackBerry Addict

ahhhhh could I be any more clear. READ READ my son. READ the 4th line above. I did what you said. It didn't work

Read if you are going to be a darn mod OR don't help at all

I think u owe me an apology calling me out in public like that.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:08 PM   #17
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

duh, I read that, which is WHY I said, "same fix I suggested...", it worked as you said. Now if you would figure out WHY it keeps failing.

Eric, read this very clearly: I don't owe you anything. The gall of you thinking that, as much as I have helped you, taken your personal messages, your IMs, etc., and spent my personal time assisting you, for you to blurt out at me like that. Do you have turrets syndrome?
Old 08-19-2008, 03:13 PM   #18
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Seriously, eric....no need for calling out the folks trying to help you.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:15 PM   #19
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Trying to help, my butt. I did help. It just isn't the fix he wanted.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:15 PM   #20
eric0668
CrackBerry Addict

Well it wasn't a fix and it certainly shouldn't have been put in a message the way you said it. especially in the forum. The attacking words "but you aren't going to listen are you" first implied I didn't try what you said, and second are very attacking and shouldn't be used, nonetheless in the forum, in PM if u want to use them. Not good for you, me or the owner of the site.

Dude I never said you owed me anything. Again, reread above. You help people because you want to and for you to even suggest that anyone thinks you owe them anyhthing implies that you feel that they owe you. The words, " do you have turrets syndrome" How old are you dude. What if one on here did. You need serious help

As a Mod, please answer the following question. Who owns this site. and tell me how to contact them

I am working on it. And I am here for help. I tried it it did not work and I am trying to fix it and I DO NOT KNOW HOW OTHER THAN TO TRY A BACK USB WHEN I GET HOME
Closed Thread