Old 10-25-2008, 09:01 PM   #1
NeoLogic
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMO
Default My battery life on 8320....

Please Login to Remove!

Okay, there is something wrong with my battery life. I'll tell you what problems I'm having, and what I have done to try and troubleshoot it. Maybe somebody here can help me out.

So I bought the 8320 used and it had 4.2.2.xxx installed. I don't remeber exactly, but it ran fine. Battery life was normal. Two days after purchasing the unit, TMO came out with 4.5.0.81, and I decided to install for the video camera and what-not. There were really no 3rd party applications installed. I think I had dope wars, and that's about it.

So after upgrading, I noticed immediately my curve was smokin' hot. I mean you could fry an egg on the battery. So I popped the batt out, and let it cool off. I reinsert the battery, and after a few min, it was hot, but not as hot. I rebooted again, pulling the battery. Cooled it off, and stuck it back in. This time it was not hot. Odd, but I was happy.

Well a couple hours go by, and my battery went from 60% to dead. I charge the unit, and reboot several more times. No difference in battery life. Due to volume problems, browser problems, battery life problems, I decided to roll back to 4.2.2.184. So I did.

Now battery life is better, but not what it should be. Here's the numbers:

Full charge: pull the charge plug, and wait 5 hours. Goes from 100% to 80%. Now that doesn't see so bad, but that is AFTER I have wiped the OS, and every application including themes. BT is turned off. WiFi is turned off, and the main data/voice radio is turned off. Nothing running in the background. I mean NOTHING.

So would you think i have a defective unit or battery because it fried itself after the 4.5 install? Did I miss some troubleshooting technique?

Last edited by NeoLogic; 10-25-2008 at 09:03 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 10-25-2008, 09:22 PM   #2
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

I suspect the battery
Closed Thread