Old 11-24-2006, 12:28 PM   #1
alanbr
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Carrier: Claro Brazil
Default Big Problem with ExchangeMyMail Hosted BES

Please Login to Remove!

Hello all,

Just wanted to let you know that I have had a very bad experience with ExchangeMyMail. I started using their service around 2 months ago and everything worked perfectly. Setup was great and so was support. Then on last Wednesday (November 22) I noticed that my Calendar was only syncing one-way. That is, changes made to my Outlook Calendar would sync to my BlackBerry device, but changes made to my BlackBerry Calendar would not sync to Outlook. I contacted ExchangeMyMail support. They ended up finding out that there was a problem with their BES and implemented a fix. However, my problem remained. At the end of the day, I was told that the problem was probably with my device, and that I would have to wait until Monday to call RIM support. I knew the problem had nothing to do with my device, so I subscribed to Link2Exchange just to check. And everything is working perfectly. So today I had an online chat with EMM to let them know of this (actually I did this as a test because I have 30 days to request my money back from Link2Exchange...). To my surprise, I was told that the fix had to be reversed, so the problem indeed had nothing to do with my device, but EMM had no idea of when the fix would be implemented. What surprised me the most was their attitude: I suggested giving them 30 days to solve the issue, otherwise they would refund me the activation fees that I paid once for the lifetime and that now I would have to pay again to Link2Exchange due to EMM's fault. They said "No". I then asked if they could suspend momentarily my monthly fees while they waited for the fix because I would not be using their service. They answered "No". Last, I asked if I cancelled the service and then came back when the problem was solved if I would have to pay the activation fees again. They answered: "if after 7 days, yes". I do have a transcript of our chat. Since all we hear in the forums are great news about EMM, I thought I should share what I think is one of the most unfair policies that I have seen being practiced by a company. I paid for a service which they stopped delivering and I am not entitled to any refund. Hmmm, go figure. Just thought I should let you all know.

Alan
P.S.: Better check if your calendar is syncing two-ways with EMM's BES. You might be in the same boat as I am... Good luck!
Old 11-24-2006, 01:09 PM   #2
AlwaysOn607
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Pearl
Carrier: T-Mobile

Alan,

I have no problem with my calendar sync with ExchangeMyMail.

Which direction is not syncing?

Dianna
Old 11-24-2006, 01:13 PM   #3
alanbr

Hi Dianna,

Changes that are made to Desktop Outlook get synced to the BlackBerry device correctly, but changes made to the Calendar on the BlackBerry device do not get synced to Desktop Outlook. So if I am outside of my office and I input an appointment on my BlackBerry, when I get back to the office the appointment is not there on my Desktop Outlook.

Regards,
Alan
Old 11-24-2006, 02:47 PM   #4
AlwaysOn607
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Pearl
Carrier: T-Mobile

Alan,

That is really strange. I sent myself an appt from my Pearl to my Outlook and it is there. I checked the reverse direction and it worked perfectly.

I feel your frustration!

Dianna
Old 11-24-2006, 03:28 PM   #5
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbr
Hello all,

Just wanted to let you know that I have had a very bad experience with ExchangeMyMail. I started using their service around 2 months ago and everything worked perfectly. Setup was great and so was support. Then on last Wednesday (November 22) I noticed that my Calendar was only syncing one-way. That is, changes made to my Outlook Calendar would sync to my BlackBerry device, but changes made to my BlackBerry Calendar would not sync to Outlook. I contacted ExchangeMyMail support. They ended up finding out that there was a problem with their BES and implemented a fix. However, my problem remained. At the end of the day, I was told that the problem was probably with my device, and that I would have to wait until Monday to call RIM support. I knew the problem had nothing to do with my device, so I subscribed to Link2Exchange just to check. And everything is working perfectly. So today I had an online chat with EMM to let them know of this (actually I did this as a test because I have 30 days to request my money back from Link2Exchange...). To my surprise, I was told that the fix had to be reversed, so the problem indeed had nothing to do with my device, but EMM had no idea of when the fix would be implemented. What surprised me the most was their attitude: I suggested giving them 30 days to solve the issue, otherwise they would refund me the activation fees that I paid once for the lifetime and that now I would have to pay again to Link2Exchange due to EMM's fault. They said "No". I then asked if they could suspend momentarily my monthly fees while they waited for the fix because I would not be using their service. They answered "No". Last, I asked if I cancelled the service and then came back when the problem was solved if I would have to pay the activation fees again. They answered: "if after 7 days, yes". I do have a transcript of our chat. Since all we hear in the forums are great news about EMM, I thought I should share what I think is one of the most unfair policies that I have seen being practiced by a company. I paid for a service which they stopped delivering and I am not entitled to any refund. Hmmm, go figure. Just thought I should let you all know.

Alan
P.S.: Better check if your calendar is syncing two-ways with EMM's BES. You might be in the same boat as I am... Good luck!
I feel for you and your issue and from reading your post in the Exchange my Mail hosted BES Thread, and their response, I see you got some resolution to it and that's great...however, watch out for double posting. That's a no-no on the forums.
Old 11-24-2006, 03:45 PM   #6
alanbr

John,
Thanks for the advice!

Alan
Closed Thread