Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 02:12 AM   #1
mrmetro

Model: 7000i
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telus/Mike
Thumbs up Unite 1.0.1 Awesome

Please Login to Remove!

I only post this thread to provide a positive review of this newer version. I as well installed the first version which intern caused 8 hours of aggrevation. I swore I would never install it again. I read the upgrades to the new version along with some mediocre reviews. I decided to install it on my desktop pc and my 2 curves (one mine, the other my wife's). I must say I am pleasantly surprised!! This software works awesome!! My wife and I can finally add and delete entries into our BlackBerry calendars and have the entries sync ota. Some advise for everyone after playing around with the software. I have two email addresses assigned to my blackberry....a BlackBerry email address and a Bell Sympatico email address. My BlackBerry email always received messages rocket fast! My Sympatico one has always been slow to receive..on average of about 10 minutes. This is due to the Sympatico being a pop account. I decided to install my Sympatico email address in Unite. I now receive emails sent to my Sympatico in under 30 seconds! Not as fast as BlackBerry email, but way better. Since my Sympatico email was still assigned to my BIS account I was receiving a duplicate email 10 minutes later into my Sympatico folder. To fix this I deleted my Sympatico email from my BIS account. This took off that folder from my BlackBerry desktop and left me with my BlackBerry email folder and Unite folder (the first time you register emails in the Unite setup it creates the Unite folder on your BlackBerry desktop). As for contact syncing it only works if you enter new contacts in the Unite admin page on your computer desktop. Unite then pushes the new contacts to all the devices assigned to Unite. If you enter a new contact on the BlackBerry device it only stays on that one. I did figure out one thing. I entered a new contact onto my device. Prior to saving it I scrolled near the bottom to categories. I scrolled to the bottom of categories and assigned the unite category. I checked my Unite shared contacts on my pc desktop. The new added contact appeared there, but did not appear on my wife's BlackBerry. Weird...maybe I had to be patient and it would have been pushed to hers. I'll try it later.

Hopefully this helps the people who are on the fence who were screwed the first time they installed this.

One more thing...after installing this new version I was a bit disappointed as I couldn't sync using the traditional usb way (I still sync the BlackBerry calendar to my outlook). Thanks to the sticky post re IT Policy mod I am now able to do so. I just go into my calendar options, select Unite and turn my wireless sync off....voila. When I'm all done I turn the wireless sync back on. It'll be nice if Unite will sync with outlook. Oh well, one step at a time!
Old 09-12-2008, 02:57 AM   #2
Flyeboy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
PIN: 2OD3F5CE
Carrier: Vodacom

Where to download BB unite?
Old 09-12-2008, 03:05 AM   #3
S8N
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Bold
Carrier: o2 UK

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Unite!

Old 03-01-2009, 01:16 PM   #4
newbie100
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2
Default Have you tried this on O2 UK ?

Hi,

Has anyone been able to run unite on O2 UK on a BIS tarrif ??

I have O2 simplicity with a BB bolton, and cant use Unite.

If I put a vodafone sim into my device, (which is BIS +BES), it works fine !!

Vodafone docs claim Unite runs on BIS tarrif..

Perhaps O2 are screwing things up ??

Thanks
Closed Thread