Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 10:41 AM   #1
gillakila

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Angry Bluetooth Serial Port Profile disappears

Please Login to Remove!

I am using a number of Bluetooth devices supporting serial profiles. I spend a lot of time switching back and forth between several devices while testing. Often I will delete a pairing and then add it again.

The problem I am having is after some time when I re-pair with a device that was working just fine, I can no longer communicate with that device (I can pair but my code can not connect). I looked a little deeper into this and it seems that every time I see this problem, if I look at the profiles the device supports, the Serial Port Profile is missing (actually they show no profiles). This makes sense because the Bluetooth Serial port API only lists devices that have a Serial Port Profile. Can anyone confirm this is a problem or offer a solution?

Other notes. It tends to be flaky at best, but sometimes if I discover a completely new device and pair with it then, on re-pairing, the serial port profile will start showing up again for the devices for which it could not be found previously. It also does not appear to be device specific (on the Bluetooth side, once one device serial port profile goes missing they all do).

My best assumption is that when the Blackberry creates and maintains the service records for known Bluetooth devices, and there is some bug that after several rounds of adding and deleting it is getting corrupted or lost. Any thoughts or help is greatly appreciated.
Closed Thread